Moving a new cow instead of slaugthering it

I have a village with ten barns full of cows. I then decide to build another barn. On new year new cow as born creting a cow surplus. The ten extra cows in the full barns are then instantly slaughtered while the new barn is empty. I think it would be a nice feature if the slaughter functionality first ha d alook to see if there is an empty barn, and if so, filled that barn up before the surplus cows were slaughtered. Or ther could be an option to do this, in a similar fashon as with the auto fertilize feature.

you can move cows in advance to new barn

Why don´t you move 5 cows into the new barn after building it?

1 Like

Thanks Mitr and Frantic. I just think it would be nice with a degree of automation, like the auto fertilizing of felds. The game seems to require building 10-15 barns and if the player wants to focus on other things in the game for a while, the cows would manage them selves in the meantime.

Why? You don’t have to build 15 barns at the same time. You can upgrade your first barn to level 2 with 20 cows. Then move 5 cows to a new 2nd barn, that’s it. New cows are born there and you can also upgrade it to level 2. There will automatically be more cows growing in all barns. You don’t have to do anything else. Build a barn, move cows, bring it to level 2, that’s all you have to do. No more focus needed.

The only time you get meat from a barn is when your barn gets overpopulated. This means you will not get any (or only small amounts?) before the barn is full. When building new farms and constantly moving a few cows from the barn with most cows, you will play for a long time without any barn full, and hence, no slaughter and not meat or furs. So there is a point in getting a barn full as soon as possible. If all surplus cows were to be transfered to other barns before being slaughtered all barns would be full much quicker than moving a few cows and wait. There is big difference there.

Each Barn has twice the allotment of Herders and they have as much room for improvement in performance as the old Arborists did.

It’s difficult to sustain the need for hides now, even with that much Labor invested, for just six or twelve hides production allowed per year, per Barn @ max pop.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.