[Mod] Reign of Terror

I have issues with the GD mod RoT and the use of waypoints, i cant use any waypoints and i have tried on Another character same issue, when i use a waypoint it looks all messed up, is this a known bugg in this mod or?

Others reported this issue and the cause was usually one of the following:

• incorrectly extracted mod files
  • incomplete download via RoT Launcher
  • use of 3rd party tools / translations

What method have you used to install the mod and are you using any tools / localizations?

Thanks for your suggestions however I already had downloaded the entire standalone and had the issue well fixed prior to your comment. Thank you though. Also I mentioned that in the posting. @Ramā€™s instructions were clear.

What is up with the balancing in this mod? It seems way, way off. Iā€™m currently a level 20 druid and the damage the skills do seems to be really low for how much damage/health the enemies have.

Any chance of a hint of the whereabouts of the secret bosses in hell?

Found the ones in Dark Wood, Black Marsh, Swampy Pit L2 & Frozen River.

Balancing has just started so there is a still a lot of work ahead of us before it gets where we want it to be. You havenā€™t mentioned the difficulty you are playing on but if it is Normal+ (Veteran) then you can try Normal diff because there is no real benefit in playing Normal+ apart from extra challenge and slightly more xp (which in the end might be even less xp due to slower clearing speed).

A1-A4 hidden uber locations can be found on the fan-made RoT Wiki.

New official RoT Wiki is currently in works and will contain all A1-A5 uber locations and also ubers that are planned to be released in the following weeks.

Sorry, whats the link to the old fan made one? The one on the front page doesnā€™t seem to work?

Just tested, works without any issues.

https://gd-doc-sky.herokuapp.com/map/ubers.html#baal-diablo-mephisto

Ok, came back to give some feedback. I am lvl 14 now and switched to normal. While at first i preferred normal+ it is indeed also a bit too slow for me. And i know normal is intended to guiding players into the game, but it could be a little more challenging. Trash mobs should do at least a bit more damage when youā€™re getting swamped. The elites seem better though. But if you make normal too easy, the need to get upgrades or equip components/gems is gone, which takes some fun out of the game as upgrading is a big part of it.

I havenā€™t played as much as i would like, but iā€™m having a lot of fun though! Good job on the dungeons.
I see youā€™ve been working on this mod for many years. When do you expect to finish it completely? (more or less, i know itā€™s hard to predict). Are you still planning to take all GD items out of it?

I know where your coming from.I am not sure if your familiar with D2 medianxl mod.It are most prob the hardest d2 mod there is.Pity they took out the players x 8 setting :s but it makes sense as you have level requirements for events to unlock skills.
I think Ram did a hell of a job with this moda dn sad he doesnā€™t get paid for this.Only thing i would change are mobs density.Reason why i play Grimmilion and dom are for the fact you canā€™t just run in and face tank you will get slaughtered.I like to think how to play and work out strategies to not get swarmed.
Ram and co are still busy with balancing.I donā€™t mind if we get little less xp with a little more mobs that do some damage tbh.

All in All itā€™s still a great mod.

Pierre, players 8 was a curse for median many years and made it impossible to balance and make bug free. Itā€™s great if a mod supports it, but it limits the ranges of hit-points and damage you can do to still be viable and creates all kinds of bugs. And nobody is playing your mod how you want it, and why it is often disabled. Itā€™s as much a cheat to get the best items as much as it is for people who want more challenge (particularly in early leveling).

I like /players 8 as well, especially in Eastern Sun, but just stating thatā€™s probably why Median no longer has it.

If you are talking about balanced base D2 content then that can be done in few months from now. But it heavily depends on availability of other RoT dev team members who are responsible for balancing and QoL improvements (sonophilos and Roth).
FluffyUnicorn and myself started working about a week ago on new content expansion that will probably blow some peopleā€™s minds but I am not going to say more as this is supposed to be a surprise.

1 Like

Just finished normal+, awesome maps man, well done, loved that i got lost sometimes and cleared crazy big maps XD. Druid/Sorceress, hydra and fissure + shields, did well melting with burn.

D1/D3 campaign? :thinking:

Also, hype!

Nope, that would be lameā€¦ This will be something much more interesting.

1 Like

I am also wondering about this, I have never played D2 and thought that this would be a great way to experience it.
Iā€™m not super fond of GD (Thematically and it seems a bit too obtuse) Am I barking up the wrong tree here? any thoughts suggestions would be awesome!

GD items / classes will be removed after 1.0 release and new ā€œD2-likeā€ gear will be created instead.

4 Likes

Thanks for the quick response. Would you suggest waiting for 1.0 release to someone new to D2?

The mod already is D2-content complete and the overall experience most likely wonā€™t differ significantly in the future, only improve where it is currently lacking and that is balancing.

1.0 release is still far away from now so it is up to you if you are willing to wait.

@Ram
First of all, Iā€™d like to give you a huge thanks for creating this mod. I was a D2 fans since 2005 and seeing this game ā€œremasteredā€ on GD is a blast for me.

Iā€™ve been following the news so far and heard that youā€™re planning to remove GD classes and items in ver 1.0. I totally agree. Playing D2 with GD items does take away the experience a little bit. Still, I have a few questions:

1. By removing GD items, does that mean you will also remove Relic items?

2. Will Devotion system stay? Or will it be removed? I understand it is a GD system but personally I think it makes the character progression more interesting.