Modding Tools are now Available! (V1.0.0.3)

With our latest game update, you can now delve into Grim Dawn’s development tools and create your own content! The potential here is tremendous and we here at Crate are excited to see what the community comes up with.

The Modding Tools Guide is included in your installation folder, but can also be downloaded here. We highly recommend that you check it out if you are interested in modding Grim Dawn as it contains some important information on getting started.

Good luck and enjoy!

This update also includes some changes to the game. For the full list, see below:

V1.0.0.3

[Major New Features]

• Modding Tools are now available. You can find them in your Grim Dawn installation folder. These are the same tools that were used by the dev team in the creation of Grim Dawn. You can use them to create new items, new masteries and even entire new worlds. Their vast potential is now in your hands!
  • Celestial Powers now have their chance to activate scale based on the assigned skill, with longer cooldown abilities having up to a 100% chance to trigger.

[Tech]

• Fixed WeaponPool attacks not working with Chance on Enemy Death autocasts.
  • Fixed lag hovering over certain weapons.
  • Added cooldown reduction to displayed cooldown values on skills.
  • Basic weapon attacks are no longer added in between casts for zero cooldown skills after a disruption attack.
  • Fixed Detail Map centering bugs.
  • Added error messages to the Riftgate map.
  • Fixed being able to sell stacks while not at a merchant.
  • Fixed transfer stash tabs being unlocked for hardcore characters when buying them on normal characters.
  • Fixed certain debuff type skills on items not working with Celestial powers.
  • Fixed certain skills being able to trigger multiple Celestial autocasts in multiplayer.
  • Fixed inconsistent achievement synchronization for GOG players not using Galaxy.

[Game]

• Fixed an issue with the Servant of Empyrion and Follower of Uroboruuk Achievements not unlocking. This fix is retroactive for characters that meet the requirements.
  • Fixed an issue with the Nemesis Monster Infrequent Shoulders only dropping as one of the two possible versions, at level 80+.
  • The Ocean of Blood achievement now requires 500000 monster kills

[Itemization]

• Fixed an issue with several mid-level Shoulder items that had unusually low, or unusually high, Physique Requirements
  • Fixed an issue with some of the Nemesis boss Monster Infrequents having inappropriate Physique Requirements

[Class & Skills]
Devotion

• Celestial Power chance to activate now scales with the assigned skill’s cooldown and duration (skills with longer cooldowns have a higher activation rate)
  • Mark of the Wendigo: reverted proc rate back to 15%, this was missed when the cooldown was reverted.

Oh nice, can´t wait to see the skills of the community :slight_smile:

Ok cool, now waiting for the community’s attempt at balancing…

The change to Celestial Powers improves build diversity again, it’s awesome!

Awesome. Tempted not to sleep.

Question: This had less balance changes than I thought (don’t get me wrong celestial skill proc rates are huge on their own); are there going to be a lot of skill/item balance changes coming with the content patch?

Just curious, will be balance modding anyway but I would like to anticipate how much will change in future updates, or will future updates be more like this one, smaller in scale than previous ones?

and it is all?)))
I expected to see here new bosses and new sets/items!

Wohoo :smiley:
/10chars

and it is all?)))
I expected to see here new bosses and new sets/items!

Well, they promised to release modding tools before may, they haven’t said anything about new content.

They are included, you just have to make them first.

Nice job, Crate.

Can’t wait to see what masteries and content the community comes up with. :slight_smile:

Very exciting to have these tools out, if this community is even half as creative as the TL2 community we could see some amazing things.

Brilliant :smiley:

nope, im talking about this http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37260
i think, this must included in this patch, but not :frowning:

Awesome job, Crate!

Modders go wild!

Anyone else having an issue getting the game to play? I was playing it like an hour ago…watched a T.V. show…the update happened…downloaded it and then everytime I hit play…my screen just stays black. I let it sit for like 5mins and nothing. Never had this problem before and nothing has changed on my comp.

It’s time for Salan to stop wasting his time and talent on that piss-poor engine and move on to Grim Dawn.

Great news I can’t wait to see what the Community is making. Wish I were so creative :expressionless:

“Following the modding tools update, you can look forward to the Hidden Path, which is an upcoming free content update for Grim Dawn, featuring new lore, new bosses and a new dungeon. With this update are also three new Monster Infrequents, four new Epic items and two new Legendary items.”

Seems clear to me. Hidden Path content was not intended for 1.0.0.3.

I don’t remember who exactly I spoke with from Crate at PAX when you came at our Larian booth but I had to post here for the 1st time to say that I was SO looking forward for your modding tools.
Can’t wait to try this out tonight! :smiley:

My expectations are high! :stuck_out_tongue:

Great work Crate!

Btw - are word-wrapping issue on loading screen still exist (it is better to check with community localizations)? Can’t check this out right now.