Modding Tools are now Available! (V1.0.0.3)

[/li]
Yay! :slight_smile:

But, no fix for the freeze on exit bug yet? :cry:

Sorry but no. TL2 is a charismatic example why I would prefer developers updating the game rather than tons of mods. TL2 GUTS is a very powerful tool that could’ve overhauled the game, even with faulty hard-coded game mechanics. It’s just a lot of work. So what do we have in TL2 instead? Tons of new classes with quality much much below vanilla ones. Tons of crap like x2, x5, x10, x100 exp. Pokemon pets. God items. When I got into modding in TL2 it was already in a state of decay. There is basically no mod scene, just a bunch of amateurs working alone on their own little projects. Actually, scratch that. There is (or was?) one team working together on the same mod, more or less. And guess what they were doing? Yup, another class mod.

That’s why I personally plan to focus on non-class mods. Because given how it was in TL2, and how everyone wants new masteries in GD, we will soon have a crapload of mastery mods, ranging from shitty ones to decent. Same with balance mods.

Great news Crate keep it up! Lots of good fixes, and the devotion change for long cool-down skills is a great addition. :slight_smile:

I also expected the new dungeon with the Three Witch Gods, but I guess I’ll just patiently wait for the next update :cool:

Reread the last Misadventures and it will be clear to you the new content was not intended for 1.0.0.3. See my previous quote in this thread.

Yeees~ thank you for all the hard work!! So excited for this.:smiley:

So it begins…

During finals week, of course. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, ain’t that a hidden gem.

Awesome…thanks for this.

Will these tools allow me to:

• Increase the size of the world map?
  • Add special effects to certain items when they drop?
  • Remove the low health warning glow?

welp. Now I know what I’m doing tonight. =D

Nice job Crate :slight_smile:

And where will be the mods done? Steam workshop?

Cheers!
Will we have Steam Workshop soon?

Very interesting! Modding tools will allow the community to help develop the game further and bring new players to the game.

Hi, did anyone get the GOG version to work yet? I am still seeing the following under my account:

1.0.0.2 (gog-6) -> 1.0.0.3 (gog-8) 18 MB (patch_grim_dawn_2.3.0.8.exe)

…but when I install this the mod tools are still broken and the version still says 1.0.0.2

• Edit: Latest version available at GOG is now working fine, thanks!

Thank you Crate. I’ve been waiting patiently and now the tools are in my hands.

Eternal gratitude and rock on :smiley:

I have F-Secure anti virus software and it flags sourceserver.exe as a virus and removes it. I guess that’s a false positive but still.

Edit: I’ve submitted it to them, hopefully they will fix this.

Will this have steam workshop support?

Thanks for the update and the power overwhelming within it!

I’ll admit i was hoping to see another balance pass… Armor is still pretty worthless Since 90% of the damage taken is not Phys… Since the last nerfs to HP in Devotion, phys is now the king stat again. Funny part is no amount of buffing of the other stats really will fix this perception due to the overall lack of HP in the game. DA is still a joke for someone who doesn’t go into shields.

Mod tools are cool and all… The games combat is not in a great place at this time. There is entirely too much stress on resistances being the primary means of mitigation. One would think that Armor would be the primary means followed by resistances but since the game has very little perspective physical damage. this is what we get.

Now keep in mind i am only wanting to shift the sources of that damage. Give armor some value in this game.

I have also F-Secure and it also find SourceServer.exe as a Virus and keeps deleting it. Had to turn it off to be able to download the modding tool folder and I can now play. Probably a false positive, but just here to notify people.

Stay tuned.