[mod]-test version- 7th mastery~necromancer

Here is to OP creating a couple of easy lore notes to ease our minds. … cheers.

I at a loss i have the 7th Mastery mod in mod folder but im not seeing any of the new necro skills, Do i need to add the tags_mod_need if so then where any help would be Greatly Appreciated. :rolleyes:

Before you start the session, did you choose custom game, then select the mod that you want to use?

If you only create a regular main campaign game, does not include any mods you have

Lol. I understand where you’re coming from but I’ve been seeing people attack mod creators on these forums a few times already because it’s not “good enough” for them because of little nitpicking and I find it highly insulting to me as a modder.

We don’t do this for money, we do it because it’s fun to express our creativity in a mod of a game that we highly enjoy. The process of modding isn’t easy either so when you spend weeks of your time working your ass off to figure out the tools and someone tells you it’s not good… you know it’s really inconsiderate of people. Modders don’t owe you anything. We do this purely out of pleasure for ourselves among other things, but to earn money? Respect? Reputation? Please…

I’m not singling you out on this, I’m not pointing any fingers. I just feel like it has to be said. I know some people have more patience than I do, but I just hate to see some people’s behaviors and in turn results in certain modders not releasing mods because of that.

Yes i choose custom then the game for the necro file

and when you get to lvl 2, no necromancer mastery?

Ok i’m just a tard had the main file twice changed it and now it works not sure how i did that but its working now so ty anyway for the help.:undecided:

:cry: However I think i have to abandon this idea…
there several problems:
1 You will auto equip every weapon you picked while you are unarmed. this is boring.
2 You are considered as “unarmed” when you equip a shield but no weapon. this seems stranger while you are fighting

Maybe i can change this idea to a guy who only use magical dagger/staff/offhand to melee combat… But what should he called… a monk or cleric?

Could you not make a type of fist weapons that he would start with, but it would be just for show?

(Sorry if this is a dumb idea, just throwing something out there that might steer towards a possible solution)

First, I have to say I love a lot of this mod.

I am definitely not experiencing Gezas’ problem. I had 1 point in skeleton, and 5 in the next tier, I killed Salazar at 13 with just two out (see below), and Gutworm at 14 with only one tanking. I think OP is right about needing to resummon every time you upgrade them in some way. They are not getting the bonus from new points. Especially obvious with the Bone Spine Tier. You add that and nothing happens, resummon a skeleton and suddenly they’re spamming it. I’m also of the opinion that they generate way too much aggro even without the extra threat ability. Enemies that I punched in the nose were pushing past me to get to my skeletons 20 ft away. I also think I found a bug with it. Just before the Salazar experiment, I respecced from 8/8 to 1/8 in Summon Skeleton and not only did I not lose the 3 extra skeletons, I was able to refresh their health back to full and keep my squad of 4. When they died, they were gone though. So personally I think a dedicated Skeleton build would be AMAZING with all the pet gear available.

I’m now trying out a petless build. As has been said, I have no idea what Undead Legion is supposed to do. All it does is reduce the Vit and Aether damage on Necrotic Weapon by 30%. It didn’t seem to give any bonus to pets. Nether Shield is quite strong as well. I think it would be very useful even if it just covered Vitality and Aether. Given that almost everything has a Physical component, it may be too much to give Physical protection too. Reese Witherpool is also amazing. It covers like a 1/3 of the screen. My only complaint there is that the CD is too long even if it does match the duration. I’d rather see maybe a 5 second duration/CD even if you have to nerf the damage a little.

I have tried Desperation, and it is a pet ability as you intended, because when you activate it, you can just watch the skeletons health drain right out. I have not yet tried the 40 Tier one for you. 41 hps does seem like a lot even for a power that’s obviously meant to be managed, not toggled and forgotten.

Bone Spear seems a little underwhelming, but I also realize it’s very easy to boost Pierce damage, so I’ll give it a pass.

Sorry for the WOT. TL;DR Great mod, good ideas, and keep tuning!

:slight_smile: its a good idea~ in fact I already tried to do this~

This is a un-used weapon type which named “spear” in the engine
I can use this as a fake weapon type - fist

However, I don’t know if this type will be used soon in the future game version
and maybe some other strange fault…

So i don’t know Whether it is worth… Maybe magical weapon combater is a better idea…

thank for your reporting! Your opinion will be carefully considered before next version released.:smiley:

Undead Legion is a transmuter only for party-playing. I think melee friend will like the life leech modifier~ A aura like this could not applied to pets( seems it is the engine limit). There is additonal pet-bounus on this skill in early design, but finally I moved this to these passive skills.

Nether Shield should be weakened. But i don’t sure if it will be two weak for only Vitality and Aether absorbed. What about a addtional Phys resistance penalty? This means it can still absorn this 3 kinds of damage, but Phys attack is easier to crush the shield

:stuck_out_tongue: Can any good guy write some sentences about this necmancer for me?

I wanna use it as the Class Description on the class section screen!:rolleyes:

“A cult that remained secret for years, Necromancers were once brothers with the Order of the Death’s Vigil until they faced persecution at the hands of the empire and decided to stay hidden from this world using their dark arts. Necromancers use their dark power to claim the bodies of the dead, raising skeleton armies to their service, casting terrible curses at their opponents or devastating them with mighty dark spells, they weaken, trap and destroy those who stand in their path, while empowering their allies using their dark skills. They are usually watching from the backround as their armies crush their opponents to oblivion. The legends say that those strong enough and worthy become undead themselves, while keeping their sanity.”

Native speakers will probably come up with something better, hope this helps though. :smiley:

Seal of approval :cool:

Well said. Bravo.

Hello author, are y russian? If yes,

Хочу поблагодарить тебя за начинания, хороший класс. Хочу тебе оставить обратную связь, мб тебе это поможет улучшить некроманта. У тебя есть профиль в вк или где-либо кроме англоязычного форума?

:Dsry i’m not

Sorry my english then)

Your necromancer is good class. Sure it is only “alpha” version of mastery.

1. Skills are great. Skeletons, bonespear, shiled with absorb phys dm - like diablo2))
  2. Some spells on normal difficulty now are too strong. Blood pool is killing in 1-2 sec + control + great aoe. 10% (+1% per lvl) of reaper also very great skill. And if reaper can be affected on minions it will be punishment for mobs
  3. The Necromancer would look even better if descriptions of skills was contain lore of Cairn. For example nether shiled to change to sphere of Uroboruuk.
  4. Skeletons are great in combat with simple mobs. But in fight with bosses they are weak

Thanks you for you mod

which folder to put this mod?