[MOD] ReSound

Hello everyone. I’m new and this is “ReSound”, my first mod (so I’m hopefully doing everything right).

I’m just a casual player and at the moment I don’t own any DLC for the game (hopefully I will get them soon), but as a musician and sound designer I always wanted to try and change some sounds in Grim Dawn to fit more my style.

I initially made this for myself, but now I decided to try and share it, kinda scary :sweat_smile:

Changed sounds:

• Most menu sounds: buttons, opening inventory etc.
  • Some inventory sounds when selecting and moving items
  • Some drops sounds
  • Riftgate sound effects

cooltext-357226843917845

Version 1.1

Changes:

• Changed riftgate loop again (wasn’t a fan of the previous)

Added sounds:

• Level up
  • Vindictive Flame (+ possible skills which use the same sound effect)
  • Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange (+ possible skills which use the same sound effect)

Installation:

Just replace your Sound.arc file in the Grim Dawn/resources folder and everything should be good to go. Backup the original file to go back to the default sounds!

Good to know:
Not owning the DLCs, I don’t really know if this works with them… I don’t see why it shouldn’t, but would be nice if you could let me know :slight_smile:

Downloads:

1.0: https://mega.nz/file/bEBSDQ4a#1ymcPHZ3k2_XKAE-HzXXjjNt13fm8jvmxlBkdEMtRn8
1.1: https://mega.nz/file/ydRHjYZT#2Y9LLj8ar9u09vJb_QIWhgUuMuuQnW7y40pWRQK5N2U

4 Likes

Downloading, I hope it fit my taste xD

Hello!

Just added a couple things with v1.1.

What’s new:

Changes:

• Changed riftgate loop again (wasn’t a fan of the previous)

Added sounds:

• Level up
  • Vindictive Flame (+ possible skills which use the same sound effect)
  • Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange (+ possible skills which use the same sound effect)

Download: https://mega.nz/file/ydRHjYZT#2Y9LLj8ar9u09vJb_QIWhgUuMuuQnW7y40pWRQK5N2U

Sounds nice…but I cant download it...mega.nz wont load at any of my browsers. Maybe you you could use another source?

Any chance making a YouTube or SoundCloud preview so we don’t have to download it and try it out ourselves?

Btw, it doesn’t have to be that large. If you install the loose files under [game folder]\settings\sound[their category] like in the pre-built files, your mod will work too. That way it’ll also never have problems with game updates :slight_smile:

I’m sorry but I’m super noob about this, could you explain it better? Every time I compile with the mod tools it seems it compiles the whole thing into a new Sound.arc file, what do you mean by installing the files?

Also, is there a way to export the Sound.arc content somewhere?

So “…\Grim Dawn\settings\sound”, then just paste the loose files there as you would when trying to build the mod. For example, the riftgate sounds would go under the previous \settings\sound\ folder in \environmental\supernatural, the ui sounds would go under \ui, etc. The install procedure is similar to the one for [Tool] Rainbow Filter (Item Highlighting)

Grim%20Dawn%20ReSound%20Install%202 Grim%20Dawn%20ReSound%20Install%203

Since there hasn’t been any updates from the author, for anyone who wants to try this mod, here are the files for an easy install method:settings 1.zip (2.0 MB) Settings 1.1.zip (3.2 MB) settings 2.zip (2.5 MB) settings 3.zip (2.7 MB)

Just put these into your main grim dawn install folder

2 Likes

I like it, thank you.

I’d definitely enjoy your take on the sound design of the whole game.

Want to try this mod again, but forgot what your files do. They’re supposed to be used in conjunction with OP’s ReSound 1.1, right?

They’re just the original mod, but repackaged into a format that’s easier to install and works between updates. Just put them into the main grim dawn folder, no need for the original (huge) download!

1 Like