[Mod] Reign of Terror

Okay. My opinion is done but one more thing to avoid misunderstanding by dev’
My last sentence in previous reply doesn’t mean this mod should take every single thing of D2 1by1.
I was just to tell that D2 is allowing slow mechanics to boss monsters and it didn’t make necromancer OP, so there’s no need to restrict slow mechanics to bosses ‘intentionally’.

I actually wasn’t trying to argue with you. :slight_smile:

For example. They were working on making immunity tougher to break. If they do. I might hate it, LOL. We’ll see!

My point of view: slowing bosses by maybe 20% would be fine, but it’s not easy to limit it by just that small amount. Slowing a boss by 75% like in d2 (its done by just equipping kelpie snare on any merc, dont need to be summoner) so they cannot finish a single attack animation and just stop attacking, seems silly.

The aim/goal/intention if you will, of many bosses is to be difficult. So you have to keep on your toes, on edge etc, always be ready to dodge and not just facetank them because they’re so slow and hp regen keeps up with their damage.

If it would require an entire dedicated setup… perhaps. But it doesnt. Just pick the classes right and you can achieve this. A simple campaign playthrough is your reward but at least focus up on bosses.

Is it not possible to assign skills when using a controller like it is in Grim Dawn?

What’s the issue? As far as I can see it works exactly the same…

1 Like

Ya thanks, Was trying to use the skill bar on the bottom. Haven’t played GD in 2 years and forgot how to assign skills on a controller. :face_with_head_bandage:

I can’t seem to get past the underground passage in Act 1. The game crashes every time I approach a certain group of enemies. I don’t have any other mods enabled.

GD crashlog 01.zip (36.6 KB)

The mod works stably only on windows 64, I had such a problem when I played on Windos 32

The main way to avoid a crash in that area is to not teleport out and try to go back. Crashing with a particular set of monsters hasn’t occurred for me in along time.

I generally stay there as little as possible and find the next waypoint so that if it crashes I can still continue the story without repeating material as much.

The crashes don’t always occur on all playthroughs either. But if you are having the issue with one particular monster pack, I suppose you could continue to have the crash perpetually. All I can say is that it hasn’t been my experience for a good year now to have this problem at all. Generally what would cause a crash is to try to take out the hidden boss on level 2 and die and then attempt to teleport back.

1 Like

Bonjour, dans le mod ROT je n’ai pas les quêtes. Malgré les dialogues avec les personnages, l’accomplissement des quêtes de mémoire, le panneau des quêtes reste vide. Sans progression

Que faire ?

If you speak in english, im better able to help you out, as i dont spewk,french.

But also make sure you have the mod/game set to english. It doesnt work in other languages

I installed the mod and it works fine, with the official French translation files from this forum. But I don’t have any quests. No matter how much I talk to the characters, it doesn’t trigger anything. What to do ?

It probably does not contain the dialogue text of ROT, You need to add it yourself. Or select English to enter the game.

Translation reference (0.7.2.0): English_TXT_for_RoT.zip (160.5 KB)

Hi guys, I only have the base game but I was interested in playing with the UI for the vanilla game? It looks amazing.

I downloaded the mod pack and could only find a UI.arc file - not sure if this alone would work, nor where to place it? Thanks. Enjoying GD and if I grab the DLC i’m deffo playing this!

I installed the texts, it worked. But when I resume the game, I no longer have the quests. I copied the quest files in the save as indicated, but I can’t find the quests and the texts

The probable reason is that you did not copy the archive file to the correct path.

Help, I have to kill the aracna to get kallim’s eye but the boss doesn’t care. I tried several types of spells. Fire, ice, electricity, poison, arcane… But the spider does not lose a single life point. How do I defeat her and advance in the quest?

@Simon_Terracole: Do you have tried to fight against the uber boss (with the skull icon)? That is the wrong monster - nearly all uber bosses in normal mode are too strong (but in Nightmare or Hell they are killable, if you do enough damage).
For Khalim’s Eye you need to kill a unique red spider (normal sized) in one of the spider caves.

@Ram:
I’m the friend of eisprinzessin and I’ve found some bugs:

• the Diablo2 item “Zombie Head” can’t be sold - but can be bought for 0 gold (if sold randomly by vendor).
  • Andarial stays the “Greatest Monster killed” through the whole normal mode (instead of the other act bosses)
  • the relic “Electroburst” needs 3xOrt and another 1xOrt runes (instead of two different runes like the other relics)

And is it intended that from the Horadric Cube there is no special “+1 to all skills” relic for Assassin and Paladin (the other D2 classes have one - and Classis Necromancer even has 3 relics)?

Aracna is not for the quest. You find the eye in The Spider Cave. Aracna is in Arachnids Lair. Aracna is an optional world boss, scaled to strength of the act5 campaign boss. Unless you’re decked in gear at lower levels, I wouldnt bother attempting these till level 35 at very earliest.

Not intended, but not really a bug either. Lack of inspiration is all. More will most likely be added at some point.