[Mod] Reign of Terror

Amazing work man, love this so much.

Sorry if this has been asked already, couldn’t find it, but is there a reason the level 90 armor augments from AoM/FG are not in-game, apart from the 7% all elemental resists Coven augment that occasionally pops in Act 5/6 Magic Item shops?

Is this a balance choice or oversight/bug?

All GD augments were supposed to be available in the mod so if this is not the case then it is a bug and needs to get fixed.

Thank you for the report.

No worries, its the Coven Warding Powder that is the only lvl 90 armor augment to occasionally spawn, rest missing.

@Ram; Is there a way to make the RoT Launcher check for existing files? I had already had the files installed and it wanted to download the whole archive and replace the files I had. Really messed up the install so I just got done redownloading the standalone. Just wondering.
Thanks.

Launcher already has this feature but the base RoT version has to be 0.6.1.5 or higher to prevent it from downloading everything so it all depends on what version were you trying to update.

Standalone links have been added for users who are having issues with the launcher. Server is located in Europe so users outside of Europe are experiencing very slow download speed and hence they should download the standalone version from google drive and use the launcher only for syncing files once a new update is released.

I had prior 0.6.1.5 and the 0.6.1.5b installed, Due to wanting to try out your launcher and once it realized where I had the game installed it didn’t even recognize the files already there and instead tried to download all of them anyway, I let it run for like 16 hours … Took forever and still didn’t have half the bar filled so I just canceled it and went to play only to find problems had occured, Missing textures, waypoints not working etc.

So I have redownloaded the entire archive like I mentioned.

But you say it checks already? Hmm… I dunno, I had already had everything there but the Launcher was downloading and replacing the files all of them. Literally made me cry, I was going to ignore it and never mention it but, I love this mod of yours so I couldn’t stay silent. Maybe I had a random encounter issue? Probably didn’t have the Hotfix and thought I did or maybe I was on the version prior.
I could have sworn I had it up to date though … Anyway, Thanks for the reply!

My experience was it didn’t see the install initially but then saw it after it did it’s own install and updates properly. No problem since. You still have the problem because it would never finish for you in time for your next plan session. My download was quite fast, 3.5 megabytes per second. I live in Utah in the US, very far away from EU. From my experience anyway, that isn’t complete since I haven’t tried it again, it seems to only detect a proper install if it did it how it wants and it did the install for you…

You probably have faster internet than me. My speed is 6.0 mpbs period lol…

1 Like

Yes, the base connection here through DSL is 10 mbps. I have cable internet (called that based on cable TV), it’s base is around 25 or higher, so it is much faster than many people have.

I’ve seen my download speed as much as 3x what this mod could download from the launcher.

Hey guys i had to create and account and post i just had to. Your mod is just so totally mindblowingly good! I we been playing my barbarian soldier like crazy its like diablo 2 but soooo much better! Cant believe how you could pull this off. its by far the best mod i’we ever played hands down. Thank you so much for making this. It was is currently too easy though.even hell was a walk in the park after i learned how to utilize stun, %health reduction and devotions correctly. I cant wait for update . Is there any way i could make this harder? Do you have any release date on next update?

I found halls of the dead and skipped it to find the dry hills waypoint and now that I went back to where its located the entrance isn’t clickable. Wtf?

Couple weeks. Cannot give you anything specific because half of the dev team is busy with RL and cannot work on the mod as much as they’d like so the progress is taking longer. However, me and Fluffy started working on something really cool so stay tuned.

Majority of dungeons in RoT have multiple entrances and only 1 spawns each game session so keep looking for the active one.

Download the stand alone version.Extract it and copy it into mods folder . make sure it’s \mods\ReignOfTerror and not \mods\ReignOfTerror\another folder as that will prevent the launcher to detect it.
If launcher setup correctly it would pick up the rot version and it will install update from there.

is it possible to respec class selection with a third party tool or something?

and is amplify damage tied with lower resist? i don’t see lower resist in the spells i can put on the bar

GD Stash is what you are looking for.

Don’t use GD Defiler as it can delete character’s waypoints after editing.

Skills with round icon are modifiers to the base skill (square icon).

where do you buy mercenaries? i went to greiz and asheara and they weren’t offering anything

You have to “deplete” their dialogs to get the selection.

where is the way to get to the cow level? i have the key and killed baal but its not a cube option so im not sure where to find it

Cow level is available at level 1 and the only requirement is having “Mysterious Key” from the goblin. There’s a trapdoor in Rogue Encampment’s house that leads to a underground level where you can find the Horadric Device which opens portals to Pandemonium Event and The Secret Cow Level.