My honest as fuck opinion about GD and comparison to TQ part 2

I can compare this with the diablo 2 dot net community, there people post builds in all kinds of flavors:
Effective farmers, HC chars, “stupid/themed” builds, “regular” builds which often are some kind of lower tier-geared versions of cookie cutter builds. Perhaps it is because Diablo 2 is a much older game with a more matured audience idk, I just wanted to point out that build diversity is much bigger there than here - at least when it comes to “performance”.

Still this has nothing to with the actual game or the developer, people can post whatever they want, there is no rule that your char needs to do crucible or shattered realm to be included in the compendium - it only needs to be more or less finished and played (i.e. level 100, have most of its skill and attribute points from quests collected etc). And there are plenty of “budget” builds posted on the forum and in the compendium too

1 Like

Adios indeed…

But seriously the less said about Diablo 3 the better…

It’s the most nonsensical part of a very salty wall of text. I don’t know why you felt the need to compare your builds to the forum standards. i don’t ever own the crucible, my builds i know won’t achieve half the results top tier builds have (i don’t expect to go past 50 in SR for exemple and maybe even that will be too high a goal). i just don’t care in the least as long as i have fun with my builds. yesterday i just beat FG Ultimate for the first time, and i’m always having new ideas of builds (most of them will turn trash but i’ll still have fun leveling them), and i’m eager to start farming the rogue likes because they’re cool and rewarding.
you shouldn’t let people tell you what is fun or good for you in a solo game, and learn to listen yourself instead.

Wow. Just… wow.

Read the entire “essay” twice. because I am a masochist, and the first read just did not make my brain hurt quite enough. I think I am there now.
Next time, please, some greater contradictory fake outrage, please? I generally enjoy reaching climax a bit more quickly than this OP allowed me to.

My honest as fuck opinion about this thread topic:

I find this notion of Crate catering to ‘‘racers’’ absurd, since it is precisely people running the Crucible who complain after every patch that their favorite build can’t do 6 minute runs anymore. I mean, sorry for bluntness, but this post is so full of *hit, that it isn’t even funny. After every patch, the reaction from the community is crying because of nerfs, and dead builds (that poor, poor N&O Infiltrator, Pyran Shieldbreaker…), and then this guy comes here and accuses Crate of precisely the opposite thing. Like everyone except for him is stupid and doesn’t read the forum

The only thing I read

1 Like

Really don’t know why you bothered to post your rant (because that’s what it is). If you’re done with the game fine, move on.

Needless to say I disagree with your post, but the quoted part I find most hilarious. Never join forums about offline games - well excuse me, but isn’t TQAE an offline game? You should not pick up games that were already made years ago - again TQ is a hell of a lot older than GD.

I love TQ and I’m pleased to see THQNordic adding to the content, but better than GD because of that? Sorry, but no. There are improvements, but also still a hell of a lot more that could be done to improve the game even more. Ideally for me would probably be they licence the GD engine and port the whole game over. As for the QoL features most of those were suggested because the beta testers also play GD and wanted to bring those features to TQ - now there’s a surprise. Personally, I’ve turned off most of the new features because I don’t particularly like the way they’re implemented and so find them more annoying than useful.

I bought into GD because of Iron Lore devs being involved and it using the TQ engine, it was a risk but I hoped it would be similar enough that I would like the game. It took a long while for GD to equal TQ for me, but it’s done it. They’re equal #1 for me and I enjoy both, even though they have their differences. You oviously don’t and that’s fine, everyone is different. Go back to TQ and enjoy it to the full, leave the rest of us to enjoy GD.

I think someone that doesn’t have problems (mental health/illness or stress/anxiety) wouldn’t come to write such a post. @USER_NAME_01, what’s the real issue? It’s not GD, it’s not the community. Is it that people are moving on from TQ just as you’re getting the most out of it and you sense that community going?

Are you wanting something to move on to from TQ but get frustrated you’re not finding the same magic?

Can you take a break? Have a holiday? Catch up with friends? The issues you list are only problems if you come online to find them. GD is an off-line game you can enjoy however you damn well like, even coming with a range of (excellent) mods to try out, or not.

Re-read your post and ask yourself if that’s the person you want to be. If not, ask for help or focus on the things that make you happy, don’t spread misery and bring others down just because you’re feeling short-changed.

Take care, we’re all going to get back to enjoying GD :wink:

Not going to get a reply since he’s been banned from the forum.

Also I am not sure if people are aware he has been banned and most likely won’t be re-reading this topic…

Ah right. Probably best to close the thread then…

Can I ask you @USER_NAME_01 if TQ was such a gem why you abandoned it and cheated on it with GD? :smiley:
TQ was a great game for its time . I played for hours before GD. But I can’t make myself play it again because I miss too many QoL from GD, devotions, damage conversion, skill modifiers on gear and all that stuff. TQ seems too empty for me atm. I see the caves and tombs in TQ (and you have only caves and tombs as TQ dungeons) and feel they are too similar. Areas in TQ are beautiful but too repetitious. Droprates for legendary items are abysmal. Too many useless skills there. TQ component system requires micromanagement and cluttering the stash beyond all measure. Still TQ is a good game but just not up to the modern standards.

Post ain’t empty discourse.