[Mod] Reign of Terror

You would have to ask somewhere else about mod translation as I have limited knowledge in that area.

With regards to mod compiling (.arc), if you read the official or Elfe’s modding guide then it should be pretty clear on how to do that. Brief summary below.

Asset Manager -> select mod

Sources tab -> r. click on file -> Auto-Create Asset (1x per file, once asset is created, you don’t need to do this step it anymore)
Assets tab -> r. click on file -> Build (repeat this step after every change to the source file)
Database tab -> r. click on file -> Build (repeat after every change to .dbr file)

Ok thanks.
I’ll try. but often he tells me that I can’t create an asset with the file.

Hey guys a noob question… how do you get devotions?

I’m still at the beginning and finished the abandoned tower of black marsh killing the boss and realized i had already unlocked three devotion points, i checked if it was for taking certain shrine but i don’t think…

Perhaps completing certain quests or killing certain monsters?

There’s no noob questions just a noob answer :stuck_out_tongue:.Jokes aside after quest you get devo points idk if there’s other ways

In RoT you get Devotion as quest rewards. It makes quest completion way more rewarding and interesting than in normal GD, in my opnion.

1 Like

Ok, thanks guys for the “noob answer” on my noob question :laughing:

Necromancer Iron Golem - every time I try to summon the Iron Golem, the screen automatically turns black, and I end up having to restart the game. Blood Golem works fine though, as well as clay.

Cannot reproduce this issue, make sure to use the latest GD FG 1.1.4.2 version and RoT 0.6.1.0.

If you already have these then you can try different in-game video settings.

Congractuations for the awsome job, sir. That’s really incredible!

@suggetion: could you make guided arrow for Zons dont be target locked? In d2 it wasnt and feels great to shot the wind and see the arrows following the mobs xD

Everything that is not working the same way as D2 is due to engine / template limitation. Guided Arrow has target lock because the only usable homing projectile skill template is designed that way for GD. If I removed target lock then it would no longer be “Guided”, but just a regular ranged projectile skill.

Thank you for replying.

I have tried putting the video settings on default, as well as lowering the resolution to the very lowest, however, I still have the same issue. All the files are up to date. I will keep trying.

Hi Just wondering if anyone else has this problem, i tried to reinstall everything and I’m still missing shared stash. I also tried creating a new character. ROT is the only Mod i have and language is English.

“Hello, thank you for your hard work, I love the mod!!!
Quick question, I had to install the mod from scratch and additionally I installed the newest update. Before, I had additional button in the stash that enabled me to qo into a shared stash and transfer items between the characters, this button is now gone. Did I do something wrong or did you remove that option from the game?”

You need the latest GD Forgotten Gods and RoT 0.6.1.0 because older versions (GD Vanilla + RoT 0.2.0, GD AoM + RoT 0.4.2) are no longer updated / supported.

I don’t know how to survive playing Amazon. I’m lvl 15 and I got ambushed in Inner Cloister. At lvl 15 you don’t have much components to increase resistances besides mana issues are heavy. Because we don’t have access to Ectoplasma components at that level. Try my character (attached) and see for yourself. I tried finding a better weapon but to no avail. Bows drops are very rare in early levels at least. Any advice?

Got to Catacombs lvl 1 and my God ! Oneshot by Death Sludge the Hunter boss there… the mod difficutly is nuts. Besides another problem - I don’t feel that I get stronger with levels. I pump the points into my skill but monsters are higher lvl now and have even more HP and damage :frowning:

Catacombs lvl 2… unplayable. 25 times died in 2 minutes…

_RoTChar.zip (78.5 KB)

Try maxing Exploding Arrow first to get larger AoE (really helps with clear speed) and check vendors for better bow because the one you currently have is really weak. RoT is supposed to be difficult so there is nothing wrong with dying and learning from it.

I keep checking vendors (both of them in Act I) every time i teleport to town or start a new game still - 0 (zero) upgrades :frowning: You definetly should make bow drop a bit higher. Because now I have tons of daggers but no yellow bow dropped.

I’m not against difficulty but there should be ways to overcome it like wisely using components or gear. But at such low levels we don’t have access to good gear with good resistances and no good components. Now I feel monsters damage is like they suppose we have 60%+ resistances but we don’t. For example those monsters dealing lightning damage I have about 32% lightning res and still they hit like a truck. Lightning heroes almost oneshot me. You see for yourself just load my save and go to Catacombs lvl 2.

I am gonna roll Assassin now because dagger drop is much higher. I think it must be easier to gear him up.

PS: Let’s see if you still think the same after experiencing Act 4 for the first time :smiley:

Well, I just killed Baal normal… I realize it is not 1:1, but man you and the folks who helped out really deserve so much praise for this. :100:
Amazing work! Hope to see more from you in the future :smile:

Little bug
When using the portal icon on the bar it turns red.

And I wanted to say that frankly your work is really fabulous, it’s amazing. We translated grim dawn from the beginning because we thought it was a game with potential, and we were right. Respet.

If someone have a good RoT starter build please share it . At least describe it in a nutshell (skills, gearing) thanks!

I always find that summoners have a greater survivability in most ARPG. In my first playthrough of RoT I choose the Classic Necromancer. All points in to skelletons and Golen. Than I choose the GD Necromancer for more skellies and more gollens. You can mix some curses and aura buffs from both classes.