[Mod] Reign of Terror

Screen

In normal gd campaign all ok. game 1.1.9.1 tried dx 11 and dx 9 no change.

Just a thought; did you install it correctly (in correct order)?

1 Like

Omg thank you im idiot :))))
I was too excited, and I was convinced it was standalone, sorry. :roll_eyes:

I donā€™t know, I kind of like that NPCā€™s new look. :wink:

11GB or more should be around the proper install size.

This change has been implemented couple versions back because previous ā€œeasy modeā€ campaign difficulty was never meant for RoT in the first place. It is still not that hard to be honestā€¦ if you know a thing or two about GD/RoT mechanics then you will be able to breeze through the content no problem, even SSF. The key is to use everything that the mod offers to your advantage. Things such as components / augments / Runewords / MIs / Crushing Blow / Resist reduction / Devotions and getting high Attack Rating. All of these make a huge difference.

0.7 standalone will be released after hotfixing all of the reported bugs in the current version.

2 Likes

if its too hard play on normal and not veteran.

Is anyone elseā€™s black mushroom quest broken?

This is most likely related to already having killed the demon and that you gave his brain to Pepin. This skips that part mushroom. Check your quest log for finished quests.

For those struggling with the difficulty in this mod, which is an attempt at a veteran experience, I recommend the base game of Grim Dawn. Itā€™s even easier than Grimarillion without extra difficulty and the game can be learned casually and is alot of fun. Many consider it a spiritual successor (sequel) to Diablo 2 and they arenā€™t satisfied with anything else.

Otherwise for this mod, the general idea is to cap several attack skills, most people would be able to do well with such a setup. And alot of skills have been buffed since the last patch and more build variety synergy exists than before, as well as an extra act that buffers difficulty to Nightmare and Hell. Personally, I consider this mod a piece of cake compared to vanilla D2 for various reasons, in particular Hell mode allows more build variety and it doesnā€™t break characters like D2 did.

AMEN. I prefer a game that is harder than easy. we have too many easy games.

The Gorefast pet from the Necromancerā€™s Trinket is not displaying the names of the skills, just ā€˜Tag not found: tagPetGoreFestSkillA01ā€™ and so on for each of its skills.

Thank you for the report, will be fixed in the upcoming hotfix.

Crashed twice tying to get through undergound tunnel to rescue Cain. Iā€™ll try a third timeā€¦

Tried multiple ways to give you the report but I canā€™t upload the file and it wonā€™t accept the text even after copying from notepad. So Iā€™m stumped thereā€¦

At the same spot or randomly?

Skanatov, I also find the new update too difficult for me. Iā€™m just starting on Nightmare mode so I reverted to 0.6.5.3 which makes for a more pleasant experience. The downside being that Iā€™ll never get to experience any future improvements.

Curious, as 0.6.5.3 is more difficult than the current version.

1 Like

Mate want run this mod on ancient pc. Two questions- its chance to make working ui on low texture settings,or simple way to back on normal gd ui if not?

I donā€™t find this mod "to hard"yes it can be unforgiving sometimes(i went to a boss and get 3 shot but it was my own stupidity.I got cornered by his creeps :grin:)But d2 was also unforgiving.I use to play median xl mod and it was way harder than the vanilla d2.

I donā€™t want a repeat of d3 where the only time i got a little challenged was on torment 2ā€¦Key is build 1 attack skill for early levels.Then focus on the rest of the build.I want to try a pet build i just donā€™t know how well pets scales in this modā€¦

Ram and team great work.I only dab into it a bit last night but will taking some time off to play some games :smiley:

the amazon impale(level 15) skill requires fend(level 32) to use. I also got a crash when entering the subterraian passage but it was after I died in the dark wood and entered the cave again to go back.

Hi all,

First of all, a giant congrats and thanks to the whole RoT team, the new patch is awesome.

Small question here: does attack rating impact spell hit chance ? I have started a sorceress, and fireballs seem to miss quite often. Is that just because monsters have spell evade chance, or should I be concerned by attack rating as a spell caster ?