Nature's Call Regalia +X to Summon Briarthorn

Ravager is easy mode on pets though.

1 Like

Says something about how broken pet builds are :smiley:

3 Likes

It has been like that for ages. Even Skeletons can kill Ravager easily…

2 Likes

And fast too I suppose.

Pets true challenge is naked Crucible with extra spawns. I did one successful run with my Winter birds but with lots of kiting and 10 minutes time :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Skeletons are slow on ravager actually, atleast compared to other pet builds.

1 Like

It is friday after all :beers:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZRPxy92

13 min and some seconds. I took some breaks to dry my hands and the accuracy of the seconds is therefore not top notch.

• NOTE I did nothing special for calla, this is regular set-up.
  • And also note, this is not a bleed based pet build, I tried to keep it as pure physical as possible.
  • And further note, I am by no means even decent at pet builds - this is just something I threw together after gathering some nice greens on other chars and thought “hey physical pet builds suck they say, let’s see what that means compared to other kind of builds” xD

Sometimes, Briars go from 100% to 0% hp in 1 second against her :slight_smile:

I have hesitated posting this shit build, because there are way better pet builds to consider. Happy for any kind of feedback!

Something I need to point out. Your choice of greens actually fixed part of the problem.
65% total damage modifier on a Pet build with already 1.5k Pet attack on top of all the RR + armor shred = those 15 Phys dmg sources actually do something rather than get canceled out by enemy armor.

Also, the CDR on Briarthorn is a tremendous boost against Cally.

So now that you did show the build, I can safely say that I believe those numbers. Could be faster with GDStashed affixes for perfect rolls and such even.

1 Like

Yeah I have considered to try a GD-stashed version as well. Perhaps also test with and without Maul proc active, similar as I did with my Warlord.

DR on Briar? You mean DR on Hellhound? (ok you edited, CDR on Briar yeah it is very nice)

Calla can go down a bit quicker with other ring/amulet augments too.

Maybe I do a build thread for this one, wanna record some videos too and get some feedback on my piloting.

BTW, this is like the 3rd time I ask this, is the “total damage modified” also accounting for the pets skills (ground slam) and devotions attached to pet?

I wish you all a happy weekend and I salute you with a tanky birb

(EDIT: I tried to beat the time now, was too greedy and died :frowning: )

@Gnomish_Inquisition basically that was my idea when I made my build “just get + briar” :smiley:

2 Likes

I was going to type CDR, but missed the C :rofl:

It should although I am only 99% sure.

Thanks, but my Birbs look like this now:

(They are in their emo phase)

1 Like

Emo Birbs, sounds like a good build name :wink:

1 Like

THanks, interesting idea on the maul.

Your rings are gorgeous, never ever had anything close.

Bit defensive setup, but since it works, then it’s great!

I prefer more agressive setup with bleed rings: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RVvRo5JV

Probably with the nerf to Primal Spirit there is no sense in going Oleron, will need to respec the devotions.

Pity we can’t get Mogdrogen and Ishtak together (at least without many sacrifices).

spend a few hours abusing the vendor in Bastion of Chaos, fastest way to “drop” those rings. STill you have better amulet and off hand.

Because of the +phys res on pets I have, the more you can stack the better - each extra % will be more and more worth.

Yeah but as mentioned, idea was to take physical pets to “the limit” and not relying on bleed.

Truth be told it is best-in-slot suffix/prefix on off-hand and amulet, i don’t have them, it’s more like an aiming goal.

I used to try blue-yellow route with Assassin’s blade (there was no Jailor and Staff of Rattosh by that time, and Maul was not as it is now), it used to be OK for main campaign but very-very slow in SR and Crucible, i could not kill the stuff fast enough and all the toughness was in vain, so i switched to Bleed and went for Mogdrogen.

Now with buff to phys damage on pets and Maul proc things are completely different.

Turns out it is possible to get Mogdrogen and Ishtak: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YVWvpW02

Not sure it’s worth since there are no damaging devotions for pets.

@Maya

Time to take another run at Father Kymon with Fire Skeletons? :rofl:

I don’t know! it’s been buffs after buffs to that build nonstop ever since but it IS papa kymon.

1 Like

Use this for encouragement:

5 Likes

as do players :laughing:

1 Like

Just as I remembered it. BTW Kymon won the first round - I am rusty with the year of hiatus.

On a more serious note, this build needs to go back to the drawing board. It was made back when I needed Bysmiel for the phys to ele conversion, and stormbringer of malmouth was the only way for me to convert vitality into something relevant. Furthermore Call of the Grave lost it’s healing. I tried this with lost soul ammy instead of empowered spiritstone charm and it shows - pets die even faster due to lack of elem resists. There is also widow constellation in the build and lost a third ghost by changing from solael to lost soul shoulders (but gained valuable player resists).

Furthermore I’m relying on a normal base impervious of caged souls rare ring to keep my pierce resists going - I should visit BoC again.

bonus video: failed attempt

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.