[Mod] Reign of Terror

its possible to adjust it, or remove it completely, but the amount of work required is too big to be worth the effort. I’m not going to do it for one item. It’s a all-or-nothing for those kind of things, meaning i’d have to import a lot of GD items to just remove a racial bonus which doesnt hurt the gameplay atm. I’d rather spent my time on other things, like balancing skills/monster or adding new items etc.

IIRC the base resistance of monsters in hell to life leech is already 50%. Skeletons (in any difficulty) are immune to leech and bleeding effects. Additionally some have added resists (90% or so) or for example get a temp buff when they reach a certain HP, that reduces damage by ~30% (less dmg = less healing) and further boost leeching resists. There are a few monsters which are immune to it but which is unintended (they’re at 113% or something while they should be around 95%). That will get sorted out next patch.

Are the Doom Knights in Act 4 considered skeletons by any chance? That would explain my problems there then, but Act5 still puzzles me.
Edit: Nope, just tested it, can leech from the knights. I don’t know, maybe it was another mob type then.
Edit2: Now I can’t leech again, from the same mobs. There must be something going on here, like I said, is there an ailment that prevents you from leeching? It just makes no sense that it works one time and another one it doesn’t. Does it maybe have to do with the zone, River of Flame? It’s kind of a problem if your whole survival is based around leech and it suddenly refuses to work.

the doom knights are one of the monsters that unintentionally got fully immune, has to do with their buff they get when they’re attacked. On top of their already high resistance.

I see, that makes sense then. Are those weird spikey mobs (Death Maulers, Frozen Terrors, etc) also affected? Cause they also don’t seem to give off leech and they are classed as demons, not undead.

They are demons. Those aren’t affected as far as I know (although those frozen monsters might be fully immune), the death maulers should be leechable.

Gameplay question: Large targetable objects seem to have a hitbox which exceeds their model, sometimes by a lot. The catapults in Act5 are the most obvious example. If I try to move along the dashed line, my cursor seems to get caught up on the model’s hitbox and my char steers towards the catapult instead. Is there a way to prevent this lock-on? I’m using a designated move key, not move/attack.

This is what it looks like in motion. I’m not moving the cursor the whole time.
Grim Dawn 2021-12-15 01-48-40_Trim

Wow, that’s annoyed me for SO LONG and I never remembered to report it! Nice work.

I’m pretty sure that the base game is the issue here, not the mod. Still, maybe someone has a suggestion as to how it can be improved.

One more thing: I feel the xp progression in Act 6 is sub-par. I normally enter Hell Act 6 somewhere in the mid-80s. On average I only gain 2 levels in the whole act, which pales in comparison to Act 5, in which you got the Foothills and the Summit encounter (a full level-up on Hell).

This isn’t helped by the fact that levels 10-12 are very tedious to navigate and have these annoying rock monsters plastered all over, which stop you dead in your tracks when you touch them. So I generally semi-clear 1-9, then run through most of 10-12, then start clearing again from level 13 onwards. Still, even with quest rewards I only manage to get said two levels.

I compared the XP for same mob types in the two acts and it seems they only increase marginally for my level 87 char. A level 92 succubus in the Frozen River gives 1049xp, a level 102 succubus in level 14 gives 1192xp. That 13,5% seems too low for a 10 level difference, since the level 102 succubus has almost twice the hp. So you’d be stupid to farm the higher level zone, since you can clear the lower one almost twice as fast. Levels 14-16 also have a substantial amount of caster mobs, those stand more spread out and tend to not clump together too well, which makes clearing even slower in comparison.

In my opinion, such a thing should never be the case. Players should always be encouraged to tackle higher zones. If you punish them by giving them less xp/hour in return, you condition them to always go for the path of least resistance. So mob xp in Act 6 needs be increased to make it a viable place for farming, cause right now it’s not.

EDIT: Just finished the campaign and I think I found an issue with item persistance. Diablo dropped the set item “Spike Thorn”. When I picked it up, the map indicator was still visible. When I dropped it again, another star was added, which also remained there. I gave Diablo’s place a makeover with this, now it’s a fabulous crib. I tried it with another green item in my inventory, but only the shield showed that behaviour. I could replicate this in any zone and even after relog, so it seems that it’s not tied to the current session.

Screenshot 2021-12-15 172627

I actually started to play now.It’s almost Christmas so i study from 6am-12 and play in the afternoon.Some of these champions can still be scary even on low level.I met a champion that could have killed me in 3 hits but i has good boots,i run very fast :grin:.I am pretty good in kiting consider how many pvp i had in online games with a wiz/archer.

I don’t think my build will work as i am amazon/demo full magic/fire damage,full dex build.I don’t mind it it doesn’t work in late game.It’s just gonna be hella fun to see me fail :sunglasses:.I am disregarding any defense and gong full offense.With a wiz i believe kill it before it kills you.I doubt it’s gonna work but hey that’s what an arpg is all about,trail and error :smiley:

Thanks, fixed for next update.

I dont know about you, but when I reach that point I blast through everything, making level 14-16 definitely a faster XP farming route than act4. Get your AoE killspeed up and it is more efficient (by the time you’re just going exp and gear farms and start to get your gear going it goes faster and faster, else, just run cow levels !)

Regardless, the XP curve is a tedious thing. It’s not ideal as it is, also because act6 got added after the XP curve adjustment. But who knows, perhaps we’ll get to brushing it up again :wink:

Sure, ideally at that point mobs are just wet paper bags to you. But not every char has the same aoe potential. My char is centered around the whirlwind skill. Even with using the Doombringer sword, which increases the radius by 1, I only have a radius of 4 with that skill. So I’m having a way easier time if enemies run towards me compared to having to chase them down. So I prefer levels with lots of melee mobs over those with casters. My sorcerer on the other hand doesn’t care, cause his nova skill is more than double that size.

Sorry for being all over the place, but it’s stuff that I just discover as I go along. Are the modifiers on the Timewarped Sapphire correct? Loosing 1/4 of your damage seems an awful lot and would mean you’d have to go all over the devotion tree to gather as many flat damage modifiers as possible. Often those are behind %damage nodes of another type, so you’d have to spend quite a few points on stuff that doesn’t do anything for you. Freeze chance also seems not too helpful for this specific skill, since it’s best when mobs congregate at your position. I stopped using aoe stuns exactly for that reason, since it makes the whole thing just take longer.
Screenshot 2021-12-15 183102

I just found one of the new ubers, the Maiden of Blood. Good fight and very nice arena :smiley: :+1:
I got a Puppetmaster trinket with +2 to all skills. Are the new trinkets all like that? That blows the old ones out of the water.

I dont know how you do math but that isnt right.
The perk of freezing enemies and being immune to being frozen yourself comes at a small cost. And you dont have to use it. Its optional. Plenty flat sources elsewhere too from gear/skills.

I may be totally off here, but to me “-25% weapon damage” means 1/4 of overall base damage gets subtracted. Since weapon damage is the sum of all damage sources combined and most skills scale based on that value, don’t they?
For example, my weapon damage is:
Screenshot 2021-12-15 205139
I wouldn’t want to loose 25% of that.

No, if a skill does 300% weapon damage and you get -25%, you end up with 275%

Ooh, it only affects the percentage modifier. That makes it a lot less horrible then, thanks :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Does uber Butcher drop other/better stuff than Leoric/Maiden? He seems a bit overtuned in terms of total speed and burst potential compared to the two.

No, they all have the same relics they can drop. The key is different though.

In other words, the base damage is still the same when amplified.

10 points damage with -25% damage is 7.5 damage, but the base damage is still 10.

So lets say you are doing 7.5 damage after the -25% and you amplify your damage by 50%. That’s still 12.5 damage.

Today I died the first time to a goblin. I never knew they had spell attacks, but when I killed the original one and they split into two, a huge bolt of (I guess?) lightning came down repeatedly and killed me off in two hits.

I just entered NM, so my resists aren’t all capped, but my elemental ones are all just above 70%. Is this lightning bolt thing rare? I think I never so that one before.

The goblins that can appear can deal damage. Small aura that will damage melees or those ranged bolts when you hit m with ranged attacks. Any damage type exists, so you might have been hit by magic, physical or piercing damage as well (or any of the other damage types). They do all have their own color, but I guess the pierce, physical, lightning and maybe aether cold be mistaken for one or the other.