Nerf end game bosses / buff items

Okay how about you do us all a favor and post a grimtools of your build

Summoners are crap and/or Mog/ Ravager are too OP. Is this ok now? Does the world make sense again?

Do you have any idea how many players did what you are doing now? Open a thread and warp reality according to their own lament instead of just asking : “How can I do this, any advice? Here’s how I tried it (post his build via grimtool)”

Keep at it like this and you will get nowhere fast and drag yet another thread like this needlessly

OP refuses to post a Grimtools of his build
His argument that was about summoners vs SuperBoss, Casters vs SuperBoss and Kill time vs SuperBoss has been reduced to nothing

I can understand the frustration if a build you’ve worked on isn’t clearing content but you are wrong in this case OP.

Unless and until you have a grimtools to share no one can help you. Don’t hold your breath for the devs to nerf the Super Bosses cause they wont as you have nothing to back up your claims while there exist plenty of videos of various builds kill the Super Bosses with relative ease

Maybe my memory is off but I remember someone mentioning that they beat Ravager with a Witching Hour Summoner.

You post all these definitive statements without a single shred of evidence to back it up…this is impossible…cannot reduce 1 pixel of health.

Either post something to back your claims up or it’s nothing more than just vague BS trying to justify your demands.

As others have said…POST INFO or stop bleating about how you cannot do this :rolleyes:

Bosses such as Mogdrogen and Ravager are incredibly tough challenges intended to test the skills and knowledge of the most experienced players who know the ins and outs of the game mechanics.

These super bosses are, because of this, purely optional and not something players actively farm, which begs the question why they are even compared to the ubers from Diablo 2, much less kill times.

Based on that bit I quoted above though, it seems there’s still more about Grim Dawn for you to figure out as OA and DA are not the end-all-be-all stats you seem to think they are. Best of luck on your journey to conquering these challenges.

Aren’t super bosses (Lokhar, Mog & Rav) more like benchmark tests for builds?
Or do you get something really good and which you can’t live w/out or is it more for ego?

What skill is involved in: fighting way overtuned inexhaustible waves of minions while the boss hits with near-unavoidable sprays and attacks from the sky, said sprays heal the caster 150% adcth? (Mogdrogen), unavoidable degen and rr auras and more sprays? (ravager of minds)? all the while no skill based defensive tools (slows, kiting) really work on them?

These are not challenges. They are gear checks. Plain and simple.

There is literally as much reason to farm these bosses as there is to grind uber tristram. You might argue that a hellfire torch is better than Mogdrogen’s Spaulders, but if you balance your game around BiS gear, well, expect people to try getting said gear.

These are not challenges. They are gear checks. Plain and simple.

That´s not right. Only gear won´t help you kill these bosses without the skills to build a decent toon.

As Rhylthar said, no amount of gear will make a build or player 100% guaranteed to beat Ravager or Mogdrogen.

These fights require knowledge of the game and what you are going up against and strategy.

Pre-expansion, I remember seeing a topic someone posted where a 2-man team took down Mogdrogen by having one person playing as a Commando built specifically to hold aggro using High Potency BWC (taking advantage of the fact that large amounts of ‘ticks’ generates threat reliably) and Clean Sweep Blade Arc and just generally built to support their partner through damage auras while they went glass cannon on him - that is strategy. And before you ask, they did mention that these character setups were made specifically for Mogdrogen and would not work for normal gameplay.

Same goes for the builds that Fluff or Weyu or others have posted that use Retaliation tanks to take out Ravager. They know what they are going up against and prepare accordingly.

There is literally as much reason to farm these bosses as there is to grind uber tristram. You might argue that a hellfire torch is better than Mogdrogen’s Spaulders, but if you balance your game around BiS gear, well, expect people to try getting said gear.

There is no reason to farm Mogdrogen or Ravager with how much health they have/how long they take to kill. That’s why they drop their exclusive Legendaries guaranteed.

Your mistake is comparing Grim Dawn to a game that threw balancing out of the window

As fun as Diablo was it was not at all balanced well. If I can literally beat the boss w/o BiS gear then what exactly is the point of having the concept of BiS gear and Loot Hunts

It takes more than gear to beat these guys, you actually need experience and need to be able to make a half decent build to take them out in a decent timeframe

Apparently Ravager and Mogdrogen are just gear checks. Welp, lemme make an ultra defensive character and i’ll kill them easily.

Oh wait, i died 5 seconds into the fight because there’s actually timing, skill management and setup in these fights besides just gear checking.

Sure, gear check is one of the major things but it’s ignorant as hell to think it’s the only thing.

Isn’t it, when beign brutally honest, as far as skills with builds go, also a bit knowing how to play with the limits of high end skill support in gear?
Some, of whos builds I have read about and who must know their stuff, have complained about gearing not supporting all skills equally.

Pre-expac we put together a group to kill Mogdrogden in 25 seconds.

Tried to find the topic I was looking for and found yours and another by Drizzto but with a 2-man Blademaster/Sorcerer from 1.0.0.4 so it’s not an uncommon strategy to have supports/tanks/pure DPSes for the fight.

Yours from what I can tell was the fastest kill though, 25 seconds is just insane :rolleyes:

Wasn’t the old cooldown-less demonslayer kill from China a little faster? Can’t quite recall.

As others have said, it often requires extensive preparation and knowledge of what you’re up against in order to take down these super bosses - made more difficult by the fact that there are three different forms of Ravager.

A good middle ground to practice building characters for are the Clones/Lokarr fights; they aren’t as difficult as Mog/Ravager, but they are definitely more challenging than almost anything else in the main game, Nemeses included. Take `em for a spin and see how things go.

No
CD-less DS set kill is slower, even Deathmark set (when the proc was broken wasn’t fast enough).
Kidpid, DaShiv(?), Drizzto and Elementoid hold the record for fastest party kill and fastest single player kill is held by the pet build (Chinese player whose build was shared to the forums by ABC)

Off-topic

I hope the Forgotten Sands superboss is as big as Theodin if not Loghorrean. I always liked huge bosses so would like a Superboss of epic proportions

for anyone asking “What is the point of having BiS items” - this (clicky on the link) is it.

FFS I am a Diablo fan and all this comparison with Diablo is making me hate the game. Get it through your head, that game was terribly balanced. You could literally punch Diablo in Hell to death. I have heard of naked players killing Minions of Destruction w/o luring Lister and his buddies away from Baal. So bad example

It is fun, it is a great game but when it comes down to balancing it’s not the best example, Grim Dawn is different

Also there are builds here that function pretty well w/o having ridiculous greens -korsar, actuanpanda, Pyroscar, InkOsk, Tz Tz and Ptriodaktill are some names I can think of who post builds that do not use monster infrequent items. So stop misleading people with your false statements and wrong comparisions

Ah, more comparisons to Diablo, because that’s all you do when it comes to criticizing Grim Dawn. How about you go play those games instead of playing this one? Maybe this one is not for you.

And of course you didn’t adressed the argument some people used here (including me) where gear check isn’t enough to kill Ravager or Mogdrogen.

Oh and apparently it’s an unbalanced as hell game. Yeah, no, not gonna take any comparison with that game (or games including 2) seriously.