[Mod] Reign of Terror

First I would check if tilde ~ is bind to any position under Keybinding in Options.

Ram NPC?

So we don’t get to fight you like Brother Laz?:rolleyes:

What about Avatar of Mogdrogen? Also NPC by default but don’t you dare to piss him off :stuck_out_tongue:

or Perhaps Lokar, Ravager, or Ram special Celestial NPC :smiley:

My options are all default. It doesn’t seem to bind the “~” key. How should I bind it?

Have you an English-keyboard-layout?
Is the key left from “1” labeled as “~”?

Here on my German-Keyboard-Layout I have to press “^” twice or “Shift” + “^”
to open the console window.

Thank you for your help. I am the Chinese system, but the default is English-keyboard-layout

It should not be bind to anything, thats why I was asking.

The other thing you can check is if you used by accident CTRL+SHIFT, thats shortcut for switching between keyboard setups.

You can look on your current keyboard layout by opening Start > All Programs > Accessories > Ease of Access > On-Screen Keyboard

Well, I’ve also asked friends who use the same operating system, and they can all exhale out of the console. It seems to be my own problem, just don’t know why and how to solve this problem.

Thank you again for your answer!

No problem.

Have you tried Repair Tool? Maybe the reason why console doesnt want to show is related with some file broken. You must also answer by yourself if you messed with game files, by using other tools available in game folder.

I completed the mission of akara but when I came back to deliver it, I did not get to complete the mission, I created new characters to test more, I did not have any missions (sorry for my bad english I’m using the translator)

So the first character you created had the Den of Evil quest available but couldn’t return it and when you tried it with more toons there weren’t any quests available at all? That seems very unlikely.

Or am I missing something here?

Also, try to provide as much information as possible for any future reports because that way it increases the chance of narrowing down the possible rootcause.

Information like:

• your base game + mod version: GD Vanilla / AoM; RoT Hotfix 2 /3?
  • quest name
  • difficulty level
  • brief description of what you’ve done before the bug and if you are able to reproduce it

I know it’s easier to post: there is a bug, I cannot play! But it really doesn’t get us anywhere since the problem could be entirely on your side by not extracting the files correctly / using modified base game files or just missing something within the mod folder, etc.

Thank you for understanding.

me again with the minor things… doesnt say that “zeal” requires ‘melee’ item (was hoping to zealing around with fire enchanted sorceress but oh well), and when you try to use default attack with “Leaf” you freeze like before (can run and cast spells but just the default attack makes it freeze)

also, frost nova should be bigger in terms of meters, but since the “new one” freezes enemies, not just slows, i can live with that :smiley:

Thanks.

• zeal should be a melee attack imho so that’s why I didn’t include staves / guns as a qualifying weapon
  • female staff attack fixed
  • frost nova has 10 meters radius on ultimate rank (= almost half of the screen) and no cd therefore I don’t see any reason to make the spell even more OP than it already is

well i was just used to that staves are melee so i thought that would work :smiley:

so technically for a fire enhanced sorcerer can use demolitionist range spells with leaf?

DenisMashutikov said that he’s going to change staff template to a melee weapon so if he manages to do so then I’ll add staves support for all D2 melee skills.

Not sure about Demo skills support for staves so you have to try it yourself.

I said, that I’ll not use staff template in principle.

sweet thank you :smiley:

I announced that I’ll release Hotfix 4 this week… however I decided to fix all Necro / Druid summons which is 720 files that need to be modified by hand and as you can probably guess, it’s going to take alot of time to complete.

Therefore I’ll release a proper update instead, which will address said pets together with Barbarian / Paladin melee skills that were underperforming (namely: Charge, Vengeance, Sacrifice, Bash, Concentration, Double Swing, Frenzy, Berseker). Whirlwind is also coming back.

Last but not least: 3 new maps will be included in the update (Rocky Waste + Stony Field Level 1,2) and as always, many minor fixes.

Keep tuned for Reign Of Terror 0.1.2. which should be released next week.

Very exciting, will checkout whirlwind!
Please also look into druid melee skills. In D2, feral rage behaves more like a lifesteal/ms buff. It seems the lifesteal component of the skill in this mod simply does not work on other attacks, the duration is also a bit too short.