Move +1 to all skills from Shattered Guardian complete bonus to the amulet

Literally the most useless resist in the game btw.

Not in crucible to be honest, and not in SR I’m sure.

Heck, I’ve been disrupted for literally 4 seconds in main campaign while levelling my dark one’s ritualist, and I have no idea how that happened.

I don’t get the point spanksalot is trying to convey. He started saying that the change to the SG amulet affected melee build? Like, how? How did the removal of a +1 to all skills severely affect the performance of melee builds?

Well*, prior to SR change, many DW builds were using SR ammy and over-performing - not going to deny that.

So when the + skills got shifted to the SR set, and things became difficult, it just seems natural to me for most DW builds to then adopt the entire SR set.

Julius Crowley, the Mindbender can do it.

omg. it WAS that mfk :rofl:

cronley has a 5s? disrupt, grava has a big disrupt too. There’s a chthonian harbinger hero that has a 4-5s disrupt on it. There’s a small handful that will disrupt you infrequently, then there’s puddles. Can’t think of much beyond that.

Skill disruption doesn’t work on acid pools because you will get disrupted regardless if you stand on them. Because Skill Disruption caps at 80%. Only other skill disruption are Grava’s Blitz and it’s easily avoidable and Cronley’s 7% chance to skill disrupt with a melee attack.

I have builds with 0% skill disruption and skill disruption is never an issue, even on high SR.

A couple Cronley heroes also have long lasting disrupts.

Yeah, but those enemies are the ones which get you killed in end game content.

1. Right you are about acid pools. But disrupt resist allows you to get back into the fight as soon as possible. The last thing I’d personally want is to run around with my thumb up my bum for a couple of seconds after getting out of an acid pool, only to have another pool dumped on me again. It’s not as uncommon as you think.

2. I don’t deny that it’s possible for some builds to get away with 0 disrupt resist. But it better damn well be worth the trade off. Until recently, I’ve never once considered disrupt res as a necessary component in ANY build I theorycrafted. And now, I find myself constantly weighing the pros and cons of forgoing arcane harmony pants, or “gildam arcanum” suffixes.

The point I was trying to make is that this increase in enemy CC has some very understandable ramifications to it. Which is why I can understand OP’s desire to return +1 to all skills to SR ammy, though I don’t think that that’s the right solution.

I think lowering the general amount of CC enemies can put out, or increasing CC caps on all specs is the best way to go about it, because that will increase diversity (i.e. no SR ammy = bis scenario)

What’s the most annoying thing about acid pools is that it’s a fucking cheap ass shot. There’s no outplaying it.

You either build around it (e.g. arcane harmony, ghoul, armor stacking, etc.) or you suffer the consequences.

Shame we can’t…you know…interrupt the cast…

1 Like

I think that’s very possible in MC, but it’s damn near impossible to pick up in SR/crucible because there’s just so many things going on.

Sometimes I even lose track of the mouse, and I have to pause the game to reorient myself :stuck_out_tongue:

Not entirely true. The disruption pools tick per second you can still have time to blink for easy escape if you have enough disrupt resist.

If you know who’s casting it, sure. But unlike arcane heroes and null there isn’t any unique indicator of who can cast the disruption pools. Honestly, aside from that one crab on wave 152, I don’t know who else does it.

I think you both missed the joke.

OK, OK you want to add CC, so that can boss mechanics including Disruption can be interrupted. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

That reminds me: how’s the mod working, @Ceno ?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Haven’t touched it or GD in a while.

I opposed this change too before. But now, I think the changes of SR amulet is right. Its previous status with +1 to all skills are too powerful indeed and render most of amulet obsolete.

And yes, this is the reason why melee or dw melee are the weakest in cruci now. The debuffs from trash n hero mob are too significant now, making dw, physical, and pierce with their poor AoE, expose to it too long.

1 Like

-1. SR set is not interesting, but it is one of the best sets in GD. There is no need to change.

1 Like