[Mod] Reign of Terror

I’ve been playing Grim Dawn off and on for the past 5 years or so, and I have no idea why or how (maybe cuz I don’t come to forums often?) but I literally just found out about this mod a few days ago. To everyone involved in its creation: THANK YOU!!! I have wanted a new version of D2 for so long as I’m sure many people have and this… this hits the spot. Y’all are doing God’s work here. I’m 34 years old, been a Diablo fan for over half of my life, and playing this has brought me back to the glory days.

I’m only on Act 2 at the moment with my frozen orb sorc, can’t wait to see the rest. Keep up the awesome work!

EDIT: I wanted to add that I honestly believe this is better than any shallow D2 remake that modern day Blizzard could ever come up with.

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words. D2 nostalgy paired with D3 fiasco is the reason why I decided to make my own “modern remake”. GD tools were perfect fit for this due to having so many similarities with D2.

The reason why you haven’t heard of this project before is probably due to the fact that I was trying to keep this mod hidden from public (outside of GD modding section) since day 1, for obvious reasons.

Let’s hope you will enjoy the rest of the mod as well.

1 Like

What was your build? My Classic Necro/Druid fought an Uber on Hell difficulty and it only took 5-6 minutes.

With 700 000 000 hp (for uber duriel), it means your build does about 2 000 000 dps ? Really ?
It took me 5min when it was the 0.2-0.4 version of Rot (dont remember exactly).

That was like maybe 8-9 months ago? Currently in Act 4 Nightmare so should be in Hell in a few days. Also, remember that Classic Necromancer has OP debuff with Amplify Damage having Weaken, Decrepify and Lower Resist as passives. And that wasn’t even with good devotions, I pretty much took any devotion node that gave pet bonuses (pretty sure I did have Flame Torrent linked to the Skeleton Warriors since at the time, Flame Torrent didn’t have a cooldown so multiple pets could proc it at the same time.

There are builds that can melt ubers in seconds (some of them are posted on RoT Discord in build section). Sono is currently working on nerfing stats / items that are responsible for this because various D2 stats don’t translate well into GD due to different mechanics resulting in super OP combinations.

Ideally, we would like to get a baseline where good builds with endgame gear would be able to take ubers down in matter of 1-2 minutes, but definitely not 5-8 seconds as it is now.

Can we please get a recipe or some option to remove the proc from the Hellfire Torch Relic?

Any particular reason why?

I just dislike having a damage proc as a summoner (plus since I’m gonna end up having over 20 permanent minions unless the scaling is adjusted or I keep my skeleton skills around 32/20, gonna end up with a lot of crap flying all over on my screen).

Just standing in the Pandemonium Fortress in Act 4:16 skeleton minions, Oak Sage with both passives and a merc and I’m sitting at just 78-80FPS.

Any chance at shortening the aggro range on Hephasto in River of Flame? Twice now he’s been aggroed and I ended up killing him BEFORE the quest updated and I had to restart and kill a second time just for the update.

What is probably the highest level attained by the time Baal is killed on Hell difficulty (since Ram has stated they want to preserve even the crap leveling of Diablo 2 where I was only lvl84 when I killed Baal on Hell difficulty)? I’m already looking at possibly lvl74-78 by the time I kill Baal on Nightmare (haven’t even completed the first quest in Act 5 Nightmare and I’m already almost lvl70).

Hotfix 0.6.1.4 released.

Download:

ReignOfTerror_v0.6.1.4.7z (306 MB) Google Drive
ReignOfTerror_v0.6.1.4.7z (306 MB) MEGA

Installation:

• Place downloaded “ReignOfTerror” folder (located in ReignOfTerror_v0.6.1.4.7z) into your Grim Dawn/mods folder and overwrite all files

Notes:

• Previously posted 0.6.1.4 version had a bug preventing general vendors to show any goods so you need to re-download and apply this version instead
  • Hotfix 0.6.1.4 is compatible only with Forgotten Gods expansion and Reign of Terror version 0.6.1.0+
  • Hotfix 0.6.1.4 includes/replaces 0.6.1.1, 0.6.1.2 and 0.6.1.3

Changelog

Reign Of Terror 0.6.1.4 Changelog (Google Docs)

2 Likes

I really love this mod. If i can suggest something: can you increase range of druid’s hurricane to be scaling with rank? Like 8m + 0.1m per skill level? And you can decrease duration of it.
I can’t remember now, but lightning damage would be nice also in hurricane (maybe instead of physical damage?).

Range scaling on Hurricane can be done. Lightning dmg might be added as well in order to unify it with other “wind” spells.

1. It seems Lightning Strike and Lightning Fury depend on cast speed, not attack speed. Is that intentional or a bug?
  2. I suggest a shop selling potion in ACT 1, because some characters have no idea on Andareil, at the very beginning of the game. You know we can buy antitoxic potion in D2.
  3. Barbarian skill Leap Attack should be a circle icon.
  4. Bows are recgonized as Dagger/Scepter in the loot filter. Why not add bows to 2h ranged weapons?
  1. Skill template / animation used for these skills scale with cast speed so it is not a bug.
  2. Good point, potion vendor is going to be added to Rogue Encampment in the next update.
  3. Thx, fixed.
  4. There is only limited amount of animation slots / sets that can be used in GD and 2h ranged weapon animations are already taken by crossbows and 2h guns.
    If Bows would use the same weapon template as these two then all of said weapons would share the same animation set. RoT bows use TQ “staff” weapon template which is not used in GD so that’s the reason why they do not show correctly in loot filter.

Many thanks for your very detailed and patient explanation. :blush:

Whenever the GD content axing happens the 1h guns animation set could potentially be freed up for something else.

[/quote]
Whenever the GD content axing happens the 1h guns animation set could potentially be freed up for something else.
[/quote]

Maybe… javelin? One-handed and ranged.

Would it be possible to slow down the travel speed of the orb from Frozen Orb to bring it more in line with D2 FO? The way it is now it seems more like D3 FO which was definitely a worse iteration of the skill IMO. It travels so fast it seems like it doesn’t fire off any shards of ice until the orb actually hits or passes through something.

Not complaining or anything but would love if it was like old school Frozen Orb!

Existing FO implementation works this way, no matter how fast the projectile travels. There is no skill template that would allow casting extra projectiles while the main skill travels so it is implemented as AoE proc on hit (= no benefit against single target).

1 Like