Mod that changes how items work

Hello Grim Dawn lovers,
first of all, i am not a native english speaker so i apologize for my bad english.

The last few weaks i thought intensely about how ARPGs work or could work.
After seeing what is possibly in Grim Dawn with mods (Reign of Terror) i thought it would be really interesting to have a mod which canges how the items work in Grim Dawn.

What i mean with that is making items more interesting through having to choose which items to wear not only by how much % Damage of the type i am using are on them. I want to choose my items by how interesting they are or what stat i currently need.
I really like to think about the way items where in Diablo 2. In D2 every grade of items could be the one u want. Maybe u needed more fire res and the blue item u found has exactly that. So u slaped that piece on.
The way to achieve that is in my opinion to shift raw damage gain from items to skills. Making skills more important than items so you can costumize your character to the way you want to play him.
Do you want to move faster? Take that piece. Do you want to have that tiny bit more res? Take that piece. Or you think you dont have enough energy regen so you take that piece without loosing insane amounts of damage. The pieces you want might even be blue ones. Why not?

So what stats should be on items?
Stat points, + to skills, resistances, increased attack, moving and cast speed, health and energy, health and energy regen, offensive and defensive ability, retaliation damage, crit damage. you get what i mean
But there should still be items that roll with say increased fire damage. I would make them fixed and not random. I mean, if you want an item with fire damage you have to farm a specific one and not have a chance on every item to roll it.

And then the biggest thing i loved about D2. Runewords. I my opinion Grim Dawn is an excellent game to recreat what runewords where. Farming bosses for specific crafting materials to then craft an item which is completely unique in what it does is such a great thought. Because of the two class system of Grim Dawn you can go so wide in what these items are gonna do.

The thing is i cant do that. I dont know how to change how items work, I am not able to create new items and so on. I know that taking away most of % damage increases from items will throw the balance completely of. so there needs to be an rebalance of the game aswell.

I wanted to put my thoughts out to the modding community and hear from all of you what you think about that topic because i think it would make this beauty of a game even better and more interesting. Who knows maybe a expirienced modder actually will pick this up and make a mod for that. Who knows…

Cheers!

So…like…current Grim Dawn items? % Damage matters very little relative to other stats on current items.

An entirely new slot for an item from something like Runewords isn’t doable, but if you’re looking to target-farm some less-randomized gear for existing item slots, I’d recommend you check out my Augury mod, which is an adaptation of Path of Exile’s Divination Card system.

I would suggest you bookmark this thread. It contains a few video tutorials on editing aspects of the game. While it does not currently address item creation I am customizing all the items in this mod and what you are referring to is rather simple.

You can edit individual items in the database to change any of the stats, requirements, or affects. Editing items, formulas, stats may be an upcoming video.