[Mod] Reign of Terror

@thomzon The hydra starts as fire. I checked it myself in game. You need to select the cold modifier in order to affect it’s damage with cold mastery. I tried the other modifier and the fire version without a modifier, each time it would use another mastery. Cold did by far the most damage because I have cold mastery nearly maxed at level 50, that is, when I had the cold modifier.

If you have converted all cold to lightning, you need to use lightning mastery instead to make your build more uniform. But in that case, you could simply use the lightning version of the hydra…

Any damage modifier not directly integrated into the skill itself, boosts after conversion. So if you used Blizzard and it increased cold damage, that would still work with the lightning convert.

It functions fine as it does now. So no. Adding it to pet bonuses as well would make it twice as strong for pets, or it would need to be brought down again just so you have it on your tooltip for pets. Both options are not needed/wanted.

Yes this is normal, as lightning hydra is not a cold spell. Cold hydra is a cold spell. If you want to boost lightning hydra, pick lightning mastery. If you are able to convert it’s lightning damage to cold damage, with rainbow facets for example, lightning hydra will then get a bonus from cold mastery.

Golem bonuses will change because of the many questions surrounding these.

Original post by Fuzzy, it isn’t specific which D2 pets aren’t supported by the Golem passives:

I’ve been wanting to do a Golem build for quite some time now. I guess I’ll wait for these issues to be resolved.

golem would be nice if like project diablo 2 putting points into the mastery increased the number of golems.

I got a Potion of Clarity drop somewhere in Act 6. Grinding slowly in Hell difficulty, I’m wondering where it came from and if there’s a way to get more?

You get 1 from a quest reward per difficulty.

Thanks for all the replies to my ele damage questions, much clearer now.

About exp. reward I think you have to check the complete game. I have found in normal+ only 96 exp. killing the boss of the viper amulet for example.
About potion of clarity you can also farm it in the last act of GD vanilla then transfer it to ROT using GDStash but it probably be considered as cheating ?

Why would you bother when you could just make it in GDStash anyway? :woman_shrugging:

you can also clone any item with backups of the shared stash.

Becausz in that case it is really cheating

Single player game, play how you want to. That’s why the devs made it fully moddable so people could play how they wished.

I fully agree with that and whatever the game I play single always! and I don’t like cheat with me.

I FINALLY got to act 6! I’ve not played alot lately. I really enjoyed the plot leading to Tristram. That’s all I can say for now, and I’m having fun on level 2, LOL. I did no farming and started it at level 50. I only killed a few world bosses in my journey and skipped some areas depending. I enjoyed the poisoned water supply quest. I REALLY enjoy the D1 audio and music!!!

I haven’t played this mod in a long time, glad to see it only got bigger and better. Started some new characters and can’t wait to get to act 6. Great work, I’m really enjoying playing RoT.

I think Inquisitor’s ranged expertise is broken in the current version (0.7.0.1). It allows dual-wield pistols, but I don’t see the damage bonus no matter what ranged weapon I use.

edit: like other people, I get crashes in the underground passage. It’s about 50/50, either it starts lagging a few seconds after I enter and crashes soon after or it’s completely fine.

Ok, so i’m on Baal and he’s literally impossible. Didn’t have much of a problem all the way up to him but he just out regens all damage. Is there some trick that i’m missing?

Hi, same problem here ! I have pure necro (D2 ) - lvl 51, 6 skeletons, 6 mages, 1 revive et 1 merc… I can’t kill Baal, i mean, i don’t even take 1 point of life from him ! I kill his duplicate B aal easily, but Baal is It is insensitive to all types of damage (physical and magical)… Is it a bug or is there a trick ??

Baal heal’s from the Rain of Fire fireballs, use pet command to dodge those. Alternatively. Use Life Tap or Hunger, both should reduce the amount of healing he gets and/or use an item with Prevent Monster Heal. Also, for both summoner classes, it’s usually more beneficial to focus on just the bear and revived pets. As the more summons he hits, the more he will heal.

Ok, so question. Do you have to select normal + to have 0.7.1 active? Because if so that’s more than likely my problem if his healing got patched

Backup Wiki seems KO now as well :’(
I liked the Wiki, useful source of info and inspiration. I hope a solution is found in the future to have a replacement :slight_smile: