Modders Assemble!

Having Lua messages in the console is great

I would like versions of player:HasItem and player:TakeItem that ignore equipped items

1 Like

Hereā€™s a couple of ideas I had today, and throwing out some stuff that Iā€™ve had on my mind for a couple years nowā€¦

• Boolean for 1h weapons to blacklist dual wielding for that particular weapon. Alternativelyā€¦ maybe a way to dual wield 2 handed weapons, or at least use one with one hand and a shield in the other.

• A new passive/threshold buff. Instead of simply granting a buff at X% HP, always grant the buff but at various thresholds, magnify the effects of the buff. 100% HP the buff is at itā€™s least effective, while at low HP (w/e value input by the dbr) the buff could be much greater, maybe comparable to how Savagery has itā€™s multiplier for charges. Multiple charge levels for hp thresholds would be cool too. (This also seems like a thematic skill for a berserker)

• In a similar veinā€¦ a duration buff that can stack with itself. Kind of like a castable endless buff? I guess similar to what Denis was asking for earlier with SR Charged buffs that can be used without potions.

• Weā€™re getting potion mods later on in Fangs DLC iirc, I hope this includes skill modifiers for modders to play with for custom ā€˜potionā€™ masteriesā€¦? If not, thats something Iā€™d like to see too.

• Skills that can trigger on block, like a wave, a nova, or projectiles. Maybe a secondary effect like Spectral Wrath that only triggers on block?

• % Health Reservation. % Active Health Cost would be a fun mechanic for vampire classes or something, flat health cost is so negligible most of the time. Also while weā€™re at it, % Energy Reservation and % Active energy.

• New CC related debuff templates. We have Trap and Freeze, why not add Taunt, Petrify and Trap too?

Also I wanna echo what Okami said earlier about the regex scripts that cleanup unnecessary clutter from DBRs. I used those scripts a few months back and itā€™s night and day with the performance changes to Assetmanager for big mods like Grimarillion. Building the mod without that can take up to several minutes, even opening directories in AM will take up to 20 seconds. (affix/item mod folders). If itā€™s possible for AM to run these regex scripts it would be incredible.

1 Like

Yessssssssssss dual wield 2 handed weapons lets go

maybe the easiest solution is to modify dbr files for 2 handers and make them one handed so that should be easy ?

Weā€™ve already had that done in D3 mod for years already, itā€™s not a solution and easy to exploit

oh i see
thanks

Got a few more ideas

1. Have a way in lua to set loottables for chest on the go

2. ProjectileFragmentOverride for skillmodifiers so that we can change the fragment given from the skill tree via item skillmodifiers.

3. Lua function to get the distance between two points.
    I get that the ability to read/set coordinates was likely disabled for some security reason, but really disappointing that now on several occassions I want to check to which object the player is closest to and canā€™t.
    Trigger volumes can sometimes used for a workaround, but it is a box while pretty much everything else uses a radius, so does not always work.

4. Updated skill templates.
    What I mean by that is, sometimes a skillmodifier template is able add additional working properties to skills. However, those field values are not available in the skill template itself. But if the template is modded to have it included it will work.
    So guess the request is to add missing working properties to skill templates.

In a similar note, I while back I asked if the skillmodifier template can be updated to support a pool of summanable pets.
E.G modify the summon skeleton skill to spawn different skeleton types. Currently you can have 1 pet swapped into the skill, replacing its entire pool.
So any news if that was possible to update?

What you mean? FragmentsOverride is already on skill_modifier.tpl.

Speaking of templates.
Does skillchanneled.tpl/ skill_skillchanneled.dbr woks? Has anyone managed to make a working skill on it?
Could we get working template or tutorial, what parameters need set to make it work?

Correct me if I am wrong, as it has been a while since I tried modding DEE, but think you canā€™t change the fragments from the 4th node. That was were my though was going.

skillchanneled.tpl is used inside other templates, so maybe it is not meant to be used on its own directly.

Fragment override works as long as itā€™s on the main skill itself. A projectilemodifier that adds fragments will not be affected by a transmuter or item mod that overrides fragments.

Never tried using skillchanneled, I might have peeked at it once long ago and just assumed it was a dead template used as an experiment/trial for other channels.

That said ā€¦ new channeling types are welcome! Stationary channel to grant a hyper buff while active (blocking/health regen) or something that doesnā€™t trigger frequently but only ramps up the damage for a final burst at the end. Early cancellation would be weaker but still damaging, vs a long channel (up to a point) could be a big hit. ( i donā€™t mean to hijack anything, just felt like throwing this out there)

Also, I forgot to mention this in my long post aboveā€¦ thereā€™s a modifier that reduces the base skill cooldown based on kills, however it currently works with all kills instead of just ones made with the skill. Would be nice to fix that, or give us an option to do one or the other.

2 Likes

Flash all the images you like. DBREditor opening it has nothing to do with it working in game.

Search the templates folder for skillchanneled and you will find it being used in 4 other templates, so take your bets were and how it is supposed to work :joy:

Your example is not indicative.
skill_attackprojectile.tpl includes in skill_attackprojectileorbiting.tpl, so take your bets were and how it is supposed to work :joy:

I appriciate you providing a better thought out argument in written form on the matter :+1:.

There is nothing further I wish to add to this squabble, you asked your question now we wait for the response.

Thatā€™s what I thought. It would be nice, along the secondary skills.

Also, channeled weapon based skills, like shooting rapidly with a ranged weapon or performing several melee hits in front of the char, the former could only work with melee 2h weapons, like a spear skill from other games.

We used title screen to inform player about current localization revision for base game and mods.

Examples

Title screen for base game: game version, translation revision and update date

Title screen for DoM: aditional Dom version and translation info

Title screen for Community League: aditional League patch version and translation info

But now localization integrated in game, and mods localization will be placed in mod folder and loads only after custom game starts. Hence, you will not see any custom text at title screen.

Sometimes mod version notes at Active quest tag.
DoM:

But Iā€™d like more elegance solution.
If you not plan to return loading translation from zip, could you add special tag to modders inform players about current loaded mod? It could be placed below difficulty tag as it realized in League.
League:

1 Like

Now that we seem to be getting some more interesting effects that are affecting players (Nullification, Sunder) how about seeing a bit of expansion to the autocast controllers? cast_@selfwhenSundered_100%, for instance? Could make for some interesting items.

And as this is a modding-centric thread, speaking of autocasts, a pipe dream would be to see autocast stability/concurrency improved for multiplayer. Many ā€˜unintendedā€™ usages of autocasts (such as baking them onto skills innately) notoriously create desyncs in multiplayer.

1 Like