Mod Wishlist

Are you doing it via adding an item to the player and removing the original one from the game via onAddToWorld script (just in general) or something similar?

Something similar but rather the other way round.

It’s not a quick change since you need to actualize all monster dbrs and loottables that contain the path of a certain item.

I’ve written scripts to nearly fully auto generate the entire mod now to make life easier, what kept me in breath was some issue where the game wouldn’t load the attached script but gave no error.

Turns out it doesn’t like to long namespaces even thought there are longer ones in the original scripts :furious:

I had a similar idea, but replacing standard .dbrs is something that I really never liked :stuck_out_tongue:

And for long namespaces it is something on your side I guess because it always worked perfectly fine for me. And if the game does not load any script - usually it just does not without giving you any error (maybe through debug only)

What you suggest would have the problem that the item gets picked up before even showing to the player or only for a split second and also from any range.

I found a way to make it work like real auto pickup items.

There might be a way that involves less dbr changes to do this but that involves some vector maths and accessing positions of both player and item…need to investigate into that but for now I found a pretty neat solution if you’re ok with changed monster dbrs.

If mods change these I still can offer a tool that will auto generate the paths for all monsters in a mod so that it also supports mods that change stuff in existing monsters.

Sounds quite interesting. Yea, vectoring would help alot here but I am too lazy to even start scripting it.

My dumb idea for a mod I’d like to see but would have no idea how to even begin to implement myself is something similar to Headhunter races in Path of Exile, where any time you kill a hero monster you get that hero’s powers for X number of seconds/minutes afterwards.

That combined with the Grimmer/Grimmest mod would make for some pretty hilarious gameplay.

I’d enjoy an alternative to earning Devotion points rather than the hide and seek game every time you roll a new character.

Is there a way to tie their earnings to character levels? Like earning a Devo point every 3~5 levels or so? Or do they have to come from Devotion shrines themselves?

I’d like to see a an accurate overall dps metre