Mortar Trap Elementalist(?), who's up for the challenge?

Was thinking that somehow I need to make use of Mythical Celestial Stone of Halakor, that 40% crit damage to Mortar Trap is nuts.

Thought of Elementalist so that we can take advantage of the Storm Totem and Wind Devils, cant come out with a gear setup atm though.

the build should utilize fire/lightning damage types and Mortar Trap/Storm totems/Wind devils/Thermite mine/BWC.

Being a caster, kiting is unavoidable but we need to make it a tanky caster so he doesnt die easily while kiting.
Actually with Mortar Trap+Storm totem+Wind devils, this build is made for kiting lol.

Any ideas on gear setup?

Possible Build using Mortar, Storm Totem, Wind Devil for damage and Raging Tempest, Viper, Hand of Ultos, plus Arcane Bomb for -% Lightning Resistance.

35% Physical to Lightning Conversion, 45% Cold to Lightning Conversion and 25% Fire to Lightning Conversion.

2406 Defensive Ability is a possible concern and 3047 Offensive Ability could perhaps be a bit higher. Consumables would obviously be of some help.

Slight Alteration using Mythical Mark of Divinity with Black Tallow. More health and % Less Damage from Aetherial’s and Ch’thonics which is useful.

How about this Mortar Elementalist

Probably rings need to be replaced with legendary/epic and some devotions need to be swapped, i think about weapon too, i will address these tomorrow its too late atm.

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/wV154LMV
This should work.

Do you think this would be viable?
I am thinking of a playstyle lay down mortar traps/totems/wind devils and everything gets obliterated while you move, i dont know if thats possible to achieve.

It is possible to achieve, I tinkered something along those lines in vanilla and even posted it

His setup is more than viable imo since his focus is on Electrocution part of the build more than Fire/Lightning traps

Although, i’d say with traps you don’t need to focus on DoTs, focusing solely on the traps would do the trick

I made Mortar sorc in vanilla and worked, kinda.

In xpac i’d do mortar/kalastor purifier with anderos gun, dagallon helm and Terrnox Tome. Should be interesting and i inted to try

So focus on Mortar Trap (with “Big One”) + Storm totem + Wind devil + Thermite mines i think it can be viable!
Do you have any other thoughts on this build?

Very interesting idea!
What damaging skills would you use in your rotation except mortar trap ofc.
from Inquisitor especially.
Shaman has Storm totems and Wind devils which act like continuous damaging traps, what would be inquisitor’s compensation for Shaman loss?

I think if you want mortar to be your main focus then elementalist may be the wrong call here. Between Andros purifier, terronax tome, and dagallon helm ypu can have 5 mortar traps doing mostly fire damage on a 0.8 sec cooldown (also that means you can essentially drop “the big one” every second) damage would be mostly fire/physical. I think demo/inquis may be best here with or without rune of kalastor.

I have 4 different mortar builds on the go, Sorcerer, Purifier, Elementalist, Defiler.

I think Purifier makes the most sense
Defiler for the fire/Ele damage to vitality conversion, which could work out well.

I dont want to disagree with you on Purifier selection, but Shaman provides Storm totems+Wind devils which are like 2 more trap like skills, you just cast them all and you can watch mobs get obliterated.
I just wonder how would the playstyle of Purifier be.
Drop Mortars+Mines and thats it? Seal does not fit in a kite playstyle, am i wrong?

Mortar Traps+ Kallastor spam. Fire mortar is easier to gear na d should work very well with rune,

which ultimate aura in your opinion is preferable?

Conviction should be the aura of your choice

thx, this choice coincides with my)

On rifle/dw guns purifier i play Censure and works quite well, but that is because i can lifesteal a lot. For this guy i’d have to do some testing to work out his survivability path

How good is Kallastor’s damage at high levels? I really havent used that skill at all

The final explosion’s shotgun is similar to Canister Bomb and that’s pretty good. The Rune itself is inferior to Hagaard. I didn’t enjoy using it but that shotgun explosion is pretty good.

Did you try it with the mods from the gun?

Still missing gear so no, don’t think those ever dropped for me