Nerf,Nerf and more nerf

if you are 10 levels or more above a monster; purple crafting mats don’t drop,
meaning if you farm on Normal/Vet or Elite there is potential for “drop rates” to suddenly lower

aside from that RNGesus will be RNGesus and RNGesus will RNG :man_shrugging:blessed be:pray:

also, if you learn to farm Nemesis proper you will be disappointed less knowing how their spawns work
(think there was a Nemesis route/farming “guide” somewhere?image?)

basically whenever the game feels like it’s “screwing” you over, assume everything is working as intended and RNG is doing its job or you have missed a mechanic point :+1:

Kind of disappointed with the thread because i expected a rant about how Zantai killed a build or something similar. Instead it’s about Seals having their drop rate “nerfed”.

2 Likes

They also nerfed the nemesis spawns

Is this a joke? Or i don’t understand it correctly? I regularly farm Grava and I don’t remember having to kill Ekket to make Grava spawn.

What he meant is that you have to have killed Ekket’zul with your char to have grava spawn at all. Hence why Evil_baka wrote “for the first time”. Grava can spawn in Desolate wastes and its “voids edge”, but not if you have not killed Ekket’zul with that char.

1 Like

He said in that session though, not.in the difficulty or something like that.

But Ekket’zul can only be killed once per session so what else could it mean?

1 Like

difficulty doesn’t matter, quest progression does
it’s why you can’t use a merit, and teleport to farm grava,
he’s locked to killing Ekket, so only in subsequent sessions, on every difficulty/playthrough, can he spawn in voids edge/mourndale

1 Like

I understood his words that one has to kill ekket’zul every session, before being able to kill Grava.

Sorry, i misspoke. You only have to kill Ekket once for a character for Grava to begin spawning on that specific character. I’ll correct that in the post above.

2 Likes

The key phrase in the quote is “for the first time.”

Technically, Grava can spawn in any un-triggered spawn location (Mourndale, Cinder Wastes, Fringes of Sanity, two spawns in Void’s Edge) within the session that killed Ekket. But being as the spawn zones for Desolate Wastes and some in Void’s Edge will have been triggered on the way to Ekket, the chance for Grava to spawn within that first session is <100%.

Subsequent sessions still guarantee a 100% spawn chance regardless of whether Ekket is slain again.

3 Likes

can he even spawn in mourndale/cinder same session killed ekket?
like i’ve gone through it a “million” times, and never seen Grava in the first session :thinking:
i know rng is a thing, just seems strange given the amount of spawns that’s after Voids edge

RNGesus really showing me that love it seems :laughing:
(or my memory is just fuzzy as heck :man_shrugging: :thinking:)

As far as I know, yes.

1 Like

I have had Grava spawn in the same session that i killed Ekket for the first time.

1 Like

Nerf, nerf and more nerf Grava spawn!

Pretty sure critical hits got a massive nerf too, I hit an enemy TWICE and didn’t get a single one. With odds like that you know it has to be a flaw in the algorithm.

3 Likes

giphy%20(3)

4 Likes

i just cleared half of first couple of zones in act 1, and only got 2 slith necklaces, almost making it impossible for me to complete the quest
i then cleared the other half of sliths and only got 1 more necklace,
obviously the math doesn’t add up, specially not when you consider i used to be able to clear 1/5th of sliths and get 4+ necklaces to have spares for next playthrough
safe to conclude that obviously quest item drops, which are purple too like crafting materials as Seals, have indeed been nerfed with everything else; purely to keep us playing longer for that recurrent subscription, and hope that eventually we spend money in the cash shop to get 10% extra drop rate on “Helm of RNGesus extra custom blessing”

not amused by this new patch changes, 4 years ago everything was grindier, but at least eventually you got stuff :triumph:

1 Like

Yesterday evening I’ve farmed for ugdenbloom,10 pieces in 1h,1 BP, and 1 L from Kuba which spawned in
both runs. I was also killed by “One shot killer” who spawn after the last update more frequently than before.
One is now in Crucible when you do 160-170 runs, luckily he doesn’t spawn every time. He’s hiding behind
Kuba. 16 ugdenblooms for sacred plating is really too much.

10 blooms in 1h are you even doing it right? 80-100 per hour is more what I am used to.

Who is the one shot killer?