Most dynamic class/skills combo?

what do you guys recommend when it comes to fun and dynamic play style?

what i AM looking for

play style that rewards

• good judgment of when to use skills, in what order, and on what targets
  • enemy and character positioning
  • good engage and disengage tactics
  • agile fast attacks
  • short cooldowns

what i am NOT looking for,

• hold down button until target dies
  • press one button and entire screen blows up
  • long cooldowns
  • no strategic use of skills (see point one)

play “mode”

• i play hardcore + veteran + single player, and get to warden at around level 20 to 23 ,
  • i do not use shattered realm, or crucible,
  • i dont use shared stash for any of my characters,

This is what came to mind when I was reading your description:

Maybe also look at this if you like to zoom/want something relatively easy to gear up:

You may also be interested in Sorcerers and/or Spellbinders that get a great deal of their survivabilty by managing the uptime/downtime of their defensive skills.

I’m also curious how others will chose to answer your question. One thing that might help them is to clarify

1. When you say

should we assume you’re looking for builds that are pretty sturdy (i.e. I really really don’t want my character to die)?

1. When you say

should we assume you’d prefer builds that are relatively easy to get decent gear for/can be played without super specific endgame items?

1 Like

finding/farming gear isnt a problem, i have alot of free time ( because i am disabled)

i play hardcore, so i take things pretty slow and careful, i dont rush in a room of 50 guys and hope for the best, i like to poke and pick off guys one at a time or so, kind of like a poking/glass cannon, let me read those builds you sent one sec, and thanks

oh i should mention,. it took ,me 300 hours to get to act 4 (normal difficulty) i just beat act 4 last night lol, i play this game uncovering the map 100% and exploring 100% ( just so i dont miss anything)

i have not even tried act 5-7 yet

1 Like

OMFG that is EXACTLY what i am looking for 100% thank you!! lol it looks so fun :smiley:

Congrats!

I’m glad I could be of help!

A couple of words on the recommendations I included:

The first build is enabled a great deal (on doom bolt cooldown reduction in particular) by endgame items, so your mileage in emulating that playstyle at an earlier stage of the game will be limited. That being said, I think the premise of the playstyle is super cool.

The second build (ATV) has a wonderful write-up that includes a leveling guide with recommended items for all stages of the game, example grimtools at different levels, etc. to use (or not use) as you see fit. All-around great resource.

ya i checked the entire doom god skill calculator build and i see that it will be very long and difficult to get the items, and it will be a slow start to get there, but i am looking forward to it :slight_smile:

1 Like

if anyone else is reading this and has played “heros of the storm” the play style seems like, tracer, gengi, orphea, or samuro or illidan

If you’re interested in leveling your sentinel as a vitality caster for consistency with the endgame build, here’s a really thorough resource you can consult if you’d like (though since it does assume the reader has very little prior knowledge of the game, you may have to do a bit of sifting through info you already know):

that is very helpful :slight_smile:

is there a build like the doom god, but weapon based instead of caster based?? (obviously there will be differences, but similar play style)

also ya, i put in 750 hours into this game before act 3 came out, so i am pretty much a new player from that point on, ( put in 300 hours since then)

Try Nightblade that uses

• Shadow Strike
  • Amarasta Blade Burst
  • Ring of Steel

can be played with various masteries and damage types.

1 Like

i tried that, but it lacks disengagement, also the only thing that works well with those skills vs bosses is shadow strike, the other 2 skills lack the DPS ( in my opinion) for long and sustained fights

it leaves me feeling like i am constantly running in circles waiting for shadow strike to recharge, and thats my only single target attack, which leaves 3 seconds of non-DPS inflicting

if i basic attack during the recharge of shadow strike, it leaves me vulnerable to being attacked because the build lack disengage, ( and falls under the category of " hold down button until target dies", which defeats the purpose of the builds i am looking for )

Vire Might (Vanquisher or custom) and Shadow Strike (Morgoneth, custom acid, less so Dunefiend) builds are most mobile. Blitz is there also but it seems clunky to me. As for judgment and positioning, I suggest runes, Rune of Hagarrad on Chillwhisper - also one of the strongest offensively builds atm. Actually, I do recommend that Chillwhisper infiltrator, it’s that kinda jump in, drop dmg, jump out playstyle. And you got a cheaper but still endgame viable version of it in easy-to-get Silver Sentinel.

You need to max that NJE, and use cooldown reduction items. SS DPS comes from lowering the cooldown.

You got medal runes for that. And if it’s not enough, do dervish for Vire Might.

1 Like

ya1 those are all very good recommendations thanks :slight_smile: i had no idea that NJE even reduced cooldowns, i have been avoiding the final act because i wanted to complete AoM before i got there, but it sounds like getting those runes are pretty ipmportant, so thanks il try that :slight_smile:

based on all of your recommendations i have a pretty good idea on some build and play styles i wana try out, thanks everyone :slight_smile:

I dabbled with the Commando archtype for a short period of time. Demolitionist and Soldier. I used a rifle with fire as my damage type. I would plop down the mortar ‘the big one’ and would fire away with Fire Strike while that mortar is pounding mobs from above. If mobs go too close to me I would use either Grenado, Canister Bomb, or Thermite Mines. I like Canister Bomb better for short/medium range.

It’s not very complicated, but you do have to wittle large packs down or a strong mob with lots of hit points. I scrapped the character because at the time, I was looking for something with a little more AOE to weaken packs and tough mobs before I hack at them with a primary attack or close/medium range spell.

LOL… just noticed your name was Commando. HAHA! No kidding. I guess I was more focused on the topic and responses. So, the class/combo idea wasn’t a take at your name. Funny how things work out tho.