More 2H melee chaos weapon choices

Greetings.

I’m a huge fan of melee Shaman builds based on Savagery/Upheaval. I’m also unable to do anything in a normal way, so simply dealing physical or lightning damage is out of the question. The recently added chaos conversion Conduit for Savagery/Upheaval is a dream come true, but suffers from a lack of weapon options.

There are only two 2H melee chaos items in the game - Wrath of Tenebris and Obsidian Juggernaut, of which the latter is a caster item. There is a melee 2H Monster Infrequent for every single other damage type except chaos damage. (I’m unable to squint hard enough at Obsidian War Cleaver to turn it into a proper chaos weapon.)

I’ll also note that despite a bonus to Hellfire Mine on Obsidian Juggernaut, both of the mentioned legendaries leave Demolitionists feeling a bit left out.

Thanks for reading.

4 Likes

indeed,
one of those minor itemization gripes i’ve had and seen others mention before,
so easy +1 from me :+1:

i had to stack all the attack speed in the world to make a 2h chaos melee using Juggernaut (Tenebris not an option for said build), and while the build was still fine, it felt more cumbersome than it had to be
and it has made other 2h bonkers so “annoying” to come up with i often just scrapped XY idea

as for conduit/chaos upheaval savagery itself, it is playable using Tenebris tho
pretty sure i even saw it posted on the forum
edit. yup [1.1.9.4] 2H Melee Chaos Savagery(Upheaval) Vindicator. SR 90/Ravager of Minds

+1 from me as well.

Chaos 2h melee have poor choice of weaponry.

But I sadly doubt there will be new options available as game is generally going to be just balanced. (Still grateful for it)

Maybe one last little MI ? Would be great !

Edit: Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Honestly, this hammer could be repurposed into a chaos weapon. It’s a crafted item with a weaker bonus to either bleed or physical BA, and those 2 variants already have choices with Guillotine, Gutsmasher, and Korvan Halberd.

2 Likes

please no, i like gutcrusher transmog :sweat_smile:
(i’m assuming the bleed look would get removed and replaced with chaos light)

That’s the best part of the weapon that I hope will not be changed (if there is change at all)

Gutcrush Warmaul transmog could always be kept by making that weapon available at the merchant in Fort Ikon.

1 Like

Harbinger set :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.