New Forum Feedback

Hello,

why is it no longer possible to delete private messages?

I always get the message that I have no permission to do so. However, these are my self-written messages.

In addition, since the forum update all of my already deleted private messages (even those deleted for a long time from 2018 for example), now all back.

Even the small list (over the log out button) is not emptied, if you have already read the things.

Can you still turn that off?

Thank you

I believe this is because Discourse handles PMs differently. You are effectively having a private Thread with another user, so by deleting it you’d also be deleting it from their inbox.

I guess to clean up your inbox, you can archive PMs.

1 Like

Another small thing is that the stickies always seem to be listed in the 3 threads next to a forum section, even though that part is (supposedly) meant for the latest threads.

It works properly in the middle Gameplay Discussion because that one currently has no stickies, but it’s confusing in the other two since 2 of the 3 “previews” are occupied by the stickies that are days old.

This is by design, and also why we cleaned up sticky’s.

You can unstick them on a personal level by clicking the pin.

2 Likes

I see. I guess we really do need a manual for learning how to use this forum. :wink:

I’m working on it. Bit-by-bit.

2 Likes

Just click on omnitrio icon and you will see some of his links in his card. thats what i meant

OK. Thank you…

Go into preferences, then profile. You see about me, location and then web site. The url you put in there gets displayed on your user card.

What you can also do is use the about me box for that, you probably need to use markdown to make the link display correctly.

It seems your text is too long to be displayed in the card. You can have multiple line feeds, but everything needs apparently to fit into two rows of your card. omnitrio’s text is shorter and meets these requirements.

Yup. You can use most everything in the ‘About Me’ section editor that you would use in posting replies etc. The card itself will display 3 lines worth of stuff but if someone visits your profile they can see it ‘all’. Visit my profile page for an example of how it can look. If it becomes large enough it will take on a scrollbar and everything.

I miss the right column with latest forum posts very much… it was handy for me

You get the latest ones by clicking on Latest at the top of the page. Okay, it’s not as great as selecting the final post in a thread, but clicking on a thread should take you to the last post.

I wish pressing there would also scroll down so you don’t have to do it yourself. It’s a pain to scroll so I only view new and unread. :confused:

Well, depends. If you’re up to date with a thread it should go to the last one you read so could be a few more past that. Otherwise, just click near the date/time at the bottom (anywhere the finger cursor comes up) and it’ll take you to the last one immediately.

What I wish is that the Latest stuff would clear itself after you’ve read it like reading New Posts on the old forum did. Seeing it still hanging around once I’ve read something is annoying.

thanks for the replies for the About me section etc

Actually i miss the signatures under the post and when in Grim Dawn forums on the right the streamers section.
Looks so empty now tbh, i dont know but some kind of visuals with pictures something something

For me, this is the worst forum i ever seen

Not intuitiv, look likes a reddit-like, Its realy the worst thing i ever seen

I miss the old and classy forums :frowning_face:

But I guess its only me

Hipster gonna hipster :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow, nevermind ! I’m trying to see old post, old topics and the navigation is realy worse then i expected

Can we get the old forums ?

But the design is modern and beautiful but for the others things :frowning:

Whatever, i’m sorry for my poor english and my hatred, i had to tell my opinions :frowning:

Love this game w/e <3

Short answer is no, not going back. It’s this or nothing. Old forum is dead.

I think someone said that Discourse forum are not indexed at google and bad at SEO. Apparently it is indexed so not sure if he meant something else.

It’s takes some adjustment to how we perceived forums to be but I think it’s good improvement in many ways.