[Mod] Reign of Terror

I was only speaking jovially … I’ll have sex with controllers or keyboards alike … I’m pure filth.

Anyway … I dropped by to ask if it is intentional that the Paladin skill “Might” can’t be used for any devotion skills.

I mean, none that I could see.

If it is intentional, is there a way I can hack the game to make it a bindable skill?

It already comes with it’s own devotion. Some other skills have it too, like Holy Fire, zeal.

If you want to get into modding, you can remove it. Just delete the celestial power (the 2handed bonus).

Ahhh, in that case, then … I will need to learn how to mod, or perhaps just pick another character to be a shielded MF … because that’s a handicap then as it’s an otherwise useful skill (early doors at any rate), especially maxed out with a maxed out Smite.

I’ll experiment with a Might hired hand, but I suspect the DPS bonuses (etc) will be far diminished.

Incidentally, I’d read that GD Stash ( GDStash for searchers ) was compatible in this thread, however I just started it and it put out hundreds of errors on DB import, is that normal? Perhaps @powbam might know, as it was his post that made me give it a go (I backed up the save folder first, just in case) just now. It seems to be working, but I’m just using it for the first time here.

Posting the below here purely in case it’s ever useful to you, but otherwise just ignore it, it’s only the beggining because apparently it’s a lot. I’ll ask about it over in the GD Stash thread, either way.

importErrors
javax.swing.ImageIcon@4a2fe189 Tag tagROT_BowT00 not found in tags_items.txt
javax.swing.ImageIcon@4a2fe189 Tag tagROT_BowT38 not found in tags_items.txt
javax.swing.ImageIcon@4a2fe189 Tag xtagMArmor023 not found in tags_items.txt
javax.swing.ImageIcon@4a2fe189 Tag tagBlueprint_Rune14 not found in tags_items.txt
javax.swing.ImageIcon@4a2fe189 Tag tagLegGemD32302 not found in tags_items.txt
javax.swing.ImageIcon@4a2fe189 Tag tagUWeapon201 not found in tags_items.txt
javax.swing.ImageIcon@4a2fe189 Tag tagBlueprint_Rune16 not found in tags_items.txt
javax.swing.ImageIcon@4a2fe189 Tag xtagItemAxe06 not found in tags_items.txt
javax.swing.ImageIcon@4a2fe189 Tag xtagItemSword02 not found in tags_items.txt
javax.swing.ImageIcon@4a2fe189 Tag tagROT_BowT13 not found in tags_items.txt
javax.swing.ImageIcon@4a2fe189 Tag tagBlueprint_Rune16 not found in tags_items.txt
javax.swing.ImageIcon@4a2fe189 Tag tagX1D3_Sword04 not found in tags_items.txt
javax.swing.ImageIcon@4a2fe189 Tag Melee Merchant only hair not found in tags_items.txt
javax.swing.ImageIcon@4a2fe189 Tag tagX1D3_Mace01 not found in tags_items.txt
javax.swing.ImageIcon@4a2fe189 Tag tagBlueprint_Rune13 not found in tags_items.txt
javax.swing.ImageIcon@4a2fe189 Tag tagBlueprint_Rune14 not found in tags_items.txt
javax.swing.ImageIcon@4a2fe189 Tag xtagMIArmor027 not found in tags_items.txt
javax.swing.ImageIcon@4a2fe189 Error in formula of ID records/xpack/skills/dream/pet/nightmare_03.dbr
javax.swing.ImageIcon@4a2fe189 Operator is unknown for token. java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Operator is unknown for token. at net.objecthunter.exp4j.tokenizer.OperatorToken.(OperatorToken.java:33) at net.objecthunter.exp4j.tokenizer.Tokenizer.parseOperatorToken(Tokenizer.java:217) at net.objecthunter.exp4j.tokenizer.Tokenizer.nextToken(Tokenizer.java:104) at net.objecthunter.exp4j.shuntingyard.ShuntingYard.convertToRPN(ShuntingYard.java:47) at net.objecthunter.exp4j.ExpressionBuilder.build(ExpressionBuilder.java:188) at org.gdstash.db.DBPet.insert(DBPet.java:244) at org.gdstash.db.GDDBData.insertRecords(GDDBData.java:382) at org.gdstash.db.GDDBData.insertData(GDDBData.java:223) at org.gdstash.file.ARZDecompress.insertData(ARZDecompress.java:3590) at org.gdstash.ui.GDConfigPane$DBImportWorker.doInBackground(GDConfigPane.java:192) at org.gdstash.ui.GDConfigPane$DBImportWorker.doInBackground(GDConfigPane.java:80) at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

You can just ignore those errors.

1 Like

Cheers, mate, have been so far, trying to get rid of the silly second class i added like a moron to slide soldier in there :sweat_smile: :+1: .

There are no true silly combinations, except for one which still isnt that silly if you know the gear for it. Some just work less efficient :grin:

1 Like

Learning is always a good thing … i think :thinking:
On the forum there are a lot of info about modding you just have to search for it and for sure you can learn … something :laughing: , in my case first i learned how to look for errors in my attempts to mod :rofl: .

Some Changes in RoT for example

Good Luck .

1 Like

@cosminkz I might well see if there’s an easy way to make cosmetic items. As I’ve always been (with respect tot he great art direction) frustrated with the options to make colour coordinated outfits, and ones with a bit more pop.

The purple boots/gloves in this are the minimum level of pop I’m after and I’m really liking their introduction in this mod!

Thanks for the pep talk, either way! :wink:

Hehehe … @Fuzzydunlop … I mean … getting the gear is the hard part, since apart from being generally unlucky in life, I always seem to get the gear for other classes / combos.

So knowing that I get gear for other classes was my impetus to start the Paladin in the first place. That way I would:

1. Get better gear for my Amazon.
  2. Have a lower lever character to play along with my mate if he wants it.

Ironically, the Paladin levelled up really quickly1 anyway ( no farming [only one replayed part], and largely just staying on mission instead of ferretting every nook and cranny ), but Oathkeeper as 2nd mastery just can’t match well for me, as I suppose they’re close cousins or something.

I’m pretty basic in how I setup any character, as I can’t do the maths that most seem to have done spreadsheets in their heads for. But broadly with the Pally I’m going one class for defensive, and one for offensive. I am expecting to respec a lot along the way, though, just looking up the chain.

Anyway, since last week I used GD Stash to respec my 2nd mastery to Soldier, and then subsequently go pure Pally. Said Pal is now at around lvl45, so much for helping my mate! :sweat_smile: (i’ll make another)

Now the Pallypops has the skills Might, Charge (with Purging Fire), and Holy Shield all at lvl27, Sanctuary growing at 11 and Smite at 28. Main stats are; AR 1778, Def 1670, DPS 13675, and Armour at 2730, with Shield chance to block 1685 damage at 100% and 63% recovery. Total retaliation is anywhere between 7269 and 9229, and physical resist was a slog to get it to 42%.

But the thing is, I wasn’t going to keep playing over and over until I magically found good gear, because it’s clear that I never do. If I had, I would’ve had about 20 physical resistance (at last note before this), about 30% chance to block 150-300 damage, and armour around the 400-500 are with good absobancy. And only then because I manage to craft some Guardsman’s stuff. I even tried stepping up from Normal+, and literally got one hit from the first baddy outside the village gates :sweat_smile: .

So I used GD Stash to craft the right gear … and now life is much less stressful. :slight_smile:

I even transfered some spaulders with the “Invisible Shoulderguards” illusion because I really like to see my character’s shoulders … I don’t know why, but I just think it’s a better look is all. It glitched a little, in that there’s now two Leather Spaulders, but it’s completely awesome that I’ll soon be able to dual shield AND see my beautiful shoulders. :smirk:

1. I mean, he’s still unable to even dent the hidden bosses, but I’ll probably never get that.
  2. Words for American spelled searches: armor

Ram sells items to make your gear invisible (the npc in-game, don’t PM him in the forum about it).

This is why they’re a good match for a shield user as both have good bonuses for using a shield. If you focus on elemental damage with oathkeeper (vengeance for example), you can have 2x elemental resistance reduction through the guardians and conviction. Conviction then also serves to help AR issues. Then there are several quite easy/cheap to make runewords, like Honor, Oath, Voice of Reason, Spirit, or a relative common unique (but +lvl65) Barana’s star, among others. But if you use GDstash to find items, this shouldnt be an issue anymore. Lawbringer if you focus on physical damage, so you can also use 4x Perfect Onyx gems for a big physical resists boost.

Physical resists is hard to get high without special gear, but isn’t needed for regular campaign on normal and nightmare usually. There are quite some tier1 devotions with 2 or 3% physical resists, might be worth checking those out.

1 Like

Didn’t even know that there was such a person! Heh, I’m an idiot, I thought I’d found all the folks in the towns! Right then, I’ll look around for Ram! Cheers! :+1:

Thanks for this (and everything above) I’ll go take a look now … currently wandering around the wilderness.

He (the npc) is in the shattered conclave. Access it by entering the portal in the basement of the house in act1

1 Like

Yep, cheers, mate … was just there … but I’ll go back and look again … I am a massive idiot, after all.

LOL, he’s in the middle, I’d previously ignored him as I thought it’d trigger an event! Thanks again!

If you know what skills and bonuses add to base damage and what skills/bonuses add to multiplying those base damages, and you can multiply and divide, which means you can add and subtract, you should be able to figure out most stats in the game.

Play more, get more experience. Eventually it will all start to give you an understanding and you will have a visual in your head, and you can use that to over time become more and more intelligent playing Grim Dawn and this mod. It’s one of the beautiful things about it.

Been doing more graphics than gaming of late. Half way to getting up to the new expansion acts in Titan Quest (4 new acts in legendary mode). SO SIMPLE. Miss Grim Dawn, LOL.

In my case i am using other peoples work because i have no talent in that area and creating some new cosmetic armor/weapon design and chosing colors for it is not for me .

It also would be nice if RoT team can implement some “Illusions” for items so the character can have a decent appearance in some cases.

Video

The mirrors to change your looks are in the game. Almost every town has it to transmog and customize your look, unless you mean something different.

Nice looking weapon procs in that video :+1:

1 Like

Made me laugh :rofl: … but also i remembered that once i was looking for something that was in front of me and did not see it.

I wanted to say that some new illusions for items can make the mod look more medieval and not post apocalyptic . What i wanted to show in the video was the quiver(Titan Quest Sgoulder Illusion ) and the light armor (TQ again).Denis also made some nice new items that resemble the D II originals .

It is not my work , merged the DoM and Reborn to create a base mod for masteries and constelations and now i am making them compatible with Nydiamar and ROT . The merging was a succes but i have to do some balancing because the extra constelations/skills and other mechanics like the god event in Nydiamar have a huge impact in gameplay satisfaction and progression.

Unfortunately I’m a rather crappy artist myself, I just remaster and make seamless textures. :smiley:

Changing the passive tree to be more unique is an amazing idea, for the Diablo experience. Mentioned it before.

But was thinking more of art than changing the skills themselves.

I’m seeing one of the items (seemingly a set item, but it shows up with incomplete data in GDStash - not a complaint/report, just saying for info) pop up and having trouble matching it to the rest of a set:

El’druin, the Sword of Justice

Now, Stash reports it’s part of the Armor of justice set, which I’m guessing (from failed searching) is a D2 set from wossiscock angelbobbins … I’m just seemingly unable to find its friends. Is it just anything with ‘of Justice’ in the name?

This item is not “legally” obtainable in RoT. It is only present in the database so you don’t have to worry about it nor any other part of the set.

1 Like

Cool cool, cheers, mate!

… was it just an experiment whilst building?