Mod Wishlist

There is also a larger stash per screen, but that’s an actual mod. See signature link.

Be careful because by default GD Stash will delete everything in your stash. The directions should start with “backup” and “import” instead of just “new”

Replace spiders model

Just for fun!

Haha. Nice. If that does not say nostalgic, dunno what will…

I’d love to see a solution in-game for the stash space, like a house or an armory of your own to store your collection of items.

Stash tools are nice but a solution in-game is more immersive imo.

not sure what tool you are talking about, but it is not GD Stash.

By default nothing whatsoever gets deleted, all deletions are initiated by the user who then still has to save those changes (or can abort them by not saving).

Grim Dawn Diablo 2 mod?

PlugY style stash!

Not at all the same thing, that’s a DB and closer to Atma. Nothing wrong with it but I like stash style… stashes. :stuck_out_tongue:

stats respec

I guess that makes it 90% the same thing, as they both store items and just use different interfaces to do so :wink:

As to stashes vs DB, I don’t see the advantage of stashes. All they do is put the work of organizing them on you and restrict your ability to organize by the limited categories available (ie none at all, you decide on one or at most two criteria and use them to decide what stash an item should be in). More restrictive and effort than the alternative…
What do you prefer there ? The fact that you see all items ?

What i would like to have in mod

• whirlwind type of attack (360 arc, not a default one). Probably just as an augment active skill)
  • base stats rework. It makes no sense to even have the choice for physique, spirit and cunning, when you in 90% builds go pure physique.
  • adding Spears (I loved Haruspex in TQ :slight_smile:

-whirlwind skill :slight_smile: phys base like in d2 - d3

I think cunning is useful

anyways spirit needs some loving. as does physique

the + to hp/energy regen don’t affect/include the base amount which to me is a travesty.

I’d like to see a pirate class dual wielding swords and pistols if that’s poss? Got some idea’s for skills but no idea about modding!

Combat log. We need those sweet numbers.

Health Bars!
Has someone done this yet?
I’ve heard more requests for this than probably any mod.

Interfaces are far too important for this statement to make much sense. Try playing WCI, WCII, and WCIII, and tell me that interface is not important. Those games feel and play very differently in large part due to huge interface differences. Having to Ctrl+LMB to create a drag box vs just LMB makes a huge difference in the pace of the game for most people.

The #1 and colossal advantage of stashes that no external program will ever beat is that you do not need to open a 3rd party program separate from your game to organize your items. For 3rd party programs, this means that your items are generally in an unorganized state and you need to reorganize them with the 3rd party tool every so often. With an in-game stash, you can organize your items into all the right boxes every time you town portal. There’s no phase switch, no break of immersion, you’re just organizing your items into your stash.

#2, yes, I like seeing all my shiny items in one place. Collecting is a major reason for why I like infinite stashes and seeing a bunch of items in a list is boring, especially when a lot of such DB’s also offer full item lists and creation/duping possibilities which further remind me that it’s, well, a DB, and it’s all just 0’s and 1’s and having or not having an item is a matter of flipping a switch. I also find it rather cumbersome to compare large sets of items when faced with both lists and individual compartments.

I’m wondering if you’ve ever used PlugY if you say this? Only two categories?

PlugY was built in a very free-form manner: it had many k’s of pages. They had buttons to go to 1, 10, or 100 pages. There was the shared stash and the personal stash (I never really used it). And that was it. Yes, it’s less organized, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. You organized it however you wanted to and there was no strict limit of “only x fit into a compartment”.

I would reserve 1-9 for frequent-change items, 10-19 rejuvs, 20-29 for socketables, 100-199 for uniques, 200-299 for sets, 500 or so for runes, and so on. I found it very easy to navigate and compare all the various items and keep things organized. The fact that I could just designate a large chunk of space for “uniques” and not worry about how I need to pare it down further because I would soon run out of space (and need to create silly categories like 1H or w/e) was huge. And because it’s all in one place, it was similarly easy to pull out a set of items that I would compare across each other without having to jump around through categories.

PlugY was also inches away from having a fairly simple improvement of allowing infinite stashes as well as pages: essentially an increase in another dimension that would make it strictly superior to something like TQVault. The personal stash mostly fell out of favor because it was not available to all characters, but having multiple shared stashes would probably help manage extra dimensions of item types and I could imagine several UI schemes to manage that in a nice manner that wouldn’t lose the advantages of the free-form pages design. Whereas once something’s a 3rd party program, especially one with categories (TQVault), you’re kind of stuck there.

Hmm. You could also implement bookmarks. Mmmm… I need to get back on my ass and start doing some modding.

PlugY and ATMA existed side by side for a while and honestly never felt like a replacement from each other neither for me nor most people I know.

I guess we disagree on that

The #1 and colossal advantage of stashes that no external program will ever beat is that you do not need to open a 3rd party program separate from your game to organize your items.

ok, so as a mod, not as an external tool like e.g. TQ Vault, that does make a difference (despite being the same interface :wink: )

I’m wondering if you’ve ever used PlugY if you say this? Only two categories?

try organizing after more categories, have fun with that… items will fall into too many of them to make much sense from an organizational perspective

It’s not that you run out of tabs, but that you run out of meaningful groups

I would reserve 1-9 for frequent-change items, 10-19 rejuvs, 20-29 for socketables, 100-199 for uniques, 200-299 for sets, 500 or so for runes, and so on.

that is organized by one category only :wink:

I’m not sure what you mean, like querying? I.e., uniques, sets, swords, vs uniques that are sets and also swords? Yes, you cannot do any organization that would also not be sensible if you were organizing tangible physical things. Kind of like if I have 2 compartments for documents, I always have to put them into one or the other. You can further organize in the 2 compartments but you can’t break the laws of physics and create a third compartment that somehow contains items from both. For a stash that I expect to feel like part of the world at all, that to me is acceptable.

I mean, yeah, you could go into that direction, too, just make a giant query editor where you select your various OR/AND/NOT/etc. preferences and it will return you any collection of things, and your items are just dumped in their entirety and organized by the query editor. But that’s the kind of thing that can be tacked on top of anything and I’d never want to use that as a primary means of organization. It’s way too powerful for the vast majority of uses.

It’s a question of very data-based interfaces vs visual, intuitive interfaces. I heavily prefer the latter even if, occasionally, I’d like to have features from the former.

The biggest thing I want to see in a mod is legendaries that make more builds viable at end game. The Ulzuin’s set for Saboteur is a great place to start, providing sets like this for a wide variety of mastery combos would be awesome.