Need help and feedback with 2h EoR build

Hi all,

I’ve been trying to make an EoR build that uses a 2h melee weapon and that does either cold or lightning damage however I’m pretty terrible at making builds myself. Here’s what I have managed to cobble together after playing around with things for a couple of hours:

2h Cold EoR build
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2BvRzz2

I’m aware that resistances aren’t all capped yet and i still have open slots for augments and components but i just wanted to see if the base build and items themselves were ok to keep going with for my particular goal.

To me putting aside main resistances, there’s a couple of issues i think the build has:

• Low DA and probably OA
  • Low HP for ultimate
  • No secondary resists (i.e slow, petrify, etc)
  • Maybe Necro isn’t the best choice to do cold with?
  • Probably too many augment/component slots used on upping resists when some could be for more offence

I wasn’t sure whether i needed to focus on upping physical damage more or cold (due to the conversion from the weapon) so i mostly opted for cold since that was the goal. Item choice simply came down to:

• Does this increase EoR? Slap it in
  • Does it increase Oathkeeper skills? Chuck it in
  • Does it increase physical/cold damage? In it goes

I’m sure this has plenty of optimisations to be made so all help and advice is welcome, heck if lightning is probably a better choice i’d like to know!

2H cold has no answer
Choose a night blade that uses dual weapon for cold.
Choose a shaman to lighten it

If that’s the case perhaps 2H lightning is possible then?

I would imagine that the ideal combo for that would be Oathkeeper + Shaman?

However i remember reading somewhere that something to do with lightning EoR was nerfed drastically or something or perhaps I’m misremembering.

Are there still valid 2h Lightning EoR builds out there? I remember using one back when Forgotten Gods was first released but that was quite some time ago, the one thing i didn’t like about it was the constant need to summon wind devils and totems, i just wanted to spin!

Fire EoR paladin is lazy spin

grimtools

Thanks for the link! I might give that a try to see how it goes.

Is there any reason why this build didn’t go for the Tempest devotion when it’s got a lot of lightning damage boosting perks?

I also read that there’s a similar skill to EoR that is granted by an item with Yugol in the name however that skill from what i read isn’t as powerful as EoR and needs nuke skills to do well with it?

For cold, nothing beats chillheart weapon and either nightblade or inquisitor secondary afaik.

For lightning, yes shaman has nice support for lightning and 2h, but the best endgame set for lightning EoR is the cyclone set, which forces you into 1h+offhand. It got nerfed multiple times, however the lightning EoR part actually got a small buff this patch. It should still be good.

About yugol’s relic, yes standalone it’s weaker than EoR. All abilities from relics/sets/components are generally a bit weaker than a fully specd mastery ability. They are mostly meant to be filler abilities. So for yugol you’ll need the support of dot or nuke abilities.

For EoR Oppressor(+necro) physical, aether or vitality damage should fit the class best imo.

The best 2h EoR playstyles I know of are chaos Sentinel with tenebris scythe or possibly vitality Sentinel/Oppressor with some vit scythe (don’t remember the name).

To get a general overview over the items that support EoR go to grimtools.com click on item database and search for eye of reckoning.