[Mod] Reign of Terror

Hi all,

Just finished Act 1 Hell, level 75 (7.0.2), slowly 'cause it’s hard and this time I take my time to explore the whole map (and flee before World Bosses :-D)

I managed to take down the Mindflayer, and Baba Yaga, altough those fights took forever. Globally I feel my damage is not amazing, but I am very tanky (I can basically sit in most packs without my life going down), and I might be biased because I’m used to ARPGs where most mobs die very fast.

I have 2 questions:

• Does resistence shredding stack ? I have no way of verifying that. Currently I have the proc from Rhowan’s Crown, the Conviction aura, and Pathology.
  • My lightning Hydra has a tooltip damage of 15k-56k. Is that good ? Is that bad ? How high can I expect this to go with good gear ?

There are 3 types of resist reduction (pay attention to the wording), which can all apply simultaneously, but in a fixed order:

-n% resists , this one stacks with it’s own type. Use this first (additive)
n% reduced target resists , this one does not stack with it’s own type. Highest applies, calculate this second. (Multiplicative)
n reduced target resists , this one does not stack with it’s own type. Highest applies, calculate this last (additive)

In your example, they are 3 different types so all apply simultanously.

There is no way of answering this question without knowing your build, classes etc. Tooltip damage in general is a poor indication of DPS regardless, as it doesn’t factor in enemy resistances, your resistance shred, chances for critical etc. Worldbosses/Ubers are challenging high HP monsters, if you’ve just gotten through act1 in Hell, you most likely have a lot of gear and skills to improve so doesn’t make much sense in judging your character.

patch notes says increased golems summon limit but I put full points on all golems skill and there is still only one golem.

Thanks a lot ! Yeah I understand my DPS question was kind of difficult to answer.
A little pause for now on this, kind of got tired to spend 1 minute on each pack in Act 2, but I’ll come back to it for sure :slight_smile:

Increase it more.

That’s FANTASTIC news! I was hoping the golem pet skill was somewhat different than other skills like skeletons and wolves.

I am currently in Act 6 level 10 and I picked up the Fungal Tome but it didnt activate a quest. I read that I have to talk to Adria or something like that but that doesnt work. Also when I click the mushrooms in level 9 (or 8, not sure) nothing happens. I also tried droping the tome and restarting the game but I still dont get a quest when I pick it up again. Did I miss something? I also completed the Adria quest before that one after picking up the tome so maybe I bugged it?

About that quest:

Ah ok, I didnt find the brain yet. Thanks!

there are items for Golems?

Yes. I believe trang ouls set let’s you have some and Rod of Onan also boosts it

haha I met first time a boss who fired a meteor every second , it was a really quick few deaths :joy:

I found this magic rock on level 5. According to the D1 quests it’s triggered by Griswold but his quest is for level 10. Did I miss it or is it on level 8 or lower where I’m at?

Griswold has 2 quests, the Magic rock in level 5, Anvil of Fury in level 10, these are 2 different quests.
You get the quest for the magic rock simply by talking to him after you do the quest before it (I think it’s Ogden’s Tavern sign quest, but not entirely sure).

I wonder if I got it twice and didn’t realize it, and I already completed the quest. I haven’t played much of late and had to repeat a bit of one level or another in different sessions. I just completed the level 9 quest and will soon be in 10 for Griswold’s next quest. I have 30 devotion points, so I only need 3 more to be at 1/3rd of the total 99 a character now gets per game.

Hey,
I started playing this mod again with the new update. Played through all the 16 new levels and it’s amazing as always!
A few questions: I didn’t seem to finish all quests since i still miss like 7 devoition points. For example I have a “tome of fungis”(edit: found answer to that in the thread). in my inventar without a quest.
2nd question: Love the new “gems” that you can put on armor parts. Is there a gem for every spell in the game to change it’s kind of damage? In particular is there one that changes Blizzard’s cold damage into something else?
Regards

Edit: Another general question: If I have reduced % elemental resist and reduced xpoints elemenatl resist. How will it calculate it? first substract the percentage or the fix number of resistance?

Cant really help you with that. You can use the D1 quest list per level to find all quests (from D1 wiki).

There isnt one for every skill. Blizzard is onne of the missing ones. Might add more in the future.

Scroll up a bit, I posted how resistance reductions work.

I got 33 devotion points per difficulty and I downloaded the latest hotfix but for some reason the Fungal Tome doesnt trigger the Black mushroom quest. I talked to Adria and Pepin after picking it up but nothing happens. Also I am 100% sure I havent completed it on accident because the last time I talked to Adria was because of the demon brain. Is the mushroom quest before the demon brain so I completed it without doing the part starting with the book?

Demon brain = fungal tome quest. So you finished it

Ok, thanks. I wasnt sure if the brain and the tome were the same quest.