[Mod] Reign of Terror

I am close to finishing Act 5 - part 1 (which is more than 60% of the whole act). Just 2 more maps left to make so I aim for late June release.

I just can not stop playing this mod. I now have the 4 char on lvl 90.

Unfortunately, I need for the UberBosse 30-40 minutes or 1 hour and 20 minutes. Especially when it comes to animal, it takes time. :frowning:

I think physical dmg and retalition is not a god option ? ? Sorc is fragile :smiley: Oatkeeper and Inqui = Original Grim Dawn Paladin god tanky. The DPS is okay full Physical, i think is the problem. Santuary Warrior Sam Problem. Phys/Bleed and Retalition Dmg 1 hour Press Button G18 tzzzztzzzztzzzztzzz :smiley: :smiley: on fight DPS 168k .

Any Idee for me ? Pls tell me on Steam [eG] Flafnir

@Ram thank you for this addiction :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

that is awesome to hear, canā€™t wait to play act 5

Just want to say thanks to Ram for this wonderful mod :smiley:
By the way, I found these remastered cinematics of Diablo IIā€™s Acts; might be of some use to the mod.

Anyway, more power to you and your work!

Thanks for the heads up. I contacted the creator so hopefully heā€™ll respond and allow me to use them in RoT.

WOW, the quality of the videos, are good. I do hope you get permission to use them.

Fingers crossed. but I wonder how big they will be? as they will probably add a bit to the total download size.

Congrats, youā€™ve made the news! :smiley:

1 Like

Congratulation on the news.I didnā€™t start this mod yet as i am busy with grimmilion.Will start this mod when i have time as rl hectic :D.I may even wait for the full release before i tackle this with my brother :slight_smile:

That is awesome news, Well done Ram!

Congratulations !
Itā€™s great to have more players aware of your mod ;).

I find a missing thing that can help u, harem lvl1/2 and palace from act2, donā€™t have music.

Thanks, however too much publicity can hurt this mod and people were able to find their way here even without news headlines.

Cannot reproduce in the latest version. Music sometimes stops playing but that does not apply to specific areas rather than all of them in general (easily fixed by visiting area with different music track).

Hey there guys.

First of all - thank you Ram for an amazing mod. Iā€™m a huge D2 fan, but it is very outdated and playing it in the world where PoE and Grim Dawn exists is a chore, so it is great that now we have this)

Iā€™m not a huge Grim Dawn fan (more of a PoE guy myself) so maybe Iā€™m missing something, but how are spellcasters supposed to survive in this mod? I mean my Barbarian/Paladin combo has ridiculous damage, leech and still when Iā€™m fighting a big pack I can just see my HP bar jumping to half and back couple times a second. And spellcasters have no leech and their damage (at least in my experience with Sorceress) is kinda underwhelming compared to Amazon/Paladin or Barb/Paladin combos.

Just as a note - Iā€™ve only played D2 classes in Reign of Terror, kinda seems counter-intuitive to play Grim Dawn classes in D2 remake)

Melee builds are currently way stronger compared to casters due to life leech and %weapon damage skills. All of this will be addressed after Act 5 is complete.

Thanks for clearing that up mate. Quick question, (which Iā€™m pretty sure was answered a 100 times, but it is not in the FAQ and reading through 248 pages is hard) - are non Diablo 2 resists (like Vitality, Pierce, Bleed etc.) needed for a player in Reign of Terror and do monsters/bosses have resists to them? Also - will Grim Dawn classes remain in the mod or are you planning to cut them out for more D2 experience?

Majority (approx. 98%) of enemies use these dmg types:

• physical, elemental, poison, magic, pierce, bleed

There are few exceptions:

• Custom Uber bosses (all GD dmg types)
  • Countess (Vitality, Chaos but I will rework her to stay true to D2 version).

And in terms of enemy resists, all of them are used to prevent GD classes from having advantage over D2 classes.

GD classes / items are going to be removed once Act 5 is done but I will also keep RoT with GD stuff as a legacy version for people who prefer playing it this way.

1 Like

That is amazing (the removal part). Canā€™t wait for the next release.

Last time I played I remember being able to remove the Rogue Mercenary augment from my medal so I could reuse it. Now the only option available is the Remove button which actually destroys it.

Is this right or am I missing something?

Mercenaries were changed from item components to augments and those can only be destroyed or overwritten by another augment. Mercenary cost was greatly reduced as a compensation.

After the rogue where is the next one found?

Thanks.

Edit- Found the seller, Greiz in Lut Gholein.