[Mod] Reign of Terror

Interesting idea re-creating Diablo 1 as Act 6.

I’ll ask ONCE more. Can you PLEASE either re-add +3 Summon Limit to Raise Skeleton on Mythical Trang-Oul’s 6 (set) or remove +3 Summon Limit to Skeletal Mages? A real PITA having both skills at the same level, yet having only 10 Raise Skeleton and 13 Skeletal Mages (also still asking for the max skeletons for each skill to be reduced to 8 for those of us NOT rocking an i9-11900K and RTX 3090).

Hmm. I have a 6 core AMD budget chip OC’d to 3.7 all core, an OC’d used gtx 1080 and I run it in 5k DSR downscaled to 1440p and I don’t really have performance issues in that way. Though the 35 minions or whatever I had (not joking) did cause stability issues with the game at times. However that may have been on my old AMD A10 4 core system, so not sure. But the minute I’d change classes no crashes, so I wouldn’t say the request is unreasonable. Just saying my hardware is far from optimal and framerates don’t suffer much and there’s plenty I could turn off, I have it cranked to the max and beyond.

EDIT: Grimmarillion is harder on the system and it can stutter, on Nihilistic difficulty that has a ton of monsters at once. Otherwise, that runs well too.

FINALLY!!!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

SWEEEEEET!!

Keep up the great work fellas!

Yea I play @ 4K DSR on a GTX 1080 myself…

It looks/runs fan.tastic.

Yes, I’ve noticed Grim Dawn textures, and particularly Titan Quest ones are quite dirty and low quality. My new way is 20% smoothness and than I’ve cranked sharpness up to 80% along with 100% noise removal. Things look really good is all I can say. :slight_smile:

Free one time only glorious chest in Cold Plains. Stuck spell in the air when he fought me:

You won’t trigger anything by going there. Shattered Conclave serves as a hub for the new end-game event which can be only activated after completing A6 campaign on Hell difficulty.

This change would pose some balance issues unless their dmg scaling gets increased accordingly. Will see if Birds is up for the task.

Projectiles occasionally get stuck like this but can’t be fixed in a mod as it happens in GD as well.

Man i wanted to wait for Version one but after reading the change log i can’t contain myself .I will most def start playing when i have time because of the long awaited act 6 :wink:

Thanks for that on the portal. Saw Fuzzy’s response and he deleted it.

just when i was about to be done with path of exile this drops and it looks bigger than expected, cant wait to play it looks great.

I’ll have a look if I can balance the damage among fewer pets but it won’t be make it into the hotfix I’m afraid. Regarding the modifier to Trang-Ouls, I don’t see an issue with having more mages, it just increases your damage. Why is that an issue? You basically want the bonus summons removed purely so it’s equal amount of summons…?

If anything, mages are superior as they can all attack, while the melee ones cannot always all attack a monster. Cannot add another modifier though, as the slots for modifiers are full on the set bonus.

Wow, congratulations for the new release!

I just deleted all my character in grim dawn and started a HC.

Now i will delete all my ROT char and make a new HC as well lol!

Thanks for the great works!

This mod just getting better and better; I particularly like the look of the new UI. Fantastic!
Many thanks to everyone who is involved in this project!

3 Likes

Now i’m 100 % sure i won’t buy d2r, no sense, i have everything i need here or medianxl. Thanks to everyone for many years of work, respect.

1 Like

Can someone email the file to me lol cant wait for download!!!

Last I checked, I cannot e-mail 1.9 GB files.

Clean install, high details and no textures on people and items. Any suggestion?

Congratulations on the new update. A lot of great work has been done, especially with new Act representing D1, new items, ingredients, and UI. Truly astonishing work!!!
Last time I played the mod was an yea and a half ago, so I gave it a go right after you released 0.7.0.0. To my greatest surprised, the difficulty has increased drastically. My pala lvl 70 can only step outside Rogue encampment on Hell difficulty. Monsters are so resistant/life-buffed, and this makes the gameplay way too different than the pleasurable, smooth thing I remember. I started a new character and up until the middle of Act 1 it is not too different - monsters die slowly, experience gains slowly, and I even use items I have collected with previous hero.
Why have you changed the gameplay so much? This is not even the original D2 level of slowness/effort. Is there a way to have it optional? I really want to play the mod, but with this difficulty it is not fun anymore.

@BANITA

I can tell you very quickly that’s a different problem than you get if you aren’t on high texture quality. Someone more familiar with other issues may be able to figure out what’s wrong.