Mod translation convention

Greetings to all mods authors.
Today I would like to discuss such an aspect as the translation of mods.
We in the Ru-community are engaged not only in the main game, but also in mods that are interesting to our players. At the same time, we do not use separate translation archives and try to include translations of different mods in the main localization file, which is loaded directly into the game on the Crate server. Because of this, managing tag files becomes difficult, especially if different mods have conflicting changes.
Therefore, I suggest that the authors of the largest mods make one simlpe change to the text_en.arc file. As you know, additional AoM and FG translation files are taken from separate folders, but for mods this does not work only if there are no folders in the mod itself. Thus, if you add an additional subfolder, you will allow the use of a single translation archive for each of the languages. This innovation does not affect the performance of mods, but has practical benefits.

@Grimer (D3), @ASYLUM101 (Grimmarillion), @mamba (DoM), @Van_Houck (Nydiamar), @Ram (RoT), @MikeFic_YT (Community league) please consider my offer.
@Dammitt will not this critically affect on moded GT?

Hey, I quickly changed a simple batch script of mine to do that for you. Extract everything into the resources folder of a mod, and either Extract archive > Move files > Create archive, or run the other .bat in there that does it all for you (only if the .arc does not already have any subfolders!). When you or someone else shares a certain translation, share the modified Text_EN.arc too.

Text_EN move files.zip (100.4 KB)

As for translations of conversations and quests, they always have to be inside the base folder, no matter if they are inside subfolders or not, or else they won’t work.

well … Mike wont be happy with all the work I am about to dump on him.

Well, I just tag him as league “director”

Is this still relevant with the way translation files will work in 1.2 and forward?

Yes. New .arc-s does not differ from old .zip-s. Same structure only packed.