[Mod] Reign of Terror

OK I voted for removing all GD features. While I do like their inclusion here I think I would like it without them more. I got this mod because I actually thought it was going to be like that already. The biggest impact are the devotions I feel like, and technically that’s optional as you’re not forced to spend devotion points.

Can’t wait to see where this thing goes. I do like the idea I see floating around of having two versions of the mod, one with GD stuff and one without. Not sure how feasible that is so I think I would opt for a version that’s as close to D2 as possible.

1 Like

technically the GD masteries are also optional, so the only thing that would probably not be optional is the GD item drops

Possible bug report?
https://gyazo.com/f4651e154e41649ac2a25bbfb1761939

Trang-Ouls set has wizard bonuses rather than necro bonuses. Is this intended? If so, why?

the original trang set gave those skills so its intended

2 Likes

Been way too many years to remember this! Thanks for the info.

Yes it is. Trang Oul designed as necro+sorc set

Hi RAM
please after patch 1.1.6 on original game I and some friends have problem with ROT mod - button that puts compnentes together
please can you check and fix

thanks

The button is no longer there since components no longer drop as partials. Only complete components will drop now.

Hotfix will be released tomorrow.

2 Likes

Is there a bug advice thread related to this mod by any chance? I’m blocked at a certain point in act 1 and can’t continue the main story.

Edit: Fixed my poor grammar

Is there any reason you created Call to Arms with a castable Battle Cry instead of Battle Orders? Also you chose to forgo the +1-6 to Battle Command and Battle Orders, and +2-4 to Battle Cry. o_O

edit: just for quick reference http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords-110.shtml

hi modding team.

uhm…where is the poll located???hahaha…

personally im not into removing the GD items tho, but this is still with the decision of the modding and ram itself. but i think its the best twist ive seen so far. you get to have GD items, skills, character classes together with d2 items, skills and classes…for me, this is more how i like it tho.

hmmm…i like the mod on how it is now…and if ever there will be updates id suggest integrating both D2 and GD items and monsters just to make the game more versatile that goes with character class and item builds…and hopefully as the game progresses its gonna be more difficult tho…

KUDOS to modding team!!

edit:

i found the poll hahaha…ohh my…theres alot of people who wanted to remove the GD items…hahahaha

and why is that? please…huhuhu

Honestly, it’s probably because people like me who want a true Diablo 2 Remaster and that honestly takes away from feeling like it.

This is why there is a poll to see how many people stand on the same footing and see if it would be worth it for the sake of the project to update like that moving forward, Honestly. I don’t care truly how it goes, as long as it is still playable and updated at regular cycles like the main game so I can continue to play for years. :smiley:

1 Like

ahahaha…i do understand…ive been a fan of diablo game as well…although we all have different preferences…but whats important is WE GET TO ENJOY THE MOD ITSELF!!!

Hope you realize that if the current ACTIVISION-Blizzard were to “remaster Diablo 2”, it’d probably turn out worse then Warcraft 3 Reforged.

Closest you will most prob get are the guy busy recreating D2 on the starcraft 2 engine.I love mods but they are not 1-1 conversions.Stuff gets added/remove regularly.This is still a great mod and i enjoy it with the limited amount of time i have.

Official Reign of Terror Wikipedia, created by the newest RoT team member @Uncensored has been launched.

Below is a copy of his original post from our Discord.

"This is just the beginning of a long list of items I have planned for this website and the community. It is far from complete, but complete enough that I feel ready to open it for public use. You’ll notice some things don’t have links just yet, those items are coming and did not make the deadline I set myself.

This has been a MASSIVE undertaking. This Mod has a metric ton of information and compiling it all into one place will take time. But I will be working on it for the foreseeable future.

In the next coming weeks I have a lot planned for the site. (Gear Database, Classes and Skills, Build Guides / Uploader 2.0, the entire quest-line start to finish, user editing, and more).

I am so thankful and happy to be part of such a great community of like minded gamers. This is my way of saying “Thank You”.

If you see any errors, or want to add anything in any way. Please, message me here, or through my e-mail.
If you would like to contribute a page or article, again message or e-mail me.
Please note, the site is not optimized for mobile, that will come shortly.

I want to make this website the best it can possibly be, and the only way that will happen is with help from you guys, The Community.

Thank You for all the support through this project. I look forward to continuing to improve this site for everyone.

Uncensored"

3 Likes

Love this MOD been playing a few days now. And I await the update to fix the sorting of components.

As for people wanting the pur Diablo 2 experience… I hope you offer a choice, I rather like the merging of Grim Dawn classes and itemizations. If I want pure D2, I just play the 4:3 ratio low-rez version.

Been looking over some of the available pages, RoT is actually getting something similar to GrimTools? Be a lot easier then trying to search through the lists in the Horadric Cube and sites with D2 gar to get an approximation.

Yes, I realized when WC3-Reforged came out at the terrible reviews and the negative scoring some review sites gave it. But I still stand by my original comment, This is as good as it gets. :smiley: