[Mod] Reign of Terror

Ram, Thank thou so much for this Mod, it’s wonderful!

Same problem with Rot Launcher for me. Maybe it re-work still unfinished?

And yet the question: why a barbarian can’t to wear two two-handed weapons like in Diablo 2?

I have contacted @Roth (creator of RoT Launcher) but haven’t got any reply yet. I will inform you as soon as I know what exactly is happening with the Launcher.

And regarding Barb, there is no easy way of adding this because GD doesn’t allow 2h dw by default. And the only workaround known till now would require significant amount of time to add. I.e. making new 1h crafting recipe for every single 2h Unique / RW / Set weapon with increased Strength requirement (5000+) and then add a new Barb-only passive that would reduce Str requirement on weapons to the point where they would be the only class able to equip them.

I am telling you right away that it hasn’t been on RoT to do list because of sheer amount of work and overall complications with balancing which adding this would bring. But who knows… never say never.

1 Like

The PoI is there on the right side of the pier with no boat, the boat is on the left side of the pier. This not important just disturbing.

Hey guys! Im not sure if i’ we missed it but have you posted some specific changelog on upcoming patches? Other than balancing and gd stuff removal in general. Like what changes can we expect, how gear and or skills/classes are going to change? I’d love to know what you have planned for us in the future.

General information on what’s to come has been summarized in the first post under “Features” section and all of the existing changes are listed in “Changelog.txt” that can be found in “ReignOfTerror” mod folder. That’s all we can provide.

Important notice:

RoT Launcher link has been removed due to technical issues until further notice.

Don’t try to use the Launcher as it is currently not even possible. You can play the mod normally like you would do without it (i.e. via Steam / gog / GrimDawn.exe). Mod will be distributed only through standalone links for the time being.

Thank you all for understanding and I would like to apologize for the inconvenience.

2 Likes

A little offtop:
Dear Ram, aren’t you ever planning/want maybe, to make a Mod for Grim Dawn in the future by the game Sacred 1? One of the coolest aRPG games like and Diablo.

I actually still play sacred 1.It’s really and unappreciated game tbh.It would be wicked if someone can doa mod for it on grim dawn engine but it would take a lot of work.

Ram i personally prefer the standalone version of RoT over the launcher.I never had a problem when updating as your instructions are always correct.

I have almost no time to work on RoT due to working on a new project (our own indie game) since July 2019 so there is absolutely no room for starting another GD mod (or any other project) for that matter.

1 Like

Good Luck on your Project.You got a fan of it already :blush:

1 Like

Thank you, it is still very early in development but if you like my work on RoT then you won’t be disappointed, I will personally make sure of that. Another good thing is that we are not bound to anyone and can develop it for as long as the game needs so don’t expect another “early access alpha testing for 30-60 USD/EUR”, which sadly seems to be the standard for many games lately.

1 Like

I am sure that everything shall be fine and everything will work out. Cheer up, always be confident in yerself. There is a Russian proverb: 'Patience and work, all shall grind" / “Diligence is the mother of success.”

I don’t mind early access.It’s not bad but it can also not be good.A good example is Wolcen Lord of Mayhem.I love the game but it was how long in early access?maybe 4y or so can’t remember when it got released it was full of bugs.Now we have to download 4gb patches every week just to get it fixed.

But if you build your game the same way you built RoT then it’s clear sailing.Personally i think RoT is the best mod visually as it had to take months even years to remake it in grim dawn.If you could do this with Small modding tools then i can’t wait for your games release.

PS:my friend actually gave me he’s coding books a few months ago just never got around to it.May do it in my spare time :D.

Wolcen is a bad example of early access. Generally people use EA as a way to gain feedback from the community to improve a product while it’s still in production. Wolcen… ignored all feedback during that period and didn’t provide the most up to date version of their game to the EA players… people who bought into the wolcen EA had been playing a different game than the one the devs were working on. It’s a terrible way to do EA and should be seen as an example of how to kill your own reputation.

2 Likes

How are people playing this? Single class only? Mixing D2 and GD classes?

I am just curious. I’ve been focusing on one D2 mastery at a time.

I really enjoy the barb or assassin crossed with the nightblade, frenzy barb is insanely fast and hits like a truck. it’s nice to have the wps for a bit more area damage.

I’ve got some D2+GD combos, like Necro/Necro and Druid/Shaman, as well as dual D2 combos, like Amazon/Necro (aka Blood Raven) and Sorceress/Paladin. I’ve got quite a few others rolling around in my head, but I want to get some more time in on these first.

@Wanderer
Ooo, Barb/Nightblade, eh? That sounds kind of sexy. I’m gonna write that one down. :wink:

I also like to play the standard GD builds, so I can try my strength in both Sanctuary and Cairn

great site ! thanks for your Work !
keep it up

Is there a way to respec your 2nd class choice? Like using GDStash?

Starting a 2nd char so early is kinda too much atm :open_mouth:

Playing Barb/C.Necro for the curses, but I think another 2nd class would be better to ramp up attack rating.

Remark in act V inside infernal pit when we open a town portal it does not appear in the waypoint map.