New Forum Feedback

I don’t like the new forums in the slightest. The interface is garbage imo. I don’t come here often so my opinion is probably irrelevant, but I’m even less likely to come here now.

Well, i wouldn’t say it’s irrelevant, but rather that’s a good thing that Crate have priorities like as example “website security”, and while i’m not the biggest fan of discourse myself (though i finally get somewhat used to it), it’s still with its own benefits and advantages. As examples the load-times are insanely fast and smooth. (though dayone was kinda a mess).

Level 2

Get to trust level 2 by…

• Visiting at least 15 days, not sequentially
  • Casting at least 1 like
  • Receiving at least 1 like
  • Replying to at least 3 different topics
  • Entering at least 20 topics
  • Reading at least 100 posts
  • Spend a total of 60 minutes reading posts

I think many people already do this
but why they are not Level 2?

PS: old ranks (Supporter, Acolyte and etc.) don’t UP then user reached the required number of posts
OR? post must be created only on new forum? and counter of the posts are ignore

Zantai from 13th June post:

"The ranks are a legacy from the old forum.

By default, they do not exist. We would have to add new badges and triggers for earning them, which requires exposing the SQL. So unless we change something down the line, they will likely remain a legacy from the olden times, special titles you can no longer acquire!"

2 Likes

and this one to link to the right post. Right in this thread!

Not sure what you mean Boro.

There’s either this for the new forum

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/u?order=post_count&period=all

Or this one for the old rankings

Which, yes I had to search out to update my link for.

than…
what about 2d level trust?

I was asking around.I am level 2,which opens new functions like creating new tags,but I can’t.Also when you reach levels in the trust system you receive badges,but also not have one for members level.I think it’s not working.

you are not 2 lvl
u are basic and it is 1 lvl
2 lvl is member

When I click on my profile,it’s showed Trust level member.And I have enough time and posts to be.

Then there’s a mismatch between the two; one says Basic, the other says Member.

Edit: Ah, I see what it is. Basic and Member are both L1 trust level. Looking at the way Zantai’s set it up L2 is only for playtesters and above. Nearly all the people registered on the forum are now Members, but you’re not going to go any higher up the Trust level just by being here, posting stuff, etc.

1 Like

So it’s impossible to gain higher lever,unless you are playtester? That’s odd.

Why do the “recent posts” show who most recently posted in a thread when on mobile, but who authored the thread when on desktop? It’s very confusing.

Frankly, I’d like to know the former (most recent poster) in both cases.

2 Likes

Level 2 requires time/forum activity. It’s automatic. I gave it manually to select individuals. Eventually anyone can get it.

So presumably that’s from zero on the new forum or does it take into account time/activity on the old one as well?

Level 0 - new user (member)
Level 1 - regular user (regular)
Level 2 - active user (veteran)
Level 3 - special user (mvp) - not possible to reach, nor does it have any perks as I disabled them
Level 4 - moderator

Level 2 requires 15 days and 10 posts (I disabled all the crap about X likes), so I expect people to start “leveling up” soon.

3 Likes

:ok_hand:

Lol i just reached level 2, so it’s working. :2nd_place_medal:

1 Like

OK,thanks for clarification @Zantai !

Earned member,just now.

1 Like

HIP HIP HOORAY!!! :dizzy: