Modders Assemble!

Sunder is just 1 of “52 damage types”. Make that single controller is not so practical. If ever, better if it will cast when hit by selected damage.

I don’t disagree.

Although we kinda already have damagetype specific triggers in the form of Flat Absorption shields that trigger on taking any of X damage types that they block.

I think it’d be more prudent, in the short term, to get some controllers for incoming Influences (Trap/Petrify/Nulli/Sunder/etc.)

5.1. For a potential lua implementation of GiveRandomItem from conversation editor, think that was the name, can it instead be CreateRandomItem. With differense being we get the ID and the object, and in lua we can deside what to do with the item. This will have a greater flexibility compared to simply giving it to the player.

1. Formula for SR progress could be made to support the 3rd SR proxy - boss proxies

2. Lua is missing a way check in which area the player is in. Maybe something like GetAreaName(playerID)

1 Like

It’s pretty scuffed but you should be able to do this via Entity.Get(id):GetCoords(), no? You’d just need a lookup table for the area boundaries but the rest should be pretty straightforward from there.

Coordinates are unreadable, you only have access axis rotations.

One more thing, that save modders several text tags.

Initial tag_ui doesn’t contain tags for attack/movement speed retaliation modifiers. Also reduced defensive ability retaliation named as reduced defensive retaliation.

1 Like

Probably one for GD2, maybe for GD if it easy and wont break anything.
Can all script events in dbr files become arrays( that execute all scripts listed) instead of variables. With the obvious advantage being easier to add extra behaviour and easier to see which functions are called.

My over thousand lines of wrapper functions will be grateful.

Is it possible to add a blocking template for Two-Handed weapons at 50% efficiency compared to its counterpart? :thinking:

0 * 50% = 0
Other side it will be great to have option to enable blocking to any weapon combo

1 Like

Request numero tres:

If at all possible, being able to convert all CC types into nothing (as can be done with Stun) would be great. I’ve spent hours trying to remove the Freeze from TSS (/Frozen Core) via an item skill modifier and it doesn’t seem possible.

2 Likes

Great suggestion.

Also reminds me I ran into the same issue when making War Cry spammable and could not remove the disruption from the skill line.
So maybe a 0/1 multiplayer for Offensive Duration & Influence sections is what would offer greates flexibility. Probably for Retal sections too.

Many of the things I had on my list have already been requested, here’s couple more

Map Editor:

• adding a “are you sure” check to “remove region” (I missclicked this too many times when using the replace object feature)
  • improve/fix “merge region” (currently it has like a 99% chance to heavily mess up layers)
  • adding a search bar to windows like: quest window, select object for replace object function or add the ability to scroll down in the list via mouse wheel (for some reason this works in the first window for replace object, but not for the 2nd window)
  • rotate region also rotating the terrain and not just the assets’ coords

Asset Manager:

• cntrl+F search functionality across .dbr files for file name and / or values of stats (might crash the program I guess)
  • functionality to copy a single file and create a batch of files with the original’s file name+ascending variable (a → z, 01 → 99). A script can do that for now, but asset manager having that feature would be really cool.

Ingame:

• functionality to set game on night only (maybe via console command?)

Generic:
functionality to implement video files into mods like AoM’s cutscene. I tried to trigger it via conversation and console showed no errors, but the file didn’t play, either it doesn’t work or I just couldn’t figure it out.

• Could modders have the official map source file downloadable after FoA release? The current extraction method removes e.g. impassable terrain layer. It would make things a lot easier for e.g. the community league mod.

It works on the chaos TSS MI from the league iirc. I’ll double check.

Edit: double checked and it works: -100% Freeze Duration to Trozan’s Skyhard removes its freeze. (“offensiveFreezeModifier,-100,”)

“Couldn’t figure out” most likely. I made all D2 (RoT) Cinematics and all of them works via conversation.

1 Like

Edit:

me dum

(no skill Max Level set in skillConfig = skill modifier no worky even if displayed in UI successfully)

Original feedback stands though. It’d be nice to be able to just convert out CC on skills.

I tested it on random elites around rotting croplands (aetherials)

Edit: I’ll get you a video

Edit 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJtBFUXWNhI

maybe it works because I added stun at the same time? idk

Yesss, fgs!

Moving these from the gameengine.dbr to the character_mastertable.dbr would be nice.

UICharWindowInventorySack0DimsX,384,
UICharWindowInventorySack0DimsY,256,
UICharWindowInventorySack1DimsX,256,
UICharWindowInventorySack1DimsY,256,

Oh!

A plugin for Blender would be cool. TQ added one with the last xpac, it kinda works for GD, but only if you convert the mesh into a format compatible with TQ (hexedit).

2 Likes

Forgot it last time, but more animation slots for characters for the different weapon types, I keep running out and having to throw some out to stay within the limit

3 Likes

Are you sure you want to move this content from Grim Dawn\database\records\game\gameengine.dbr to Grim Dawn\database\records\ui\character\character_mastertable.dbr and not copy it?