ModernGrimDawnUI

Link to the Nexus Mod Page: ModernGrimDawnUI at Grim Dawn Nexus - Mods and Community

Hi!

I know that there is probably a lot of people who love deafult Grim Dawn UI, but for me it hasn't aged well so i remade this ui so i would play this game without gouging my eyes out. ( i have played grim dawn a few years ago and and it didn't bother me at all, but now i wanted to play some grim dawn again and decided to remake this ui ).

ATTENTION!!!
I took all the screenshots using the following mods:

Of course, i wont include those mods in my mod because that would be rude, so i encourage you to download these mods from their respective forum posts ( these three mod authors have done a great job, they deserve some positive comments).

ModernGrimDawnUI

Everything from the base game should be changed ( excluding hp bars and some other minor elements which i will talk about more in the next section ), but there are probably some elements from the AoM and FG that i missed and maybe i will make an update. About Crucible, welll… i’m not interested in this mode so i will leave things as they are.

I haven’t fullly tested the fonts, but in English everything looks fine, but in my native language ( Polish ) text is a little bit too big in some places. Because i’m rather new to modding in this game i won’t be able to fix anything fonts-related ( at least for now ).

There are a few UI elements that i haven’t made any changes to ( intentionally ). When i got to make animated hp bars i was excited at first, and i even created something that would look cool, but making it so it would work properly in this game is really a big pain in the butt ( or i just don’t know about something…) so i left it as it is. I also haven’t made any changes to mini map icons, but that’s because they look alright for me so i don’t feel like i need to change them. As for the cursor, deafult one fits perfectly in this game, so i just prefer to use the upscaled version by Dreadmoth.

Lastly, i know that the fonts folder is almost 4 Gb, but i can’t do anything about it ( but if someone who is more knowledgeable than me is willing to make those files smaller, then go ahead ). The only thing i know to partialy fix this mess is to just delete folders with fonts for languages that you do not need.

Google Drive Download Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sDFV_r-dQra8FhXt3maLNX1NJojpUAt9/view?usp=sharing

INSTALLATION

1. Export the content of .zip ( excluding README.txt ) to Documents/My Games/Grim Dawn/Settings
    ( if you don’t have a folder called ‘‘Settings’’ then you just need to create one )
  2. That’s it!
2 Likes

Should have sufficient posting privileges now if you want to update your OP.

1 Like

is this intentional?
the border/skull is empty just a “shadow” background of sorts ?

Yeah, it is intentional

1 Like

kk, just asked for clarification because grim UI had it “filled”/having “depth” looking like an object if you will
so my initial gut told me something was “missing” :sweat_smile:

Pretty new, but can you make it sized to fit the JMD’s X Mod? That would be more widely playable.

The main reason is that these interface styles do not match.