[Mod] Reign of Terror

In that case you shouldn’t run into the tile limit issue, however if your goal is to make 1:1 remake of TQ:IT campaign in GD then be prepared to spend all of your free time modding for the next 6+ years.

1:1 for me it is impossible , the anniversary edition is out obvious , IT i do not think , maybe if i cand find o way to use the existing maps from TQ and the expansions in GD using tools to not have to create them manually .If the passion for this game remains in the future then everything is possible.

IIRC, other modders already tried to port over TQ map into GD and couldn’t figure out any way to do it. You most likely won’t have any other choice than remake the map manually if you want to have TQ campaign in GD.

Honestly, it is not hard at all since you already know exactly how it is supposed to look like and have all of the level art assets at your disposal. It all comes down to how much time can you dedicate to the project as that’s the only factor which will determine the end result (i.e. what is / isn’t possible to achieve).

1 Like

I was also refering to time , like you said there is a lot of existing content that can be used from the source and makes the job a lot easier but time is the problem .I do not know if problem is the right word because i can dedicate more time but i have other priorities and in my case the journey makes me happy . It is not something that people depend on , in your case i think there is a bit of responsability /presure to create / finish content for the people who depend on you for your mod .It is free but i see passion and interest to provide good quality content for us who depend on you .

Ha, a mod redoing TQ would be great, and you need it on the way to your end goal anyway, so I am all for a separate release of that before your ultimate goal :wink:

I was just thinking, with this mod, the thing that bothers me the most. It’s going to sound really dumb and possibly not actually viable since D2 is fundamentally different from Grim Dawn.

That’s not being able to talk to NPC’s who are vendors to access the buying/selling screens. I feel alone clicking on selling stations and the NPC’s say nothing, especially since all their audio is transferred, a far better job than what was done in Back to Hellfire that changed D2 to D1. In act 6 it brings D1 to life in a way that mod never did with lacking sound.

Could you integrate the greeting of the nearby NPC into when you click the vendor so it actually feels like an NPC interaction? That’s a decent work around.

Titan Quest campaign. I’d definitely play that mod if someone made it. I agree the expansions with the exception of Immortal Throne is too much.

With this D2 campaign it makes certain realities feel that much closer. It’s very tempting to add new features to this campaign and give it the same potential the base GD campaign has received with various new classes, etc. A natural evolution. Possibly that’s more viable when this mod is actually fully completed.

But it looks like there’s no short cuts discovered, LOL.

This has been already implemented in the past, however it caused issues in multiplayer game as all players could hear these voiceovers when someone from the party interacted with a vendor, no matter where the other players were located, which was very unpleasant and thus I decided to remove them.

I understand needing to grind for the Trial of the Ancients gear but its gonna end up taking several times longer then it did to get to the end of Hell difficulty.

Where did you get that archer (and are there Legendary merc’s from each vendor)?

These are not in the mod. Its something he added in himself, if that’s what you meant

Not only will Trial of the Ancients take probably 150+ hours to get max faction, it REALLY seems to like giving me about 8-10 of the SAME named mob in one wave.

Reputation reward from ToA and also Mandate bonuses have been increased quite a bit in this week’s hotfix.

Like Fuzzydunlop said it is not RoT content , integrated the Mirage Archer created by Okami29

Mirage Archer page

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/mod-mirage-archer-not-really/109496

It has all you need to build it yourself in any other mod .

PS : He made it a ring skill .

loadingbackground01_A6

Hotfix 0.7.0.2 released

Download:

ReignOfTerror_v0.7.0.2_hotfix.7z (600 MB) Google Drive

ReignOfTerror_v0.7.0.2_hotfix.7z (600 MB) GoFile

Installation:

• Drag and drop “ReignOfTerror” folder (located in ReignOfTerror_v0.7.0.2_hotfix.7z) into your Grim Dawn/mods folder and overwrite all files

Notes:

• Hotfix 0.7.0.2 is compatible only with Ashes of Malmouth + Forgotten Gods expansions and RoT version 0.7.0.0 or higher

Changelog:

5 Likes

Had a little trouble with Andy. HC Normal/6.5.3 Killed her but couldn’t move on. Took awhile but finally dawned: hadn’t talked to Cain. So never in the book and game ignored the death. Had to quit, talk to him and go kill her again. Would be good if death was recognized regardless.

The perils of knowing too much. Heh.

If you are still on 0.6.5.3, I’d recommend updating. Andariel is tuned down a bit, and you are missing quite some content.

Retracked.

You should have contacted me prior making this post as I had no idea about your intention and thus could potentionally save you some time working on the installer.

Unfortunately, I decided not to accept any help with unofficial distribution or re-uploads of RoT files from anyone outside of RoT team, for safety reasons. That’s why I would appreciate if you could edit your post and remove the download links from it. I hope you understand the reasoning behind such decision.

Nevertheless, thank you for your effort to make the install process easier for new users.

0.7.1.0 standalone version is going to be released very soon, which will make the install process easy enough.

I have editied out the relevent info as requested by Ram. While making something like this for your own personal use isn’t a problem, making it available to others should always be checked with a mod’s creator first to be sure they’re okay with that.

My apologies, and thank you medea_fleecestealer for removing the links before I could.
Thank you.