[Mod] Reign of Terror

I did that quest and I don’t think it gives a devotion point, some quests give attribute points instead. :slight_smile: I also picked up the fungal tome later but knew it was part of the quest I’d already done. Either or. :slight_smile:

thanks for the answers bro

and as always, keep up the amazing work!!!

it is not a complain, but rather a curiosity. in normal grim dawn, even a dozen mobs do not cause a drop in fps. in this mod, a dozen or so mobs-big drop in fps by 50%or more, what is it caused by? is it because of using mod, engine limit, something else? of course I know you need to reduce the graphics, but still the fps drops look bad.

Ok i did some tests and with disabled deffered rendering mod works much better.but it’s weird :slight_smile: because normal game works better with turned on.

I am doing hidden ubers atm and I cant find the door to Crystalix. On the wiki it says I have to click the torch but nothing happens when I do so. It doesnt even highlight it. Did they change the location or is the spawn not guaranteed?

It works and it’s always guarenteed. The door is to the left of the secret lever torch

Just wanted to give some feedback, pets are still extremely underpowered. I have a full aldur set char, her damage is crap compared to other non set / non pet chars I have that easily do HC ubers and ToA.

And yes she triggers sheppard’s call, howl of mogdrogen and pets have a ton of ar, and cb from set.
Still bad.

Thanks for the feedback, although I do not recognize this at all, my pet build rinces every uber it comes across. So there’s something off about your build, is all I can think of.

So much so, I’ve nerfed the pets as they were too overpowered for my taste. I haven’t tried it in ToA however, unless it’s a hybrid is generally dont like pet builds that much so i just made it, tried all ubers with it a couple of times and then stopped using it. Someone else with a probably more optimized pet build reported doing about 30M dps, which is quite high and should kill pretty much everything fast as well. If you are curious about that build, he posted it on the #build-guides channel in the RoT Discord.

Sorry I would have to disagree, also tried the discord build, it does less dmg than my current pet build so yea…

Thanks anyways tho

If you deal more than 30M dps, there is no issue with the pet build you are playing.

It can really depend on what’s going on. I played a pet build from nightmare on that was very very powerful in a former patch when everyone said pets were bad. I did have to farm alot to be hell viable at the time, but once I got over that hump it was end game viable. I’ve not yet tested pets but last night was messing around and found this:

Tag not found.

Anyway, pet builds can go from being great to being low powered depending on gear and skills. I’d have to play it more on the recent built to properly gauge it’s current state.

Fixed in the next update.

I just realized I know nothing about this clay golem I’m playing around with. It says it converts several damage types to acid/poison. But I mean, what exactly? :smiley: It doesn’t seem to do poison, but it gives increased poison damage. To what? :smiley: It doesn’t seem to do the damage types it says it converts.

It converts player damage to poison?

It increases player poison damage? It increases player pet poison damage?

It converts damage for itself to poison. So from the golem passives or any damage from pet bonuses.

ok, just wondering, how long does it take you to kill world bosses on average with your pet build?

With mine it takes 30 to 50 secs depending on the boss, uber izual/duriel/lilith around 2 mins. My other
char with generic legendaries takes around 5 sec on world bosses, and less than 10 secs on each uber.

There’s no way pure pet builds are on par with the other top tier builds, I cant say much about mythical sets since they don’t drop at all except for aldur’s and that mediocre retaliation set, forgot the name.
Also what’s funny, I always find the balrog hatescorcher xbow, but never the chest or the other pieces, same with arkaine set, only the fixed drop chest.

Just my 2 cents.

Couple of seconds. Also takes about 5 seconds per Prime diablo phase, although that is unintended. World bosses maybe 10 seconds, ubers 20 or so? Havent timed it, can have a look in a moment and I’ll edit this message.

The balrog pieces, or any of the other new sets that arrived with 0.6.5.0, only drop from act bosses. There is an issue with the crossbow that makes it drop anywhere and I havent been able to figure out why. As for Arkaines set, the chest is the quest reward, but all the other pieces have a chance of dropping anywhere in act6, with an increased chance from the miniboss you kill for the quest.

Mythical sets all drop exclusively from world bosses and hidden ubers, the retaliation one isnt one of these mythical sets.

Other top tier builds will do more damage. But an active playstyle that is generally also more risky to play should do more damage than a passive pet build that let’s you just stand somewhere and wait.

Ok I see, maybe it’s my RNG that is terrible cause I have done so many world bosses and the drops are always most likely a high rune and a grim dawn mythical or some random leggy, zero diablo mythicals except aldurs.

As for pure pet builds, anyway you could point me to a vid where a world boss or uber goes down in a couple of secs, kind of find it hard to believe.

Here you go, my pet build vs an uber (~13 seconds) and a worldboss (~7 seconds). There’s still some room for optimizing this build even a bit more, and the one on the discord should do better than this one. Mine only tops out at about 15M dps (on a Training Dummy), but for a build that never has to be near enemies, with high resists and still 36K life, I dont feel it’s fair if you also deal an equal amount of damage of people who do end up fighting themselves, which is why they should do less damage than the average caster/melee.

The Diablo 2 ubers (hidden, keyed and pandemonium) have a higher chance to drop mythical set items as of 0.7.0.0, worldbosses are no longer the best spot to farm those, although they do drop some still.

Thanks for that answer. So it boosts damage for itself. I can look for poison damage or the other damage types from items/second class and get some synergy, cool since I have no clue what second class I’ll pick. That’ll be fun. :smiley:

Pet builds, I’ve no clue what damage my necro did at the time, it being before attack speed was made more sane. Uber Tristram was a fair challenge. I did so much DPS my character was never really in danger against most ubers/worldbosses. They’d aggro immediately to my endless pets. I didn’t have optimized gear as far as any set is concerned. I had lots of runes which are common.

So what’s the point of worldbosses now? farm just runes and grim dawn mythicals?

Also yea, there’s gotta be something wrong on my pet build or you have something on your gear that I don’t have, will try to tweak see if I can fix it.