[Mod] Reign of Terror

We are continually looking at Hidden Ubers and Ubers. We are always taking feedback on how to make these better. So Constructive feedback is welcome.

I had added mana leech resist to some upcoming items and sets. Just So you know.

Just note that we do not want any build to be able to sit and facetank them. We want you to be moving and not just holding down left click mashing buttons :rofl:

Sweet!

Agreed. The painful ground is doing a pretty good job at that. Reducing availability of ADctH would also help - Iā€™ve gotten stuck in situations where I am suffering DoT and canā€™t afford to move (and thus stop smacking the baddie) because without the constant ADctH I die to the DoT within seconds :wink: I tried to get some serious Health Regen, but couldnā€™t get enough to make a difference vs the Hidden Ubers.

I havenā€™t actually played D2 (shame shame on me!) so take me with some salt. In D2 was there damage conversion and did the damage double dip on +% damage (as in Path of Exile)? I hadnā€™t considered converting all my damage TO physical with a sorceress to take advantage of the runeword +% physicalā€¦ hmmmā€¦

Youā€™ve already done a better job than I could have. Random in case they spark something:

• Summoned ranged attackers who build up (donā€™t expire) until eventually you have to take a moment to run around and clean them all up.
  • Well advertised ā€œbeamsā€ that shoot a line across the map wherever you were when it started charging 2 seconds before blast; firing every 5 seconds or so (this is done in many boss battles in ARPGs, the one I can think of off hand is the big spider in POE).

Thanks for the reply. Iā€™m excited for the next update. Going to go now and kill some more cows and look for a 6 socket axe :smiley:

RoT launcher is broken, and I canā€™t download it again either. Main issue:
ā€œACCOUNT SUSPENDEDā€. And itā€™s not my account thatā€™s for sure, I just made it to make this post! :slight_smile:

Could this be fixed, perhaps?

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

From the opening post

Agreed 100% about the 2h vs 1h argument. BotD for example, the +damage is not much higher on the 2h vs the 1h, plus youā€™re giving up an extra +1 all skills which is a huge boost. Sure, you need an extra Zod to dual wield, but in D2 the 2h was much stronger in a 1:1 comparison.

So I updated to newest RoT. And my old character broke, how do I fix this?

Helmet and gloves missing, and that medal slot there. Also I think I had illusions onā€¦ What happened?

It looks like you went into a none RoT game and lost all your Diablo gear.

The 2H vs 1H argument has begun to be touched upon for the new patch. So expect to see changes start rolling out for those.

1 Like

Awesome, I canā€™t wait for the next update!

Hey guys,

I think this is going to be one of those questions where the answer has been right in front of me the whole time but I canā€™t figure it out! On Reign of Terror mod how do you get aether crystals? I need them to craft ribbons and all I have at the moment half way in Act 2 normal is an Aether Cluster which I canā€™t seem to make into crystals unless I am missing something?

Cheers

It would help if you asked in the right place since this isnā€™t a bug with the game. Post moved to where you should have asked in the first place.

Aether Crystals are bought from ā€œGeneral Goodsā€ vendors such as Gheed, Elzix, etc.

I keep getting an error message when trying to unzip the standalone file that says ā€œThe archive is either in an unknown format or damagedā€. I have no problem with the 6.2.1.7 fileā€¦ Any help?

Use more recent Winrar version.

1 Like

New WinRAR version did the trickā€¦ And then 6 hours of my life just evaporated. This is incredible. Phenomenal work.

Use 7zip, it will work.

An up to date 7zip will work. I had the same problem until I downloaded the newest 7zip :slight_smile:

This mod is awesome and Iā€™ve had a ton of fun. Thinking of shifting back to vanilla for a bit unless a new version of RoT is imminentā€¦ any guesstimate on ETA of next update of D2 goodness?

No ETA at the moment. It will take couple more weeks at least.

Thanks for the info! Take care, enjoy yourselves, and we will all enjoy your work whenever it is ready!

Stupid question: Is there a means of ā€œupgradingā€ items? In D2, there were Horadric recipes for converting items from Normal to Exceptional to Elite equivalents. Is there something similar in RoT?