[Mod] Reign of Terror

Update 0.7.7.0 can be downloaded here: ReignofTerror_0.7.7.0.7z - Google Drive
Changelog is inside the download file.
Requires 0.7.6.0 or higher. Download and extract the zipfile into your …/Grim Dawn/mods folder and click Yes to All when asked to overwrite files.

Edit: There’s an unclear line in the changelog:
All Diablo 2 Unique and Set items, increased flat damage by 15%
This damage increase applies only to two-handed melee weapons.

2 Likes

thanks for the update!

“Lightning Bolt, increased minimum damage lighting damage by 40 per rank, max lightning damage by 15, increased base %weapon damage by 50%”- probably the best change, still with 100% pierce on lightning fury, it is a ultra heavy on the hardware, unless you have a ultra gaming PC or all settings set to minimum, too bad that nothing can be done about it.

“Added two-handed spear to all mastery skills which qualify for two-handed weapons and to Kraken Devotion” - good

“Blessed Aim, now also applies to two-handed spears” - good

“Bone Armor, increased the duration, removed the %magic damage” + “Cyclone Armor, increased the duration, removed the %elemental damage” - so is it possible now to have 100% uptime on those, without investing in cooldown? If not, same old thing.

“Shockwave, now also works with ranged weapons” - interesting, could be bonkers or just cool looking as whirlwind with ranged weapons

SUGGESTION: rename claw mastery to weapon mastery and remove the sword/dagger requirement as well

“Spear mastery, removed the %armor piercing modifier, added a chance for %to all damage” - nice one, now, please, remove the %piercing from all weapons in the mod

“Added Mythical Cow King’s Set the Cow King’s loottable (hell only)” - nice, one more thing to farm, the mod was getting boring, since ToA drops are garbage, waiting with high hopes for the dungeons
The set is bonkers <3

A lot of buffs to weapons that desperately needed them, I wonder if myth IK weapon is now any good, got to check it out.

BTW, Prime’s summons are looking good, BUT is he supposed to be able to spawn the Cow King?

Damn, since 0.6.2.0, I never rated a RoT update with more than 5/10.
I give 8/10 since 0.7.6.0. Good work.

Both horadric devices are missing textures, so they have the famous blue and red chessboard thing.

P.S - “All Diablo 2 Unique and Set items, increased flat damage by 15%” - this is ultra cheap. Some need more than 15%, others actually are in need of a nerf or to be left untouched.
Some, not all, of the already meta builds received 5 to 20% buff in damage. None of them is using a 2h weapon. Some of those I have using 2h actually got a barely noticeable nerf.
I am streaming from time to time and most of the people say “I tried RoT, but stopped playing it, due to too much power creep”. And this cheap change here is making even more power creep.

Sorry if this was ask on previous post but what the use of this keys (Sin,Lies and *****)?

Just like the original uber key event, act6 has it’s own uber key event for ehich you need a 3x3 keyset. ( Sin, lies, death). You open the portal at the Tomb of the Horadrim waypoint (where you also go just after you kill Baal to get access to act6).

1 Like

The effect of the skill is to Runic Seal, but the name and description are Null Field.(V0.7.7.0) :sweat_smile:

QQ图片20240907231542
Can the wing effects of Angel Wings and Improved Wings of Mercy be cancelled or manually selected. Because permanent residency affects the illusion effect

No, this is not an item thats part of RoT. So i will not be spending my time improvimg this.

How do I access the cow level? I just finished the campaign on nightmare and I want to do nightmare cows so I enter the trap door on act 1, I have many tomes of town portal, I go to the device and It doesn’t give me the option to open the portal, any ideas why? Thanks

You need wirts leg as well. Found in tristram, like in diablo 2.

download this mod last night to play with a friend but we cant connect to each other. keeps failing to connect. is there any fixes to make it work

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

You both have the same versions of the game? Same expansions?

yup everything is the same. we both join the same person off the server browser but cant connect to each other. i figured it was my connection test in grim dawn not coming back as passing but idk

Both on the same platform? So Steam or GoG?

yes. everything is the same for us. we are both playing on steam.

only thing i can think of is it something to do with my router. when i do the network test inside the game is says something about tryin to host a grim dawn server behind 2 routers when i only have 1.

You can try the port-forwarding thing, there is a short description somewhere here on the forum.
Ive had to do this to allow gog and steam players connect, might help your issue as well.

In here

my router has UPnP enabled already. ill try out Port Forwarding and see if that works

so i did all the port forwarding but im still getting the message after doing the connection check saying it failed bc i might have 2 routers. will try to connect to my friend later tonight.