Nature's Call Regalia +X to Summon Briarthorn

Just a quick suggestion, Nature’s Call Regalia set’s main focus is on the Briarthorn pet but the whole set only gives +2 to the summon skill. This makes it difficult to max it leaving few options to get the most out of your briarthorn (probably opting for a mix of blues and greens to max the skill out, depending on your build). Giving the set a few more to this skill opens up builds around this set to more non-set options.

2 Likes

show me how it’s hard to get +8 skills to briar with beastcaller only taking up 4 slots
“things with + summon briarthorn”
also keeping in mind usual stuff like +shammy or +1all skills

the point of beastcaller is to get an extra summon, which is a powerful bonus, adding another bunch of +free skills ontop, after they just made base briar stronger, would be kinda nuts… imo - don’t get greedy :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hi there, so it’s not exactly hard if you don’t mind whether the item complements your build or if you’re using a few epics over legendaries. Every other set gets far more than +2 toward their main support pet. I’m just saying another +2 or so would open up more options if you want to use this set for different themed pet builds. They don’t have to straight add them for free, maybe take them from something else.

Show me how easy it is to make a good build using all those +skill items without relying on double rare MIs.

The point is not to look at items in vacuum and then talk about things you don’t understand.

2 Likes

its not 2017 anymore.

yeah pros just need to read patch notes to know that builds are dead :slight_smile: no need to playing the game

I GDStash my builds. That is no secret. Others do not. And I am not going to look down or pretend as if their time means nothing or that getting the affixes you need on a particular MI is easy even with the MI patch.

And yes, when you have been playing, experimenting and building something from day 1, figuring out how it has been changed from looking at tweaks to numbers isn’t hard.

2 Likes

who said you had to use all of them?
briar offhand, +1 skill on amulet, belt and/or relic, that’s 5 minimum, leaving you to dabble 3 from “something” if you demand hardcap, which doesn’t seem super unreasonable for a set that supports like 4 pets, when the other sets only support 1 or 2
(and even my +19 briar doesn’t blow totally after the patch)

Like I said, make an actual build and then post the results of its performance. Then we can discuss this and how reasonable and unreasonable things are.

No reading patch notes is enough :wink:

1 Like

maya, i’m running an old version of your beastcaller, and it’s doing fine, at least for my runs/type of casual play, and it’s not hardcapped, nor even using briar offhand/2020+ items
my skeletons are also doing fine, and the bird, in mediocre builds, because my sht sucks, tho the skeletons are definitely using 2020 items :joy:

If I were arguing against someone like MadLee, sure.

Define fine. Give GT link.

I have killed Crate with Lost Souls Skeletons. I still don’t consider it to be fine or even a decent build.

But you basically announced your retirement even without playing your builds in the new patch, now you demand others to make builds and testplay them :wink:

This is because you have played 8k hours only as summoner, and thus have a weird view on reality.

Yes, because

fine as in can kill lokar and do sr 65 (that stuff is enough for me)
even tanky skeles die to ravager (obviously) and i don’t ever bother with crate (i die to the tornado on the way @_@)

When someone who is used that killing crate is not even a “decent” build… killing lokarr is not fine :sweat_smile:

that’s because weak skeles kill crate slower and make it a bigger hassle than than ex conjurer that just nukes him
and i agree with maya on that, big flaw of lost souls is vit dmg, without getting enough RR, so the skele dmg can be rather low
@Maya my 2020 skeletons https://www.grimtools.com/calc/nZo0kvQN “tanky edition” (my attempt was to make them not brittle and not die to ravager in 2seconds /meh)

Waiting for the second “you don’t know what you are talking about”

1 Like

Exactly. I am talking about SR 90+ and stuff like Callagadra and Crate.

Pretty much every pet build in existence will breeze through Lokarr and SR 75-76, even Ravager.

But beyond that, they will struggle.

However, the point OP is making is that currently, Pet’s power is tied to maxing out the Skills and Mythical Beastcallers provide much less points compared to other Pet sets.

If you fix that by going for other items, you still need to make sure they synergize with the actual build.

Conversions take up slots (Beastcaller doesn’t have any), you need to worry about pet resistances, player stats etc and can’t blindly go for +Skills.

Scorpius pummeler for eg, will lock you into bleed/acid build. If you are say, going for Lightning Beastcaller’s you are taking weapon + 2 ring slots or amulet for conversion alone.

You can go Briar off-hand, amulet + MI weapon, all with +skills and get 26/16 Briar if you wish, sure. But then you are locked into that if you want a maxed Briar.

Take something like Lost Souls for eg and you don’t get that problem.

Aye, all those greens :woman_shrugging:

And 2.5k DA won’t really survive against tougher content without OA Shred.

Pets can only act as tanks so much.