My feedback after a month

After trying the game out and about here is my list of improvements that should be made to the game. This is only my opinion but I support it unconditionally. ^^

• Added a work zone to buildings such as smokehouses, compost yard, so that you no longer see them crossing half the map to fetch goods that they could take right next to them.

• Allow buildings to be rotated one degree by one degree so they can be placed smoothly along curved paths. To facilitate rotations, it would be perfect if you could turn to the left or to the right. The left and right arrows on the keyboard are not used by the game, it might be wise to assign them this function.

• Have a “Produce up to X items” option in all production buildings. When the number of items drops below the limit, the workers return to work to maintain the stock. The ideal would be a box in which to type the maximum number of items to be produced. By default, the number would be 999 = produce to infinity.

• In storehouses, have the possibility to deactivate a category with a single click. Unchecking all the items in the food section is tedious.

• Review the glass sector. It’s hard to support two Preservist Buildings. Already that sand is quite rare on most maps combined with a massive use of glassware…
    Why not produce stoneware pots? It’s very old (10th century in China and 14th century in Europe). Sandstone is clay with a bit of sand. Resources already present in the game. The manufacture of stoneware pots could be entrusted to the pottery after improving the building. What would we do with glassware? See the next point.

• The glass factory could produce glasses used in taverns. Provided that drinking a beer does not cost a glass otherwise we end up with the same problem as for the cannery currently. Each year a percentage, to be determined, of the glasses would be broken and would therefore have to be replaced.

• Ability to hide trees by pressing a key. Because when you are in a lush area you have to throw paths and buildings at random and when, finally, the workers have cut the trees, put everything in place correctly.

• The warning message of the arrival of the looters, 1 time out of two I dont see it because it is drowned in the other notifications. The idea would be to either place it in the center of the map or add a red border to the game window.

I think that’s all… For now ^^

4 Likes

I knew I had forgotten something important!
Here is :

• Ability to hide trees by pressing a key. Because when you are in a lush area you have to throw paths and buildings at random and when, finally, the workers have cut the trees, put everything in place correctly.

Glass is a lot more intensive resource wise, so it seems a bit wasteful to think it into a common pub, that’s more of a modern thing.
I suggest tankards and they’re easily made of wood; that more rough, rustic thing. Some with plates for food.

Glass, due to it’s expense, seem far more high society/noble feeling.

Dear gods, yes!

1 Like

Now that I have tried the version with looters, I have a request:

• The warning message of the arrival of the looters, 1 time out of two I dont see it because it is drowned in the other notifications. The idea would be to either place it in the center of the map or add a red border to the game window.

Another thing that absolutely must be improved is the choice of housing by the villagers.

I still noticed a rather crazy thing. I build a district far from my starting city because all the minerals are in abundance there. I start by building the houses, the well, the market etc. And when the neighborhood is populated, I build the mines.
But I see that the rats are proliferating and the rat catcher is not doing its job. I click on his icon to follow him in order to understand.
I note that he has settled in a house as far away as possible from his place of work. So he crosses half the map to go eat, to go drink, to warm up, to stock his house and finally he tells himself that it’s time to go to work and off he goes again to cross half of the map. He will only take care of the market and the attic and then go back to the other end of the map to go drink. Leaving the infested warehouse.

I then looked at who lived in the mining district and, oh surprise! Everyone who lives there has been working since the start of the game in the main district. And, of course, the miners went to live in the main district. It would be silly to live close to your place of work ^^

It would be good to code that workers should live as close as possible to their place of work. Because right now the situation is really absurd.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.