New Forum Feedback

Yes, should be able to I think. They’ll tell you if it isn’t.

You quote by simply selecting the text with the mouse and you’ll see "Quote appear above it. Click on that and it’ll appear in a text box for your reply along with a preview on the other side of the screen.

I’m quite liking the new forum, and with these real-time improvements it’s gradually getting even better. Good job and thanks for putting in the work, Z and Rhis (and anybody else if they also worked on it). :+1:

2 Likes

None of the grimtools links in ANY of the Compendiums work. None. I believe this is what our friend was referring to. And if by “growing pains” Zantai meant that every single one of these needs to be replaced, that’s kinda bananas, don’t you think? If the compromise was made for security, than so be it and, as you say, it will happen… Then fair enough.

I thoroughly respect that this game/forum has gone through changes and transformations through the years, and absolutely agree that this community as a whole is WAY above average, but that just seems like it would be a simple fix.

I know exactly what he was referring to. Builds in the compendium do have broken links atm, but if you go to the build you want (simply search its name in the search function) then you will find the grimtools link there works. It’s not rocket science folks.

grimtools links themselves work fine.

I do have a question about the way the forum handles links:
at the moment clicking them opens them in the same tab, could it be made so that links open in a new tab by default?

1 Like

Yes, you have to enable it in your preferences in your account.

1 Like

Never lose sight of the basic purpose of the forums, which was to share builds and troubleshoot issues with the game and its mods.

In an instant, the information is gone and has to be manually updated. That’s a lot of work people have put in, even if most are willing to do it again.

That’s a big part of why (many) people are angry. Not because it’s new. Don’t presume you know the issues when you are asking for feedback.

Now, my humble request: can we have the option for the forum to be in black text on white?

1 Like

I know why people are angry, but remember the person who’s going to have the most work on this is veretragna. I mean he could just turn around and say I’m not doing that all over again and then where would you all be? Everyone who contributes here does so because they want to. People these days expect everything instantly and sometimes that just can’t/won’t happen.

And as said, the builds themselves are still accessible on the forum - just not via the compendium. Searching for the name of the build using the search function will call it up and all the info is right there for you including the grimtools links. The information is not gone, it’s just that you have to access it in a slightly different way.

1 Like

More like, people these days expect everything to be delivered to them while they sit and do nothing and expect it to arrive the second they think of it. :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: Would be nice to have a “mark all as read” button where the “latest/top” buttons are (right under GD banner).

I made use of them in Link catalog for character builds, masteries and skills. With over 400k views it has been one of my more successful contributions here. Given the click counts from only the few past days there seems to be some demand.

However the Markdown link tag would have to support arguments with spaces.

1 Like

Well, now people will just type in the title “#ZantaiIsANerd:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I wonder who would do such a thing? A mystery indeed!

Its frustrating that they say they made these changes not only because of the issue with security, but because the old search functions etc took too long. However, now to search for an old topic you have to:

google a cached page or use wayback machine to view the thread
find and memorize some key words or phrases in the thread
navigate to official GD forums
search on the keywords
scroooollllololololol until you can hopefully find the discussion/topic you were looking for

THAT IT GUYS, EASY

(it makes no sense on why anyone wouldnt just use the cached page as the resource)

Eh, get over it. Shit happens and shit did happen. It’s far from the end of the world and most everything will right itself in due time.

I’m not repeating myself yet again on how to find builds here easily. As for other threads, well in a few weeks when most of those have been accessed on the new forum you’ll find them just as easily by googling as you did before, that’s just the way the internet works.

4 Likes

Well,for me the new forum is literally unusable from the phone.Before that everything loads in nano second,now I can’t load thing.Just spinning wheel and crashes.And that means I can’t physically used the forum.I hate to repeat myself,but I like the forum and am really unhappy with this situation.

Yes Windows phone is bad OS and IE as browser is infamous for it’s speed,but still doesn’t change the fact that previously I can access forum and now not.So that’s really frustrating.The design is counter intuitive and messy, you can adjust to it,but you need to load it first place.

To me vBulletin was more streamlined and the only thing I can imagine is the safety weaknesses are the reason for the change.But still…

Something you need to look into then perhaps? Works great on my phone. Better actually because now I don’t need to use Tapatalk to view it “properly” on mobile, I can use my mobile browser now: which on the previous forum incarnation looked and functioned like ass on mobile as it wasn’t designed to handle a mobile format.

I was disoriented too at first, and i didn’t like the layout and some missing features, but im noticing Crate is listening to feedback and making changes in real time, and I’m already seeing substantial improvements, mainly on the layout and use of space. So good job!

1 Like

Or you could just use the timeline bar to scroll through the thread to a specific date in about 5 seconds?

It was done for security, and yes, it’s a monumental task, which is why I’m helping him with it. We’ll have the compendium up and running again soon.

Yes it is, and I’m helping the player managing the Compendium to get the links restored.