My honest as fuck opinion about GD and comparison to TQ

I mean, TQ has 4 and Grim Dawn has 3. That’s just one less. :stuck_out_tongue:

I mean, i wouldn’t be against another Lox type enemy in a FG area though.

They just appear when you’re famous and I am famous no matter what I do, and in GD I am famous in elite. :cry:

you still have the superbosses in Ultimate then :wink:

Assasins creed boring fact, I played the first one boring. Very boring, very boring mid to end.

And I never played tq but seeing tq and playing Grim Dawn, Grim Dawn is better fact.

Another factor that makes me like GD less than TQ is the exclusiveness of end/important bosses. Grim Dawn doesn’t have anything like that.
crowd WHOA, WHOA, WHAT DO YOU MEAN!? GD HAS PLENTY OF EXCLUSIVE STUFF IN END OR IMPORTANT BOSSES, YOU’RE WRONG!
What I mean by that is that Titan Quest has some cool boss-exclusive skills, for example, Telkine making a rock rain in the cave, then picking up random of the stones and throwing them at you (the Telkine from the end of Orient), Charon making the water pillars (which actually appear when fighting the Slith boss in the formula quest from Devil’s Crossing - yes, I don’t know almost any names from GD), hellish fire from the fissures when fighting Cerberus or even Typhon’s meteor shower, flame breath, mana and health drain, basically everything Typhon and Hades have is boss-restricted. Yes, you can argue that not many hero monsters use any skills, and that bosses are kinda more unique than in GD, while the super uniqueness is handed to Nemesis and Super Bosses, which, yet again, are only unique by the factor of defense and damage - skills are literally the same.

Basically, when you’re facing a boss you expect it having something big, huge, superior, while in GD we just get either a larger effect of the skill that already exist (PFX) or just additional stats, for example RR. Titan Quest didn’t really have anything like this, if a boss had a skill it had one job and it did the job, well actually two jobs, 1. look super cool, good, strong and sacry as fuck 2. annihilate, while in GD it’s just the point 2. You went to kill Typhon, you were like, okay, this guy looked cool as fuck in the cave, was huge, moved like something that would one-shot me, hell yeah, let’s prepare. You go face it, and you’re like, “HOLY SHIT THE SKY ARE FALLING ON ME!”, “HOLY SHIT HE’S SUCKING MY SOUL!” and you’re very surprised on wtf is going on. Side note, there were monsters that also could breathe fire, but they could not drain your soul the way Typhon did - that’s cool!

And honestly, the most outstanding monster that is in GD is Lokarr, why? His auto attacks are unique as fuck, his fire-lightning bolt is maybe less unique, but still unique because I think… no wait, even Shar’Zul has that… Oh well, I tried…

Yes I know PFX’es are not easy to make, yeah, sure, but you know, if a boss is unique, why shouldn’t it have something that shows the uniqueness? Just a thought, not that every boss should now get unique skills.

I’ll maybe keep on updating this thread if I’ll get something new in my mind.

1 Like

I agree. I hope Forgotten Gods surprise us with new attack animations from these bosses. So far I have seen some repeated reused ones but we only scratching the surface of the expansion so I am still hopeful.

Titans quest all around good game fairly good story, only annoying aspect is creating artifacts and needing a bazillion recipes to do so with limited stash.

Grim Dawn all around fun game, builds are fun to mess around with. Story is forgettable and notes on the ground just become free xp as they are boring to read.

D2 all around great game story amazing, skills fun- introduction of OP runewords makes playing a chore to find Highrunes to make them nearly impossible

D3 vanilla was fun if you can get over the “give me items now”mentality of millennials. Once the game became a loot drop rainbow it got boring real fast or as it’s know riftablo why play stupid story?

PoE- dumb just dumb, skill tree is ridiculous and a turn off to many with better things to do than learn it.

Wolcen- played for a bit but boring

Diablo 1- please let me run!!! But amazing game

Marvel hero’s- I hate these random people in what I want to be a solo game—-delete

Torchlight- cartoon junk

Last epoch- beta version nearly killed my computer with bad programming/virus??!! Won’t touch it again

Dungeon Siege- awesome game but please res pawn monsters upon restarting game without having to play multiplayer

DS2- never played

DS3- No just No

Holy thread necromancy, batman. I’m surprised this train wreck wasn’t locked already…

In any case: GD is a fun game and I think anyone who is on this forum for more than just trolling can agree with that. I enjoyed TQ back in the day (IT remains one of my favorite expansions to any game ever) though I prefer Grim Dawn by a mile these days. Everyone is welcome to their own opinion, of course, but spreading outright negativity like our friend USER_NAME seems pretty pointless to me.