New Forum Feedback

@Maya - you are welcome, but I only wanted to get started. I probably left many of your build guides untagged. Feel free to add tags yourself. :wink:

Can’t make tags T_T

Probably because of what Zantai said above

You should be able to choose from the existing tags. If you need extra ones, send me a PM.

Ah, didn’t see the full list there. Was confused because no scrolling. But probably could use tags for single masteries like Occultist, Soldier etc and for things like Crucible and Shattered Realms. Nothing much in special.

Also, just saw that the forum UI was also updated. Looks much neater now. No more clutter, hooray!

Ty guys <3

You can only add 5 tags. I wonder if you want to use 3 on the dual-class and its masteries. Maybe this is something you want to discuss in We need new build formats.

It was more in mind the single mastery builds like this one >> Link <<

Also ty for that link. I have a lot of catching up to do :scream:

I have added tags for the basic masteries, as well as for single mastery builds - e.g. Soldier vs Soldier-build. See the catalog.

I’d welcome this option, too.

Like the newer format just fine–it’ll be kind of fun to check it out in depth–always something nice to find. Anyway, although I am confident that 100% of everyone who has posted and who’s just browsing this thread is aware of this: I couldn’t recall my password, and I wasn’t sure which email address I’d used, so I punched in what I thought was my user name–it was, btw–and waited on the verification email that never came. So then I came back and was gratified to see I could put in the email address and just reset the password–so I did, then waited on the email which never came. But dummy here, that’s me, somehow forgot to check his spam folder–and lo and behold–I should have known–there were both emails from the crate system! Got in, no problem at all. Just wanted to remind everyone in similar straights to check your spam directory–I had just forgotten all about it, frankly–somehow.

Anyway–Forum looks very nice–and this game is something else!

I like it but it’s too much of a pain in the arse to navigate… Maybe I’m too old but this is going to be something to get used to or it needs a couple of changes.

EDIT: Never mind I worked out how to use the top bar properly lol, makes more sense now.

Yes found it.Thank you :sparkling_heart:

Glad to see the forum is improving daily.
People have a lot of issues with the new platform but I think there are several things it does better than the previous forum too.

The preview is more convenient for one, it has more markup options, the “last visit” line is useful, and how a thread immediately scrolls to your last read post is nice too (although not everyone may like this).
And the “crate tracker” that shows all mod/dev posts is definitely useful.

Some browsing issues/requests I still have:

Not being able to see the original and latest poster separately
I think this is something that is fairly important and shouldn’t be missing; hovering over the avatar for slightly more info isn’t equivalent.

The buttons on the top (“Grim Dawn,” forum section) have different functions based on where you are
Clicking “Grim Dawn” inside a thread brings you back to the category list and clicking “Announcements and Info” in this thread brings you back to the topic list.
But when you’re not inside a thread, clicking the same “Grim Dawn” opens a drop down menu that has the option to bring you to “all categories,” which is not the forum categories you would expect but the 3 main ones (Grim Dawn, future projects, off topic), of which 2-3 are already listed in the same menu.
And the forum section name button instead opens a menu that has a list of the categories.

It’s not a big issue, but it would be much easier if the same buttons just had the same function regardless of where you are.
I also think that section with the 3 categories isn’t particularly useful and that the “off topic” part could be grouped with the other forum categories (like on the old forum), and the “future projects” could be an icon on the top right instead.
That way all the info is retained but it requires less clicking and removes a redundant menu.

The latest & new buttons don’t always seem to work properly
Sometimes it shows topics that are days old and sometimes it correctly shows the new stuff.
Might be user error too.
I feel having 2 buttons for this is not particularly useful either. There is a distinction between them but the “latest” button is significantly more useful than the other one as it includes the info of the latter.

Distinction between read and unread topics could be better
It’s there, but making unread topics/posts more distinctive would make browsing clearer at a glance.

1 Like

Hi! I was surprised by the new forum software/layout.

Quite frankly I thought I was teleported to the Gearbox Official Forums. :stuck_out_tongue:

But you know what, Crate? Your version is waaay smoother! ^^

I just need to find a way to “Control+F” with my browser instead of the Discourse Engine when within a thread.

Thank you kindly.

The contrast between the two should now be more clear!

2 Likes

and I don’t have a tablet emulator at the moment to reproduce it on. It appears both on android’s chrome and opera if that’s of any help.

You have to go to someones profile to see how many posts they’ve made :sob:

Blockquote Volek
You have to update your links manually. As long as the threads haven’t been purged due to old age or irrelevance (the threads you listed all still exist) you can find them easily with the search tool. Speaking of which, it’s such an improvement. The old vBulletin search tool was completely useless, this one here actually works :grinning:

Yeah that was the issue. It would have been a real pain in the ass to find those links with the state the board was in that early morning around 5am on Tues, As I has stated when you visited the forums at that time, they seemed a complete mess. No stickied posts, all just random posts, most of which appeared to have their coding messed up and not closed correctly, not sure thats the right term either.

HOWEVER! I was up at 5am when I normally am not, had taken something to help me sleep AND since I live in Denver Colorado (and a legal resident) was also stoned. Shortly after I wrote that post I realized I should probably stop trying to anaylze websites lol and just go to bed.

Today I see the site and Forums look pretty good. Night and day difference since I last visited. I still can’t find the link for the build I am using, but its not a big deal I know the concept and run with it on my own if need be.
thalian

If you know the name/title of the build then you can just do a search for it.

Well, you can at least make a guess.

Forum ranks:

The post counts go something like this:
1 - initiate
25 - acolyte
50 - speaker
100 - supporter
200 - counsel
400 - advocate
600 - campaigner
800 - emissary
1000 - herald
1500 - champion
2500 - lord advocate
5000 - Apostle
7500 - Ascendant (Added in 2018 when someone unintentionally hit those numbers)