[MOD/RESOURCE] Campaign Map (Template)

This mod is basically only the extracted campaign map (base game + expansions). Nothing was changed.

So if anyone is interested to check a look of the map or to modify it, here you go. Everything is already set up.

Keep these things in mind
  • If a game update releases, you might need to start over. You can import your newly created regions to the updated world, EVERYTHING (even Layers) carries over. I recommend you to create a new world for the new regions, finish them there, and merge both worlds only afterwards. This way you can easily update your mod. Does cause lots of issues, work directly on the campaign map.
  • You can only add around 150 new regions to the world. More and the game crashes.
  • ONLY Rebuild Pathing or Maps for individual regions, not ALL at once.
  • The data of Impassable Areas is unfortunately not saved. This means if you Rebuild Pathing of a region, areas previously marked as impassable are suddenly passable. You need to redo it yourself.
  • If you Rebuild Map (Minimap) of a region, it will overwrite the neatly created one by Crate. Don’t do it if not necessary.
  • Crucible Maps can not be played in Custom Game. Use Grim Internals as a workaround.

CAMPAIGN MAP

UPDATED MAP HERE

Current Version: 1.1.6.2

DOWNLOAD (Size: 1130 MB (Download) / ~5950 MB (Unpacked))

CRUCIBLE MAPS

DOWNLOAD (Size: 252 MB (Download) / 530 MB (Unpacked))

1 Like

Very cool, have you been able to extract any of the crucible maps?

Yes, check the OP! But you can’t really play them in Custom Game, the Wave Counter, Tributes, Score and so on are missing. I guess you could modify them and then overwrite the actual files.

Thanks for uploading it. While you can’t play custom games with it, you can use grim internals to “trick” the game into thinking custom maps are main maps, so you can play Crucible with mods.

So if I undetstand I could use this to add new dungeons to the original game map if I wanted to or am I miss understanding what thia does.

yes you could do that, at least until Crate updates the map in the future (if ever) which will result in an outdated map. At that point, you’d need to re extract the map (by you i mean Van Houck :D) and then re-add any mod dungeons you added.

This is exactly what I’ve been trying to do for so long.

Do yourself a favor, and create your new dungeons outside of the original maps in their own world file and then import them 1 by 1. In the future this will make it easier to readd them if you ever need to.