Nature's Call Regalia +X to Summon Briarthorn

2 Likes

Of course I can find it again, it is just a matter of uploading to GT :wink:

But you are way better pet builder than me, I am sure you can figure it out yourself.

1 Like

I don’t think I can figure out the impossible.

2 Likes

this turned from a “beastcaller could kinda deserve more +briar” to “you know how to test that” :rofl:

1 Like

One thing I know about Grim Dawn is that, topics rarely tend to stay on topic…

3 Likes

I had one of my thread split into another thread, and that thread went off-topic 3 times :sweat_smile:

But anyway, if physical pets is the weakest and worst of them all, I am pretty confident that the other pet builds are also just fine.

Also, I think the signals the “elite” builders sent can be missinterpted “pet builds are ded” more casual ppl and beginners will then not even consider them because “they read it on the forums”. But thing is, they can still do the relevant end-game content.

1 Like

seriously tho, from a “elite pet builder” perspective, how hard do you really/“objectively” feel beastcaller/briar has suffered in performance
the guy i talked to on the steam forum (another filthy casul like myself no doubt) also said his was fine - but neither of us are running, nor even expecting, pushing SR90, like ever. We do “regular content”, minor celestial shenanigans, maybe, and regular SR farming, which means the highest we go would be 76, tho that isn’t really called for anymore

Unless you count Pierce Pet builds…
(there is a reason why you haven’t heard of them)

I see it from another perspective.

Gnomish for eg said that he took double my times for stuff like superboss kills.

I have had a few players tell me my builds were hard to play.

I am used to Pets. I build around my playstyle and preferences. Some might find it suited for them, others might not.

I am used to piloting my builds to near perfection while new players won’t have that luxury.

Can I kill Callagadra with my fluffy squishy in the current patch? I am sure I can, easily.
Can I do SR 90+, I am sure I can do that as well.
Crate? I am not so sure given its unique mechanics, but add consumables into the mix and I should be able to pull it off if I try hard enough.

But can I give the build to a random person and have them provide similar results?
I want them to be able to, that is kind of the core of my design philosophy along with maximum laziness.

Objectively speaking, 99% of the playerbase won’t notice any difference.

Early game should be much easier and so leveling should go smoothly compared to before (for pets in general)

Pushing into deeper SR will rely a lot more on chance and instead of simply beefing up your pets and enjoying the passive player stats you get as a result, the build making process becomes a harder puzzle to solve.

Thunderstruck / of Kings, I can see becoming popular for those who still want to push deeper shards.

Celestials will be a pain, not to actually kill, but to slog through the boredom of longer fights.

Diviner reap spirits will become the new fluffy squishy as they don’t care about useless stuff like pet defense or skill points for maxing out their non existent line of skills.

2 Likes

ye but except for Crate, maybe ravager and couple of “niche” builds, ex retal, personally i’ve always been used to the Celestials being a slog, and frankly why i don’t even bother doing them anymore, like i can’t even remember when i last bothered to attempt mogdrogen to “test run” a build, because on the upside he kills you in 1 min, “best” case scenario you kill him in 5, worst case you’re looking at a 10minute leftclick contest… which i just don’t think is interesting
Crate i’ve accepted not all builds can contend with, specially not most of my stupid ideas,
Lokarr ofc i know doesn’t really matter to many, but i feel like he’s a nice starter gauge,
and if i feel ballsy i might give Rabagur a whirl,
but Calla kinda falls in the same pit as Moggy, just worse… :unamused:

I am used to using Cally as my training dummy.

Callagadra kill:

<12mins = good

under 16 = decent, but needs looking into

16-20 = something went wrong unless Skeleton or Phys pet build.

20+ = Unless Skeleton or meme, delete and never speak of it again.

Ravager kill times are usually <5m for good builds, but anything more than 8 and you might see me post it once and then never touch it again. (Skeletons and memes get a pass ofcourse)

Crate is kind of an exception due to its unique mechanics as you need to have a certain kind of build for it.

My issue with moggy is mostly that you can only fight him once and need to reset map & quest files to fight him again…

2 Likes

Ulvar, pls share the build link of your physical pet conjurer who killed Callagadra 1.1.9.0. Would like some input of what i am doing wrong being unable to take her down.

Maybe I do that when Maya starts playing current patch :wink:

Meh, I probably will eventually since I have been wanting to try this [Mod] Nydiamar (Update 13)

So I’ve never attempted Ravager or Calla before, as I’ve heard that you need some ridiculous defenses to withstand their attacks. What sort of defenses are we talking about for these fights? 80% Phys resistance? 50% overcap on everything? Enough cooldown so we can resummon and forget? Not being snarky; I fought Mogdrogen once with a non-pet Commando so I could be part of the toxic elitist club and even with 150% overcap and 2,000 health regen, I was facing serious damage spikes. I imagine the other two are even worse and with damage types you can’t easily overcap.

Also, I herd there was some talk about birbs. What did I miss?

On a Pet build? almost anything can do Ravager. no special requirements.

For Cally… min requirements: Birds of Bysmiel - Pet Occultist :stuck_out_tongue:

So not much really.

About birbs, they got -3% nerf on weapon dmg per projectile on their attack. But got compensated by increased radius and weap dmg increase on lightning strike. So not much of a nerf in the grand scheme of things.

1 Like

Ugh oh…

I’m afraid you’ve already demonstrated exactly how hard reading numbers and words is for you. So I would forgive anyone who doesn’t just take your word from the get-go.

1 Like

Sorry, who are u again?

2 Likes

Pet Malders LUL

1 Like

Completely irrelevant in contrast to my input. Or did you spend too much time on Reddit?

1 Like

I am curious because I am used to trolls being atleast entertaining.

1 Like