[Mod] Reign of Terror

No. For new/untwinked players I recommend playing on normal, not normal+/veteran

Well if thatā€™s the case then Baal is still bugged for pet builds. Guess iā€™ll just run something else until heā€™s fixed

1 Like

He is not bugged. Just difficult

Ok so I managed to sustain my Shadow Master and Mercenary with a combo of Healing Rain and Inspiration. There is a problem however, with Shadow Master. After a while she seems to stop using some of her abilities regardless of the sustain that the above procs provide, for example her Fire Wave trap. Also I noticed that she does not use all the Assassin skills, for example after taking the Shadow Master addon to Shadow Warrior, some skills are not used any longer. Is this intentional?

On another note, are you guys planning to add more new skills to the classes? An example of a great new skill would be the Ancients summon skill for the Barbarian from Diablo 3, allowing for some excellent player scaled pets. Perhaps even make it a permanent summon with or without an item set. I noticed a rare weapon with the Flayer summons, which is nice. Hoping to see more interesting stuff like that.

There are only 5 active slots for pet skills (not counting buffs) so thatā€™s why some of the skills get replaced when investing into Shadow Master.

It is possible that some classes will receive additional or overhauled skills in the future but thereā€™s nothing specific planned atm.
And with regards to Ancients, they are already implemented as item granted skill which can be obtained from ToA faction vendor.

Kk, it REALLY seems like I missed a quest or 2 somewhere along the way. Completed ALL 6 Acts on Normal+, Nightmare and Hell difficulties and I end up with 137 attribute points and 330 skill points.

OK, a little confusion here about what to download.

Currently, have GD etc. 119 and ROT 6.5.3. So what do I need to update the mod?

If you are at 0.6.5.3 already, jsut the 0.7.0.0 patch, then update it with 0.7.0.1 hotfix, and when its released (should be relatively soon) update it with the 0.7.0.2 hotfix

A long time since the last time i played ROT , a lot of improvements in my opinion .Awesome UI and if you ca make the health animation work vertical not orizontal it will be even better.

I like the mod do not get me wrong but changed some things for my taste

My last change

Mirage Archer

Now what i want to do is to add ā€œRebornā€ content to the mod(D3 and GQ also but this will not affect the vanilla changes) , skills in general with gear to support the ā€œROTā€ difficulty .Also adding the class specific constelations but in a different form to support other skills from the other content i want to add.

That being said , can you guys share the ideas you have for the future vanilla changes when you decide something ? I am sure you can come with better ideas to improve vanilla and i would like to know what do you plan so i do not make changes that will enter in conflict with your future realease and have to work on a lot of files to make them compatible .

Like always you guys did a great job . Keep up the good work.

Only to say that in act 6, in level 13, 14, 15 all entrances for up or down are active, unlocked.

Thanks Fuzzy, that cleared things up nicely.

I dont have plans for any changes to vanilla content (i.e. GD classes and GD items). The GD classes have just been buffed a bit to be more equal to D2 classes. Balancing these is all that will happen to GD vanilla content. Only possible thing I might do at some point, but Iā€™m not even sure of, is buffing the devotion skills, but nothing in the likes of adding new skills etc.

I hope that mirage archer is an example for high level, as it does too much damage for the RoT difficulty :wink:

Intended, as the levels are huge so itā€™s easier to find your way down, or up.

Good to know that the changes will be significant but not exagerated . The plan i have in mind is to remove the second mastery selection and create skill trees for each class to have specific builds , restrictions for skills for specific items (Also items to unrestrict the skill - EX : Stormrend for Primal strike ). In my head adding the D3 and GQ classes as well has some logic(Not a fan of original D3 but Grimmer did great job adapting the classes in GD ) and I ALSO LIKE THEM .At the moment i am using components that give + to all skills for vanilla and devotion components that will be removed once the new skills and deotion constelations will be finished .

I am still thinking about it , creating 2 more one lightning and one fire ?, keep it as a merc(Augument) or change it to gear /component ?, depending on the difficulty to spawn more at once ? changing it to be just a starting pet ? , bigger colldawn and making it vulnerable ?, shorter duration and bigger colldawn used for boss fights at the start ?. A lot to think about . If you have some suggestions i would like to hear , making this kind of changes or chosing colors kills me .

Seems like this is your own personal adaptation of this mod and several others. I dont have any suggestions there so do as you please. :slight_smile:

@cosminkz Sounds like a natural evolution of ideas. Pretty cool actually, but Iā€™d guess those classes would also need to be balanced and not just added if you did so?

@Fuzzydunlop You mean another patch so I wonā€™t experience yet more bugs and balance issues? I should express my happiness at your efforts and others who help out with this mod. Itā€™s been fantastic.

Anyway, still working on Act 6, LOL. No worries!

Diablo was particularly difficult for me. Heā€™s as hard as I remember him in D2. Heā€™s been upgraded, LOL. King Leoric was a challenge as well. Baal was a very long fight, but not particularly challenging, though I greatly enjoy his new skills over his old ones that required massive ability at twitching. :smiley:

The majority (hopefully all) bugs will be taken care of. Balancing however is a never-ending process so there will be more after this one.

This mod has features that long beat D2:R in 3D graphics. I was pleasantly surprised to see all the prime evils looked ā€œas they shouldā€. And they fought similarly too. Such a pleasant surprise indeed. :slight_smile: These newer attacks make it feel that much more like D2 and the bosses less exploitable unless you are truly ready. Iā€™d say good job on that, as there is always a boss somewhere your character can take down if you are ready. I can no longer cheese my way through the mod, so the loosening of the chains around us is helpful (monster nerfs). While in some ways I miss the old difficulty of monsters in act 3 and 4, I canā€™t dispute that every area now feels like combat is better polished and has better pacing.

It will take a long time to complete the mod . My goal is to create a story using D1,D2(They made me happy to see that they recreated D1 also ),D3(Only Classes not maps) ,TQ(Classes and maps) and GD , having maps for each mod and using one character to advance from D1 to D2 and TQ .Something like : Chapter I - Beginings , Chapter II - Reign Of Terror , Chapter III - Old Gods , Chapter IV - Utimate Grim Dawn . Maybe i add Nydiamar as well who knows . But i do not have to much time to mod so this will take ā€¦ have no idea . The map for TQ and additional skills and item balancing will be te most time consuming .

Donā€™t want to spoil your vision but thereā€™s currently a bug when compiling the map after reaching certain number of tiles in a mod, resulting in black screen on launch. RoT by itself is very close to reaching this tile limit (thatā€™s the reason why SR had to be removed in 0.7 update otherwise it was impossible to include whole D1 campaign). So unless Crate does something about this issue then you wonā€™t be able to merge any other map mod with RoT.

And even if the bug was fixed and mods could have unlimited number of tiles then it would take 6 years minimum to finish such mod as a solo dev (in case of keeping the same quality standard as RoT content).

It will not be a lot of mods merged together , more mods with the same items and classes but different maps and the transition from one chapter to another will be made by selecting the ā€œChapterā€ in custom game.

PS : Van_Houck already told me about this a long time ago when i asked for his help regarding the creation of a map . But thank you , not so many people know this and i apreciate you telling me .